Page 226 of 301 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I said before and I'll say again: the Namor retcon was possibly the worst thing to have ever happened to Emma in her entire history, perhaps even worse than IvX and Rosenberg's run
    It turned her from a powerful, independent woman to a weak-willed one caught in the dick measuring contest of two alpha males. Fraction even had her willing to abandon all she built to be Namor's wife. Anyone that supports that pairing supports Emma as a lesser character, and any fan of hers souls want the whole thing retconned, rather than becoming important again.
    I wouldn't say all she built, just cut her ties to the Hellfire Club. That makes sense, because Emma wanted to build a school to train mutants, Namor could have easily supported her in doing that and he would have encouraged her to keep her surface world company going so she could build an economic empire to undermine the surface dwellers. I think the only thing she was going to cut ties with was the Hellfire Club.
    Did Tessa work with Mastermind to erase her memories of Namor on Sebastian's orders? Or was she doing it because Xavier told her too? Since Tessa was technically working both sides at the time, working for Sebastian and Xavier both.
    I would love it if they explored this further, what would the impact to mutant rights have been if Emma had been married to Namor all this time, she would be safe from any interference at all, she would only have to answer to Namor and he would only ask her to keep him posted on what she was doing to mess with the surface governments. I bet he would give her free reign as long as she didn't hurt any innocent people. Emma would take all the blocks out of Namor's head that Xavier put there, help him deal with his "voices" that have now come up in Invaders.

I think instead of Xavier / Magneto, it would end up Namor and Emma driving mutant rights from that point on and Emma would have the school she always wanted probably located in an island country like New Zealand where she trains mutants.

I would love a What if? of this, What if Emma Frost had married Prince Namor in her early 20's, how would that have changed the world?

She would be able to build her own version of Cerebro with the help of the top Atlantean Scientists.
    Namor might even be more stable and cunning because his mental issues would be cured.
    Emma would push Namor to defend mutants world wide, they might even form some kind of understanding with Magneto, or if Magneto got in their way they would take him out and take his Brotherhood from him!

I don't think this makes her look as weak as some people thing, it makes Sebastian look desperate to keep Emma and Namor from forming a permanent alliance because there was a very good chance that Emma and Namor together would have taken over the Hellfire Club and merged it's resources with Emma's company!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, anyone that knows either Namor or Atlantis knows a queen, and a surface dweller at that, would never be allowed to be an equal to the King. She'd have to be submissive. Not to mention another reason the retcon makes no sense is Tessa was Xavier's spy and Namor was with him in the Iluminatti. Ir removed Emma's agency entirely on that matter, making her a pawn and a victim in Namor and Shaw's contest, only because Fraction wanted a copy of the Scott-Jean-Logan triangle, but knew it would make no sense for Emma to have any interest in him in the present day, so he came up with a retcon that lessened her. The best thing for Emma would be to retcon the whole thing, including the thing about her being Shaw's abuse victim, as mental manipulation by Emma herself.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wouldn't say all she built, just cut her ties to the Hellfire Club. That makes sense, because Emma wanted to build a school to train mutants, Namor could have easily supported her in doing that and he would have encouraged her to keep her surface world company going so she could build an economic empire to undermine the surface dwellers. I think the only thing she was going to cut ties with was the Hellfire Club.
    Did Tessa work with Mastermind to erase her memories of Namor on Sebastian's orders? Or was she doing it because Xavier told her too? Since Tessa was technically working both sides at the time, working for Sebastian and Xavier both.
    I would love it if they explored this further, what would the impact to mutant rights have been if Emma had been married to Namor all this time, she would be safe from any interference at all, she would only have to answer to Namor and he would only ask her to keep him posted on what she was doing to mess with the surface governments. I bet he would give her free reign as long as she didn't hurt any innocent people. Emma would take all the blocks out of Namor's head that Xavier put there, help him deal with his "voices" that have now come up in Invaders.

