Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    She stole the show .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She stole the show .
    While I don't like her getting facial piercings, I do love the rockabilly vibe her Bombshells design had. A sleeve tattoo on Dinah would be rad. The mole would give her a slightly more unique face but I imagine it would teleport all over the place too.

Truth be told, her Rebirth look is the best she's looked since Adams drew her and I would be fine if it didn't change for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    While I don't like her getting facial piercings, I do love the rockabilly vibe her Bombshells design had. A sleeve tattoo on Dinah would be rad. The mole would give her a slightly more unique face but I imagine it would teleport all over the place too.

Truth be told, her Rebirth look is the best she's looked since Adams drew her and I would be fine if it didn't change for a long time.
    The bombshell design was great for most of the characters, including Dinah! However, for the normal continuity, I would like Dinah to be without piercings or tattoos. But that is just my personal preference.

I agree with the Rebirth costume! It suits her character so well and is faithful to her classic design while modernizing it. The only other costume, aside from this, that I really liked was her costume in Injustice 2, the video game.

Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 12-04-2019 at 01:05 AM.

The bombshell design was great for most of the characters, including Dinah! However, for the normal continuity, I would like Dinah to be without piercings or tattoos. But that is just my personal preference.

I agree with the Rebirth costume! It suits her character so well and is faithful to her classic design while modernizing it. The only other costume, aside from this, that I really liked was her costume in Injustice 2, the video game.

It's not a bad look, but it's so busy up top that when you get to her boots it's like she ran out of money designing her costume. Literally nothing going on down there and such a top-heavy design budget really doesn't work for me. Make them look a bit chunkier with some visible treads, color contrasting laces or some metallic elements to break up all that black leather. Also? Replace all the yellow with blue. Her best looks have always used it and yellow accents on black will always say Cassandra Cain to me before it says Dinah Lance. Maybe they wanted to try a monochromatic design theory for Dinah and her hair pidgeonholed them into yellow? Overall pretty strong design, but I think it needs work for me to really love it.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-04-2019 at 01:43 AM.

It's not a bad look, but it's so busy up top that when you get to her boots it's like she ran out of money designing her costume. Literally nothing going on down there and such a top-heavy design budget really doesn't work for me. Make them look a bit chunkier with some visible treads, color contrasting laces or some metallic elements to break up all that black leather. Also? Replace all the yellow with blue. Her best looks have always used it and yellow accents on black will always say Cassandra Cain to me before it says Dinah Lance. Maybe they wanted to try a monochromatic design theory for Dinah and her hair pidgeonholed them into yellow? Overall pretty strong design, but I think it needs work for me to really love it.

I feel like the costume looks better in motion than in stills, but I agree, especially with changing the yellow to blue. When I got the game, I immediately changed the shader so her jacket and the accents towards her abdomen are blue rather than the standard color we see above.

Extraordinary Member

New recent video.
    BLACK WIDOW vs BLACK CANARY - Super Power Beat Down (Episode 26)

I just really want them to zip up more - sorry. Canary's just looks awful to me - at least I can see the sex appeal of BW, even I don't prefer it. You may have guessed I'm not a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I just really want them to zip up more - sorry. Canary's just looks awful to me - at least I can see the sex appeal of BW, even I don't prefer it. You may have guessed I'm not a guy.
    I feel like Canary's classic look doesn't translate well into live action. Especially if you remove the jacket. Her Rebirth or Injustice costumes would be much better suited for a movie or fan project.

I feel like Canary's classic look doesn't translate well into live action. Especially if you remove the jacket. Her Rebirth or Injustice costumes would be much better suited for a movie or fan project.
    Yeah, I think the Rebirth and Injustice looks would translate well to live-action.

I don't even think the classic look would be impossible depending on how you handled it.

Yeah, I think the Rebirth and Injustice looks would translate well to live-action.

I don't even think the classic look would be impossible depending on how you handled it.

You are correct. But the Rebirth or Injustice 2 costumes would definitely be more functional.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 12-05-2019 at 03:25 PM.

You are correct. But the Rebirth or Injustice 2 costumes would definitely be more functional.
    The heels on her boots can never work in live action if she's going to have the martial prowess she's known for in comics. Outfighting anyone short of Cassandra Cain and maybe Shiva or Richard Dragon in high heels would require she turns into a CGI effect.

Go with Rebirth. Evokes a similar vibe while providing infinitely more functionality.

On the printed page, animation or video games, either is A-OK with me.

The heels on her boots can never work in live action if she's going to have the martial prowess she's known for in comics. Outfighting anyone short of Cassandra Cain and maybe Shiva or Richard Dragon in high heels would require she turns into a CGI effect.
    Maybe if they were wedge heels?

Maybe if they were wedge heels?
    I feel like at that point she really should just wear biker boots proper. When it's an actual person doing martial arts, I don't know what the heel posture (wedge or otherwise) does to help. Dunno, I'm fine to let them go in live action.

Go with Rebirth. Evokes a similar vibe while providing infinitely more functionality.

On the printed page, animation or video games, either is A-OK with me.
    I agree that biker boots or boots with little to no heel would be more practical, but I always have to hink of this when someone says get rid of the heels: