Page 93 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1941

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Would Emma being revealed a trans woman change the framing of her past? Her as an ally to Iceman. Her being blamed by a cis woman for the demise of a marriage. Or even that cosmetic scene in Morrison's X-Men where it's brought up in the context where the Phoenix is trying to hurt Emma.
    Her eggs were harvested to create the Cuckoos. It would be an interesting retcon but there is a problem.

I suppose if they wanted to, they could always make a retcon to that and create them using another source of Emma's DNA.
    Last edited by Glio; 05-21-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Her eggs were harvested to create the Cuckoos. It would be an interesting retcon but there is a problem.

I suppose if they wanted to, they could always make a retcon to that and create them using another source of Emma's DNA.
    Another possibly annoying retcon.....she was a side project of Sinister......created to possibly attempt to find alternative Omega Level Mutants in case his pet project failed.......or keeping the Sublime thread, she was a Sinister creation that was stolen, perhaps by the Frosts........or the Emma from the last 15+ Years was a clone of the one from Dark Phoenix Saga/ Upstarts Attack/ Generation X.........yeah, we bring clones back into the mix.......

Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Another possibly annoying retcon.....she was a side project of Sinister......created to possibly attempt to find alternative Omega Level Mutants in case his pet project failed.......or keeping the Sublime thread, she was a Sinister creation that was stolen, perhaps by the Frosts........or the Emma from the last 15+ Years was a clone of the one from Dark Phoenix Saga/ Upstarts Attack/ Generation X.........yeah, we bring clones back into the mix.......
    I think that would undermine making her trans as it would imply she's not natural

Anyway, although interesting, would not it be very stereotyped that Emma was trans?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Anyway, although interesting, would not it be very stereotyped that Emma was trans?
    I don't think the problem is the steriotypical of it but rather that Marvel would handle it very poorly.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Would Emma being revealed a trans woman change the framing of her past? Her as an ally to Iceman. Her being blamed by a cis woman for the demise of a marriage. Or even that cosmetic scene in Morrison's X-Men where it's brought up in the context where the Phoenix is trying to hurt Emma.
    I donít think it would change one bit, why should it?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I don't think the problem is the steriotypical of it but rather that Marvel would handle it very poorly.
    I do not know, I find it problematic that so many LGTB mutants are anti-heroes or villains. Daken, Mystique, Psylocke ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    I donít think it would change one bit, why should it?
    Well the attack on Emma in Morrison's run would appear transphobi especially with the use of the cosmetic surgery line.

Astonishing Member

There's also the fact that, not only she had children in quite a few alternate timelines (besides the Cuckoos), Emma comes from a traditional and famous family, so people would know she was born male. If you want to retcon someone into being trans (which I don't think it's a good idea in itself), it would be easier with a main character without a well-known origin and background.

Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar

Does anyone know where this cheesy as hell page is from?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Does anyone know where this cheesy as hell page is from?

Christopher yost I think it's from manifest Destiny series

Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar

Christopher yost I think it's from manifest Destiny series
    Oh that explains it. He also had her hysterically crying in Necrosha while Cyclops had to drag around.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Oh that explains it. He also had her hysterically crying in Necrosha while Cyclops had to drag around.
    He needed Craig Kyle to balance him out. Emma cried in every solo Yost story he included her in.

Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar

He needed Craig Kyle to balance him out. Emma cried in every solo Yost story he included her in.
    Kinda glad I missed the Necrosha event.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Kinda glad I missed the Necrosha event.
    That’s unfortunate. It was a pretty awesome crossover with great art