I think instead of Xavier / Magneto, it would end up Namor and Emma driving mutant rights from that point on and Emma would have the school she always wanted probably located in an island country like New Zealand where she trains mutants.

I would love a What if? of this, What if Emma Frost had married Prince Namor in her early 20's, how would that have changed the world?

She would be able to build her own version of Cerebro with the help of the top Atlantean Scientists.
    Namor might even be more stable and cunning because his mental issues would be cured.
    Emma would push Namor to defend mutants world wide, they might even form some kind of understanding with Magneto, or if Magneto got in their way they would take him out and take his Brotherhood from him!

I don't think this makes her look as weak as some people thing, it makes Sebastian look desperate to keep Emma and Namor from forming a permanent alliance because there was a very good chance that Emma and Namor together would have taken over the Hellfire Club and merged it's resources with Emma's company!
    Why don't these interesting What If? issues get made?! I would read the crap out of that. The first What If I ever got was What If: Spider-Man Had Married the Black Cat.

I think you're right, Emma and Namor meeting each other early on could have changed them drastically and even the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Why don't these interesting What If? issues get made?! I would read the crap out of that. The first What If I ever got was What If: Spider-Man Had Married the Black Cat.

I think you're right, Emma and Namor meeting each other early on could have changed them drastically and even the MU.
    So many events wouldn't have Emma involved, the Hellfire Club wouldn't have had Emma's help to go after Jean Grey and the Phoenix. Some of Namor's encounters with other modern teams might have been toned down a bit because his wife would be more diplomatic. Emma's personality would be different, she would have escaped the back stabbing and infighting of the Hellfire Club much earlier. She would have retrieved her brother from her father.

Did Namor want a subservient wife or did he want a wife would stand beside him and rule! The fact that Emma has such a strong personality I think she would be more of the "rule together" type of people. I think Emma would further Atlantean interests on the surface. I think Namor would send her out diplomatically to deal with the surface governments and represent Atlantean interests. I don't think she would be that subservient to him, sure she was young at the time, but I think he would help her with the things she wanted to accomplish. Emma wanted to find the middle way between Xavier and Magneto and I think Namor would have supported her in that.

Again, Emma being an equal doesn't fit either Namor nor Atlantis, specially her being a surface-dweller. And have her just willing to go to Atlantis and abandon everything for a man, not to mention the whole thing with being Shaw's abuse victim, was just blatantly out of character. And of course the fact Namor did nothing for years despite working with Xavier all this time is just ridiculous. It would be better off just retconned, or at least forgotten.

Plus, personality-wise, the two are just too similar. Would be like to pair up Scott with Abigail Brand or Maria Hill. Just dull.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    So many events wouldn't have Emma involved, the Hellfire Club wouldn't have had Emma's help to go after Jean Grey and the Phoenix. Some of Namor's encounters with other modern teams might have been toned down a bit because his wife would be more diplomatic. Emma's personality would be different, she would have escaped the back stabbing and infighting of the Hellfire Club much earlier. She would have retrieved her brother from her father.

Did Namor want a subservient wife or did he want a wife would stand beside him and rule! The fact that Emma has such a strong personality I think she would be more of the "rule together" type of people. I think Emma would further Atlantean interests on the surface. I think Namor would send her out diplomatically to deal with the surface governments and represent Atlantean interests. I don't think she would be that subservient to him, sure she was young at the time, but I think he would help her with the things she wanted to accomplish. Emma wanted to find the middle way between Xavier and Magneto and I think Namor would have supported her in that.
    I think something similar, I don't think Emma would become spineless. I think she'd more of the "don't mistake my compassion for weakness" type of person with Namor, and comparatively when her empathy runs out she'd be more terrifying than Namor. I think Emma also wouldn't be such a massive housewife in this made up scenario we made (), I think she'd be on land with Namor visiting often or vice versa.

Again, Emma being an equal doesn't fit either Namor nor Atlantis, specially her being a surface-dweller. And have her just willing to go to Atlantis and abandon everything for a man, not to mention the whole thing with being Shaw's abuse victim, was just blatantly out of character. And of course the fact Namor did nothing for years despite working with Xavier all this time is just ridiculous. It would be better off just retconned, or at least forgotten.

