Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Amazing Member

In the tv show; Into The Badlands, one if the primary players is The Widow. An incredible badass who has the most convenient of powers. Normally she's always wearing these 3-4" stiletto heels (looks fantastic!) BUT....whenever she gets into her Kung fu battles (every show) her shoes magically 'transform into flats!!😎

Cover created by andrewtheartist on instagram

Just to make me more sad that Katheryn Winnick was not cast to play Dinah. She looks the part, can act the part and has the training required for the part.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Just to make me more sad that Katheryn Winnick was not cast to play Dinah. She looks the part, can act the part and has the training required for the part.
    Kathryn would have been great. So will Jurnee be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm sad they went back to Black Canary as daughter of Black Canary. Never liked it. And it still going to be the same old issue with WW II being too long ago for that to be Dinah's mom (if those are indeed references to WII and the atomic bomb in those blurry pages).
    So what now? whats Dinah's background, foster kid or Daughter of First Black Canary? .
    If the 2 Dinahs name is causing issues maybe they should change the mothers name, instead of erasing her from Dinah's life.

Because female heroine costumes (like Dinah's) tend to be both sexualized and impractical.
    Give Dinah pants!, its about time. Not feeling the shorts look. Her TV counterparts have since got pants, if they gonna copy something from those shows, at least copy that.

Yeah, at this point a wartime Black Canary would have to be Dinah's great grandmother, not her mother. The war was 80 years ago. Isn't that why they originally retconned golden age Canary out, along with Superman and Batman?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just say she wasn't active during WW2.

Wow, minus the costume she almost looks like Dinah straight out of the comics!

I remember when Winnick was featured on the Bravo reality show "IT Factor" following around a number of unknown actors trying to make it in the biz. She already had a martial arts background even then. Another actor profiled on the show? A certain comic book archer .... Jeremy Renner.

But yeah, she would have been perfect. Too bad there's already several tv Canaries and now a movie BC.

People gotta realise fan castings almost never happen. Anytime there is a popular fan casting of an actor/actress, its like WB chooses to go the total opposite way. Most of the DCEU casting have not been comic accurate, and fan casting tend to be. They are not gonna go with Charlie Hunman as Green Arrow lol, there are gonna be some new disappointed fans when WB cast him.

But hey, here is some lifeline for those who wanted Katheryn Winnick's casting, since the Birds of Prey Black Canary/Jurnee is biracial/mixed race, Katheryn could be good consideration to play her mother if there are other BOP movies/Black Canary solo. Time to hit up WB. hope they listen this time.

Yeah, at this point a wartime Black Canary would have to be Dinah's great grandmother, not her mother. The war was 80 years ago. Isn't that why they originally retconned golden age Canary out, along with Superman and Batman?
    Yeah they gonna have to do something about that and stop tying her mother to WW2. Still wonder how Dinah got in foster care, then ran away?, wonder how they are gonna retcon that and tie her new origins with BC 1 being her mother.
    Last edited by HunterX; 12-17-2019 at 12:47 AM.

The only ways that would be possible is if Dinah Sr either time travelled to the future after the war, met current Dinah's Dad and got pregnant, then went back to her own time, which would explain Dinah ending up in care, or, if she had a healing factor which enabled her to stay young for a century, but in which case, why wouldn't current Dinah have the same power? Meta powers tend to be hereditary (for example, Jon Kent and Bart Allen). It'd be a lot easier to have the mother not be from the war.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    People gotta realise fan castings almost never happen. Anytime there is a popular fan casting of an actor/actress, its like WB chooses to go the total opposite way. Most of the DCEU casting have not been comic accurate, and fan casting tend to be. They are not gonna go with Charlie Hunman as Green Arrow lol, there are gonna be some new disappointed fans when WB cast him.
    Yeah, I know that fan castings hardly ever happen, but I really can't help but think that Katheryn would have been perfect. The stylist from Wu Assassins basically dressed her like it, which didn't help. XD

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I know that fan castings hardly ever happen, but I really can't help but think that Katheryn would have been perfect. The stylist from Wu Assassins basically dressed her like it, which didn't help. XD

She looks great and I wouldn't have been upset if they had cast Kathryn but she isn't actually perfect from a casting standpoint. Studios go into these movies hoping for franchises and multiple movies that take several years to make. At 42, Kathryn is too old. She may be great now but she's not going to be playing Black Canary in 10 years which the studio takes into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    She looks great and I wouldn't have been upset if they had cast Kathryn but she isn't actually perfect from a casting standpoint. Studios go into these movies hoping for franchises and multiple movies that take several years to make. At 42, Kathryn is too old. She may be great now but she's not going to be playing Black Canary in 10 years which the studio takes into consideration.
    It's sad that's how Hollywood thinks, but I know it's the truth. And I don't want to be mean, but the DCEU or the DC film universe, at this moment, doesn't have the best track record of keeping actors or even keeping franchises alive. I would just worry about making good movies if I were them.

I dunno, 42 seems fine to me (she doesn't look her age). I'm not expecting Jurnee to play the role for 10 years.