Page 161 of 301 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Oh, that pissed me off too, but still, despite his rude rejection, he still had some respect for Emma. And in the Death of X she was his number one ally and he knew that.
    And now... I can’t understand how someone can treat their exes like that. I mean, Emma still loves him, and even if he is not agree with her actions, he should have shown more empaty towards her. And I don’t know how anyone can be happy that this kind of man is with Jean now.
    I don't know. He's the same person who kissed Emma over his wife's dead body. He didn't even wait for her body to go cold. So on one hand, the douchebaggery towards Emma could be in-character for him.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Does this include Bendis' run? Remember Cyclops said he wouldn't touch Emma with Namor's trident.... over something that happened when they were all under possession of the Phoenix Force!!!! Why would he hold that against her? And he was OK with Magik sending everyone to the demon gulags and Namor trashing Wakanda? He was OK with Jean murdering a billion aliens? But he held Emma against the stupid thing with Namor?

It was OOC of Cyclops and just a one-sided way to trash Emma.

Honestly, Cyclops treatment of Emma was irredeemable after AvX. Has it really taken this long for people to realize this?
    No, we complained at the time too. It was blatantly out of character, and in fact, probably my least favorite Scott moment ever- it's just Bendis clearly dislikes the relationship and never provided a reason for the two of them not to be together. Remember in UXM #2 he had Illyana saying "Thank the Dark Lords" they weren't together, which led a lot of people to assume she was interested in Scott, but she was really just a mouthpiece for Bendis.

Mind you, all the latter writers seemed to write that the two were a couple, and anyway they were fine together, so we just have to assume he apologized.

I don't know. He's the same person who kissed Emma over his wife's dead body. He didn't even wait for her body to go cold. So on one hand, the douchebaggery towards Emma could be in-character for him.
    When a cosmic force pushes you to move away from you guilt, you don't worry about stuff like that.

Emma was right

I don't know. He's the same person who kissed Emma over his wife's dead body. So on one hand, the douchebaggery towards Emma could be in-character for him.
    Maybe as a Cyclops fan I always been able to find some excuses for his actions. Like the situation with Madelyn was very confusing for him, and when he kissed Emma on the Jean’s grave, he was under this manipulation that Jean created by removing his sense of guilt towards her. But now I really can't find any excuses for what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, we complained at the time too. It was blatantly out of character, and in fact, probably my least favorite Scott moment ever- it's just Bendis clearly dislikes the relationship and never provided a reason for the two of them not to be together. Remember in UXM #2 he had Illyana saying "Thank the Dark Lords" they weren't together, which led a lot of people to assume she was interested in Scott, but she was really just a mouthpiece for Bendis.

Mind you, all the latter writers seemed to write that the two were a couple, and anyway they were fine together, so we just have to assume he apologized.

When a cosmic force pushes you to move away from you guilt, you don't worry about stuff like that.
    Even when Scott and Jean had problems, Morrison wrote Jean really well, and there was never any outright bashing of either characters. Her death was respectful and bittersweet. It wasn't one-sided, and you could see the reasons for both cases.

The ending of Scott and Emma was just blatantly one-sided and disrespectful.

It reminds me of the bad writing in Desperate Housewives. There was this one actor that the director didn't like, so he wrote the worst scenes for the character. It was so blatantly obvious.

Or the writing of Pretty Little Liars. The show was so blatantly catering to the Twitter mob. I had to stop watching after S3.

Maybe as a Cyclops fan I always been able to find some excuses for his actions. Like the situation with Madelyn was very confusing for him, and when he kissed Emma on the Jean’s grave he was under this manipulation that Jean created by removing his sense of guilt towards her. But now I really can't find any excuses for what happened.

Jean/Phoenix/whatever pushed him to move on. He could have moved on with Emma, but he didn't have to kiss her over his wife's dead body.

And I'm more partial to Cyclops too but his characterization has sucked the past 10 or so years.

I really liked him in Astonishing X-Men. What the hell happened to that Cyclops?
    Last edited by ButterRum; 07-18-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Emma was right

I really liked him in Astonishing X-Men. What the hell happened to that Cyclops?
    Agree. And what happened to Logan, too? I really didn’t liked how he treated Emma and wanted to kill her. It’s so sad how the characters forget about their relationships under the bad writing.

Emma was right

It reminds me of the bad writing in Desperate Housewives. There was this one actor that the director didn't like, so he wrote the worst scenes for the character. It was so blatantly obvious.
    O, did you mean Orsen?

Once again: it's impossible to explain the Cyclops is Hitler era and the writing in these issues for purely artistic or commercial reasons. I still hold on to the theory that someone got angry that most fans thought Cyclops was right in AvX and held a grudge.

Emma was right

I wish Emma will find a man/women who would really apreciate her. It’s not like I think that women nesesserely should have romantic realtionships to be happy, I’m a women myself after all. But I think she really needs some close realationships after what’s happened to her, give the girl some love.

Agree. And what happened to Logan, too? I really didn’t liked how he treated Emma and wanted to kill her. It’s so sad how the characters forget about their relationships under the bad writing.
    I forget the character's name, but I think she ended up dying by an electrical power station in the neighborhood lol.

Rosenberg also ignored that Emma and Magneto currently have bad blood between them to the point that he went on a rampage to try and murder her, yet they were standing side by side and neither reacts to the other

I wish Emma will find a man/women who would really apreciate her. It’s not like I think that women nesesserely should have romantic realtionships to be happy, I’m a women myself after all. But I think she really needs some close realationships after what’s happened to her, give the girl some love.
    Nah, she and Scott just need a writer that isn't set in reliving his childhood days and wanting Scott to be with JEEAAAAAAAAAN and Emma as a villain. They were great under Morrison, Whedon, Pak, Fraction, Ellis...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rosenberg also ignored that Emma and Magneto currently have bad blood between them to the point that he went on a rampage to try and murder her, yet they were standing side by side and neither reacts to the other
    Rosenberg doesn't acknowledge other writers work, except to bash Scott.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nah, she and Scott just need a writer that isn't set in reliving his childhood days and wanting Scott to be with JEEAAAAAAAAAN and Emma as a villain. They were great under Morrison, Whedon, Pak, Fraction, Ellis...
    That would be great, but how can we erase everything bad that was already been written? I really can't imagine how Scott can redeem himself before her, a simple “sorry” will not be enough.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

What happened to Emma was horrible but It is not Jean's fault or Jean/Scott fault. They suffered through the same or worse, I feel you becuase i lived that but blaming Jott or Jean isn't going to solve anything. It is not for Jott that Scott and Emma aren't together, just like Emma had little to do with teen jean and scott being together or not. They aren't as connected as they seem.
    some times marvel is interested in any of the relationships other times they don't care for any of them. They all have their own problems.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-18-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What happened to Emma was horrible but It is not Jean's fault or Jean/Scott fault. They suffered through the same or worse, I feel you becuase i lived that but blaming Jott or Jean isn't going to solve anything. It is not for Jott that Scott and Emma aren't together, just like Emma had little to do with teen jean and scott being together or not. They aren't as connected as they seem.
    some times marvel is interested in any of the relationships other times they don't care for any of them.
    I will say the same to you when a writer comes along and trashes Jott. They aren't connected as they seem.