Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Smolett-Bell’s version of Canary gets some pre-merchandising love ����

Side note: I wonder if her casting will be viewed as a liability for BOP (and proposed solo film for Black Canary)if the Smollett name continues to be in the news, controversially? Hoping her career remains above that fray.
    Between this, the baggage with Winstead and McGregor and many people just not responding well to the asthtetic to the film overall, I'm wondering if they're in crisis mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I'm not going through months of Internet stories to prove that I read something that I read. You wanna think I'm a liar or delusional, be my guest. You win.
    Actually WB heavily pursued Lady GaGa for the role of Black Canary but she side-stepped because of the physicality.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...irds-prey/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...anary-actress/
    https://batman-news.com/2018/08/11/b...-black-canary/
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...ial-rumor/amp/

You can argue whether they're "reputable" or not, but they were apparently right on this. WB seeks bi-racial actresses for Black Canary...they cast a be-racial actress for Black Canary... If they were looking to cast a bi-racial actresses to play Black Canary then it wouldn't make a lot of sense to audition Caucasian actresses for the role.
    All these articles we're released in August of 2018...the list of actresses reading for the roles was released a month later. Logic would dictate that these articles we're correct.
    Yeah, after they couldn't get Lady Gaga.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Yeah, after they couldn't get Lady Gaga.
    You forgot Jamie Comer, Vanessa Kirby and Blake Lively... All of whom, along with Gaga came before they decided to go with someone bi-racial.

This captures Black Canary so well .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

I love this!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I just read Green Arrow #50 and I have to say I'm glad Dinah came through in the end, but I was certainly disappointed and felt she was written out of character in contrast to how she was throughout the series before. Also, I'm very curious where this will pick up next and where Dinah and Ollie will go from here.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 03-06-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Fantastic Member

I already liked the look they went with for Jurnee's Dinah and after watching "Underground" I'm really starting to warm to her, I just wish they would release more behind the scene pics or even official pics of the characters. At this point it seems like Huntress is in 2 or 3 scenes in the movie and Dinah is in 2.

Nice find!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Fantastic Member

So, I tweeted to Gail Simone asking if there was any chance of her returning to the character of Black Canary in some capacity in the near future.

Her response; "Huh...Interesting question."

So, I tweeted to Gail Simone asking if there was any chance of her returning to the character of Black Canary in some capacity in the near future.

Her response; "Huh...Interesting question."
    Kinda wondering what that could mean since she's currently doing Marvel stuff.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kinda wondering what that could mean since she's currently doing Marvel stuff.
    I think she’s also doing the Flash Wal-Mart comic. And Plastic Man wasn’t so long ago.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I think she’s also doing the Flash Wal-Mart comic. And Plastic Man wasn’t so long ago.
    I forgot about the Flash Walmart comic (although hard to know when she wrote that one).

Maybe that's where Dinah will make a guest-appearance? Continuity is lax on that so she could even have the whole Post-Crisis Birds gang.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forgot about the Flash Walmart comic (although hard to know when she wrote that one).

Maybe that's where Dinah will make a guest-appearance? Continuity is lax on that so she could even have the whole Post-Crisis Birds gang.
    I see no reason to think she isn't still currently writing it. It's a 12-issue arc, and I think only the first has been released so far. She's probably about mid-way through or so.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers