Page 181 of 301 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I understand what you are saying. But I'm grieving xD
    Saaame. Also the people on this forum love to ignore runs they don’t like? That’s no fun. I don’t ignore runs, I acknowledge them all. I feel I have to.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Hopefully it's a story that will be ignored. But it's a story that really pissed me off. I'm in mourning. Lol
    It IS a story that will be ignored. Everything you'll see in the last few months had been written long before this went to the page. The whole point of this run was to piss off in everyone that loved Scott and Emma in the 21st century, together or not.

Like I've been saying, it makes no logical sense why Marvel would do this, or the "Cyclops is Hitler" thing, unless someone got pissed Scott looked right in AvX and made their biggest characters- and the people that worked on the story- look like idiots and held a grudge.

If it was just to break off Scott/Emma, there was no need for this. If it was just for Scott & Jean together, they would have been in the run at the start and it would be this big promotion about the two together again. If it was about Scott becoming more idealistic like he was in the past, just write him that way (Jim Zub did). And of course, controversy about Scott being right or wrong, and about Scemma, could fuel runs for years (and still might), and relationships that lasted much less or were less important are often re-explored (see: Kittylossus) or at least teased.

The only thing that makes sense is they're trying to actively turn people off all that for petty reasons and giving it one last go now, because Hickman doesn't give a **** about it, and in fact is almost certainly in the "Rightclops" side (seeing how he wrote Scott before).

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Saaame. Also the people on this forum love to ignore runs they don’t like? That’s no fun. I don’t ignore runs, I acknowledge them all. I feel I have to.
    But many of the runs are completely contradictory.

If Emma is gonna have a short, hot romance, I vote Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeeeeah, but unless retconned I struggle with ignoring things. Just my weird thing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Getting it on with the enemy, I see.

I can see it! Her Club and Stark Industries working together etc, etc.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Honestly now that Jean and Scott are back together. I really hope Mama just does her own thing and hardly ever acknowledge the relationship. I was extremely happy to see her on a team that doesn't have either Jean or Scott. Mama doesn't need to be held back by a past relationship that obviously wasn't going to last. Now that Summers's true love is back, Mama needs to just be great working alongside Kate, Ororo, Bobby, and the others
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

It IS a story that will be ignored. Everything you'll see in the last few months had been written long before this went to the page. The whole point of this run was to piss off in everyone that loved Scott and Emma in the 21st century, together or not.

Like I've been saying, it makes no logical sense why Marvel would do this, or the "Cyclops is Hitler" thing, unless someone got pissed Scott looked right in AvX and made their biggest characters- and the people that worked on the story- look like idiots and held a grudge.

If it was just to break off Scott/Emma, there was no need for this. If it was just for Scott & Jean together, they would have been in the run at the start and it would be this big promotion about the two together again. If it was about Scott becoming more idealistic like he was in the past, just write him that way (Jim Zub did). And of course, controversy about Scott being right or wrong, and about Scemma, could fuel runs for years (and still might), and relationships that lasted much less or were less important are often re-explored (see: Kittylossus) or at least teased.

The only thing that makes sense is they're trying to actively turn people off all that for petty reasons and giving it one last go now, because Hickman doesn't give a **** about it, and in fact is almost certainly in the "Rightclops" side (seeing how he wrote Scott before).

I think they underestimated how popular Emma is as a character. JDW wants her to be a villain because, nostalgia, and he wants the readers to want her to be a villain too. The problem is that Emma is a popular heroic character in the comics. Writers outside of the X-Office that borrow Emma still portray her like a hero. Rosenberg had to put her through torture in a storyline to come up with a reason she would give up the cure. He even had to work with the existing foundations from X-Men Black, from Infinity War, and from Jessica Jones. Emma was using the Hellfire Club to build schools when we first saw her in Uncanny.

They couldn't write her being an outright villain because it doesn't fit with any of the other stories that other writers have written. I am sure if Rosenberg could continue this run on Uncanny he would have Emma grow bitter and want revenge on Scott and Jean or something stupid. I love that Hickman is just going, Emma and Scott are broken up, ok I can work with that, Emma decides to work with Storm and Kitty on an endeavor to rescue mutants and get herself away from Scott and Jean. She doesn't become a villain under Hickman's run, instead she just gets to work helping mutants her way and tries to avoid being around Scott and Jean. I imagine Hickman may revisit the triangle at some point, but I don't think Emma is going to become a villain or act crazy because of it.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Emma's future, I am glad she is out roaming the ocean with Storm and Kitty away from the group for a bit. This will give Emma a chance to shine as a character and part of a team.

Ugh, I love that every other office ignores Evil Emma and keep her a diva hero. What a twist, the other offices save an X-Character from the X-Office.

Spectacular Member

You people do know that you're doing exactly what Rosenberg and/or the editor expected you to do, right? The point was to piss off in not only Scemma, but both their characters arcs in the 21st century, in a story that is so absolutely irrelevant than dozens of characters that died there are shown alive and well in the next few months.
    Are we though? I admitedly don't hang around the forums very much, but from what I see the complaints are concentrated here, and are already dying out thanks to the recent news.

No, he's saying that Scott blamed Emma less than a handful of times in the past 7 years- in fact, exactly twice.
    That's not what I got from that quote, but even if that's the case... how many times has Emma blamed Scott in the past 7 years? And how many times has she stopped doing whatever she was doing for his sake?
    I wouldn't mind the ending of Rosenberg's run if it really meant the end of Scemma and she was finally allowed to move on, but past story shows me that's not likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Honestly now that Jean and Scott are back together. I really hope Mama just does her own thing and hardly ever acknowledge the relationship. I was extremely happy to see her on a team that doesn't have either Jean or Scott. Mama doesn't need to be held back by a past relationship that obviously wasn't going to last. Now that Summers's true love is back, Mama needs to just be great working alongside Kate, Ororo, Bobby, and the others
    Exactly. Frankly, I love the roster of the Marauders book. Still iffy with Kitty as the leader and with Pyro in general, but it includes 2 of my top 5 X-Men in Frost and Bishop, and Ororo and Bobby are solid additions as well.
    Last edited by OldManLogan; 07-21-2019 at 09:53 AM.

You mean, the guy that nearly destroyed her life by shooting the Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Ugh, I love that every other office ignores Evil Emma and keep her a diva hero. What a twist, the other offices save an X-Character from the X-Office.
    Emma is not the only character that has been portrayed better in the X-office than outside it in the last years; if anything, that's the rule, rather than an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post

That's not what I got from that quote, but even if that's the case... how many times has Emma blamed Scott in the past 7 years?
    Once, early in Bendis run.

Kevin Feige said this reiteration of the X-Men will be very different to what was done before. Whedons tea., Whedons team, Whedons team

Kevin Feige said this reiteration of the X-Men will be very different to what was done before. Whedons tea., Whedons team, Whedons team
    Oh God. I was done with the MCU, but if he gives us an Emma Frost that’s not Jones’ canon fodder, I’m so down. Also, a great way to just ignore the Phoenix storyline by skipping over her.

BANNED

I hope the Emma/Kitty dynamic is reminiscent of Gen Hope (and NOTHING like any book from the past 2 years).

Last edited by Maestroneto; 07-21-2019 at 10:04 AM.

You mean, the guy that nearly destroyed her life by shooting the Phoenix?
    That was so long ago and in comics, that's as good as it never happened. Hell I think they even had a fling before. They're the two most 'alpha' people in the Marvel Universe. It's a no brainer lol

Oh, that would be awesome. No Xavier and Magneto, please.

That was so long ago and in comics, that's as good as it never happened. Hell I think they even had a fling before. They're the two most 'alpha' people in the Marvel Universe. It's a no brainer lol
    As far as I'm concerned, Scott, Emma and Illyana being in the Avengers, or dating Avengers, is heresy. HERESY, I say.