Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, she looks great to me and I dunno, she looks like she can pass for 33-38 easily which is where I kind of peg Dinah.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    She looks great and I wouldn't have been upset if they had cast Kathryn but she isn't actually perfect from a casting standpoint. Studios go into these movies hoping for franchises and multiple movies that take several years to make. At 42, Kathryn is too old. She may be great now but she's not going to be playing Black Canary in 10 years which the studio takes into consideration.
    I would think DC has learned to not put the cart before the horse, so maybe she still has a shot. People are already used to multiple Canaries from "Arrow," so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would think DC has learned to not put the cart before the horse, so maybe she still has a shot. People are already used to multiple Canaries from "Arrow," so who knows?
    Not in a good way, in my opinion...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, 42 seems fine to me (she doesn't look her age). I'm not expecting Jurnee to play the role for 10 years.
    She may not be, personally I hope she is, but you can be sure that there is a clause in her contract for at least three films one way or the other. Margot has stated they hope to make more and that's not including the solo Black Canary movie that's been discussed or a Black Canary/Green Arrow movie that is wanted by fans and any potential sequels of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The only ways that would be possible is if Dinah Sr either time travelled to the future after the war, met current Dinah's Dad and got pregnant, then went back to her own time, which would explain Dinah ending up in care, or, if she had a healing factor which enabled her to stay young for a century, but in which case, why wouldn't current Dinah have the same power?
    Well you solved it🤣🤣. They can use one of your suggestions.

It'd be a lot easier to have the mother not be from the war.
    Yeah.wish they would clarify what the new canon is.

She may not be, personally I hope she is, but you can be sure that there is a clause in her contract for at least three films one way or the other. Margot has stated they hope to make more and that's not including the solo Black Canary movie that's been discussed or a Black Canary/Green Arrow movie that is wanted by fans and any potential sequels of those.
    3-films seems likely.

I've never heard any concrete rumors about a Black Canary spinoff beyond people who really like Jurnee as Black Canary hoping she gets one. Seems safer to bet she'll be stuck in Harley's films.

I guess if we get a Black Canary/Green Arrow movie we'll get Hard R Green Arrow.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    3-films seems likely.

I've never heard any concrete rumors about a Black Canary spinoff beyond people who really like Jurnee as Black Canary hoping she gets one. Seems safer to bet she'll be stuck in Harley's films.

I guess if we get a Black Canary/Green Arrow movie we'll get Hard R Green Arrow.
    There haven't been concrete rumors just talk about internal discussions after Dinah being considered one of the two stand out characters in the movie.

I saw this on instagram. It's absolutely beautiful.

Happy that we are getting an ass-kicking BLACK CANARY on the big screen. FWIW, I loved the "She has rage issues" line was classic flippant Canary
    https://images.app.goo.gl/N666cWxLj9xWTEXB9

Absolutely gorgeous .

Astonishing Member

I stumbled back on the Fletcher/Wu run of Canary the other day. It's soooooo good.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I stumbled back on the Fletcher/Wu run of Canary the other day. It's soooooo good.
    I thought it was okay, but it lost a lot of energy when Wu left the book.

She looks great and I wouldn't have been upset if they had cast Kathryn but she isn't actually perfect from a casting standpoint. Studios go into these movies hoping for franchises and multiple movies that take several years to make. At 42, Kathryn is too old. She may be great now but she's not going to be playing Black Canary in 10 years which the studio takes into consideration.
    How old was Robert Downy Jr. again when he started Iron Man and finished?
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    How old was Robert Downy Jr. again when he started Iron Man and finished?
    He started at 43 and ended at 54.