Plus, personality-wise, the two are just too similar. Would be like to pair up Scott with Abigail Brand or Maria Hill. Just dull.
    That may be true, but I'm all about ships, so I can't stop shipping who I ship! Shipping, for me, is...

i m p u l s i v e
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-17-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Also, Cyclops x Maria Hill? The more I think about it the more I think it'd be cute.

For me it's not so much about shipping just a curiosity about what would have happened if Emma hadn't been prevented from marrying Namor? I would love to see the repercussions to the MU and the cascade effect of that marriage. I think it would significantly change things. Could you imagine if it was Emma and Namor that freed Genosha and made Genosha a protectorate of Atlantis. They use Atlantean advanced tech to create a missile defense system capable of destroying Sentinels and are able to repel the attack on Genosha. Now Genosha becomes a safe haven for mutants under the protection of Atlantis! I would love a 3 part series that explores that, just to see how different things could go. Emma and Namor become concerned because Wanda Maximoff is going crazy and could possibly warp all reality so they have her killed by an assassin, thereby preventing M-Day and Decimation from every happening. On and on it goes, with Namor and Emma unifying the cause of Atlantis and Mutants world wide, and the impact of that on all the world governments.

I don't know if I like Emma and Namor together. I see them as close friends with benefits.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I don't know if I like Emma and Namor together. I see them as close friends with benefits.
    Oh they shouldn't be together now, I don't think it will work with the current way X-Men and Namor are set up. I would just like to see a What If? issue exploring what would have happened if they had successfully gotten married, I think it would have been a massive change to continuity. But moving forward I think the Emma and Namor relationship isn't going anywhere and I am not sure who I would suggest pairing her up with if at all.

Please no shipping for Emma now. She need to be single.

I said before and I'll say again: the Namor retcon was possibly the worst thing to have ever happened to Emma in her entire history, perhaps even worse than IvX and Rosenberg's run
    It turned her from a powerful, independent woman to a weak-willed one caught in the dick measuring contest of two alpha males. Fraction even had her willing to abandon all she built to be Namor's wife. Anyone that supports that pairing supports Emma as a lesser character, and any fan of hers souls want the whole thing retconned, rather than becoming important again.
    Yes, I've been pretty vocal about my dislike for the retcons too. I think that Fraction Annual retcon stuff came out BEFORE that X-Men Origins issue, which was also awful.

She was SO cool as the original White Queen!
    Last edited by ButterRum; 09-17-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Please no shipping for Emma now. She need to be single.!
    I agree.

Emma needs a break from the dating scene.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'd prefer Emma to not be close friends with benefits with a mass murderer. (Not saying Namor is not a great character, though, but no one should wish any woman to be near him)

I'd prefer Emma to not be close friends with benefits with a mass murderer. (Not saying Namor is not a great character, though, but no one should wish any woman to be near him)
    Yeah at this point it's time for Emma to move on. I also hope they don't have her pining away for Scott either. Emma is a grown woman, she should be able to move on from a relationship that is over. Just please don't have her date Sebastian Shaw, that's just gross, Emma and Sebastian do not like or trust each other and I don't think they ever have. Even back in the time when Emma was a core member of the Hellfire Club, Emma worked with Tessa to get Storm and Magneto into the Hellfire Club so they could oust Sebastian.

I don't care if she's single or not but if they do have to have her date I just hope it's something not serious, either a friends with benefits situation or just a casual thing.

Whatever your feelings of Scemma are, it was intense for the most part, so anyone following after that should be nothing but a rebound and then a writer can try something more epic.

I do kind of want to know how Scott and Emma are now socially. The idea that they could have a friendly ex relationship could be fun and it's one of the things I think was promised but was not delivered under Bendis beyond those issues where they talked in the snow. And then later at the end where Scott made that nasty Namor comment.