Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

So it occurs to me that the entire reasoning behind making Dinah a singer was because it logically made sense with her metahuman Sonic abilities so if this movie makes her a singer and she doesn't have her Canary Cry, that's just asinine.

Not sure this has been posted here or in the previous thread. Image by Stjepan Sejic.

wonder_woman+black_canary1.jpg
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Not sure this has been posted here or in the previous thread. Image by Stjepan Sejic.

wonder_woman+black_canary1.jpg
    Always love me a Sejic art piece (especially with the ladies) .

Although those straps on the front of Canary's costume are mildly distracting...

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    So it occurs to me that the entire reasoning behind making Dinah a singer was because it logically made sense with her metahuman Sonic abilities so if this movie makes her a singer and she doesn't have her Canary Cry, that's just asinine.
    The DCEU has been mostly accurate to power sets so I don't see the worry about Dinah not having a sonic scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The DCEU has been mostly accurate to power sets so I don't see the worry about Dinah not having a sonic scream.
    I think it's going to be less of a question of the DCEU being accurate to powersets and whether the Canary Cry will fit the interpretation of Dinah and the world they're constructing for the movie.

Black Canary by @jenbartel

Pretty Bird, indeed .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Looks great. The way she draws faces reminds a bit of Babs Tarr.

Dinah gets a surprise appointment in DCeased #2:

dinah-greenlantern.jpg
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I just don't care for the singer bit. Yes, technically her abilities are vocal, but they would have nothing to do with singing ability (at least, how they originally worked). I liked the dojo and the flower shop, both, actually. Dojo goes with her skill set, but flower shop is more innocuous cover. And there's no reason very tough women can't like flowers. Or just think it's a good business.

I do have a question - do we know anything about Dinah's birth family in New52? Or even Golden age? I never liked new-Canary-is-old-Canary's-daughter, but I can't think of any family information (beyond husband) that has existed in any other version.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I just don't care for the singer bit. Yes, technically her abilities are vocal, but they would have nothing to do with singing ability (at least, how they originally worked). I liked the dojo and the flower shop, both, actually. Dojo goes with her skill set, but flower shop is more innocuous cover. And there's no reason very tough women can't like flowers. Or just think it's a good business.

I do have a question - do we know anything about Dinah's birth family in New52? Or even Golden age? I never liked new-Canary-is-old-Canary's-daughter, but I can't think of any family information (beyond husband) that has existed in any other version.
    Yeah but she is a singer in the movie so I hope that means that she does have her Canary Cry. So far, reports are that she does have it.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Dinah gets a surprise appointment in DCeased #2:

dinah-greenlantern.jpg
    No fishnets ?
    She had a mother and father that both died...and a ninja aunt.

This was addressed in the DCYou run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    and a ninja aunt
    Wish i had a ninja aunt.

Thanks for family info.

Wish I could be interested in movie, but I have absolutely zero interest in seeing Harley Quinn, especially not in seeing heroes team up with her.

. . . I never liked new-Canary-is-old-Canary's-daughter . . .
    The concept behind that wasn't so bad, but the retconned origin back in 1983 where they also had to take into account why Black Canary had thought she was really the Golden Age Black Canary (instead of the daughter) for the stories published between 1969 and 1983 got a bit on the creepy side when you thought about it. (Did she really remember all the times her mother and father had sex and think she was the one having sex with her father?!? )