Page 180 of 301 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Now put this one next to it
    She’s such a doll, ugh!

In continuity, I feel like Scott was on this hero’s high and felt like he had to flex for Jean Grey, so he blows up Cerebra as Emma held it, lol... “Check it out, babe. *blows **** up*”

In real life Rosenberg knew he wanted Scott to make this hero’s call so he writes this, but ended up scapegoating Emma in the process and making Scott come off so insensitive.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-21-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But any relationship between them is based primarily on a terrible story that introduced a retcon that was absolutely disastrous for Emma's character and made no sense whatsoever, and any smart writer should retcon all that stuff, including Emma being Shaw's abused girlfriend (her being a telepath, that is all very easy), or simply pretend it never existed. That Annual is to Emma almost what Sins Past is to Gwen Stacy, and just bring all that stuff up is very bad for her.

Plus, it's just boring- Namor is the kind of person that jerks off to pictures of himself, and him with Emma would just bring the worst traits in her, not to mention their arrogant, snobbish personas are too smilar- would be like if Scott begun to date Agent Brand or Maria Hill, for example. Not to mention Namor is now a bonafide mass murderer and killed billions of people.

(And of course, Scott treating her badly this last issue is also a fault of the writers, and Rosenberg's run is essentially out of continuity anyway).

Also, as Fluffy said in the Scott tread:

Emma mindwiped and manipulated Scott telepathically for weeks; if Rosenberg's last issue has to count against Scott, why does the 11 other ones don't count against her?
    The text in quotes twisted the story so much it feels we're reading different books.
    Scott did blame Emma for her actions while she had a piece of the phoenix ("wouldn't touch her with Namor's trident"), she's the one that didn't blame him, otherwise she wouldn't be the one to try and get back with him.
    "Retroactively invent himself/herself as the perfect LI" is exactly what the author of the quote is doing to Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    My bad, wrong choice of words. I meant a little romance, but nothing serious.
    Hey, I’m all for it. Hopefully he does make things easier out on sea for them because he and Emma are together. Namor needs his blondes, okay? Sue’s taken, and NAMOR NEEDS A BLONDE!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-21-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Emma was right

He never thanked her for destroying the cloud. I was rooting for this ship since it’s started, and I mean I like their dynamics, doesn’t matter if they are friends or a couple. But scemma received so much damage for the sake of nostalgia, so I don’t know how anyone can undo that.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post
    The text in quotes twisted the story so much it feels we're reading different books.
    Scott did blame Emma for her actions while she had a piece of the phoenix ("wouldn't touch her with Namor's trident"), she's the one that didn't blame him, otherwise she wouldn't be the one to try and get back with him.
    "Retroactively invent himself/herself as the perfect LI" is exactly what the author of the quote is doing to Cyclops.
    She protected him against the Avengers
    Attached Images Attached Images

This

10char

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Hey, I’m all for it. Hopefully he does make things easier out on sea for them because he and Emma are together. Namor needs his blondes, okay? Sue’s taken, and NAMOR NEEDS A BLONDE!
    Yeah, the main reason why I don’t want it to be serious is Sue actually. I don't want Emma to be a second choice again. Let them have some fun, and then moved on.

Emma invests love, blood, money, sweat and tears

Even in death Emma looks out for your siblings

Emma roots for you with all her heart.

Emma was right

All this panels is the reason why I chose to pick sides in all recent madness.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

You people do know that you're doing exactly what Rosenberg and/or the editor expected you to do, right? The point was to piss off in not only Scemma, but both their characters arcs in the 21st century, in a story that is so absolutely irrelevant than dozens of characters that died there are shown alive and well in the next few months.

JDW even retweeted that article that the point of the UXM annual of January was that Scott was WROOOOOOONG, and said here the fact that he was wrong was coming up again, something he did that was so bad that killing Xavier was just the extreme consequence of Scott going WROOOOONG (seems clear to me he meant UXM #22 and having the affair with Emma).

And now, rather than ignore this garbage story, just like we were doing with IvX or the Secret Empire one in which she tries to force Tyke to become Scott, because it's terrible writing (but even those were more important than Rosenberg's run), you fall into that bullshit.

No, he's saying that Scott blamed Emma less than a handful of times in the past 7 years- in fact, exactly twice.

He never thanked her for destroying the cloud.
    Did he even knew that happened? He doesn't remember Emma until the end of #20, and there he gets all the memories at once.

You people do know that you're doing exactly what Rosenberg and/or the editor expected you to do, right? The point was to piss off in not only Scemma, but both their characters arcs in the 21st century, in a story that is so absolutely irrelevant than dozens of characters that died there are shown alive and well in the next few months.

JDW even retweeted that article that the point of the UXM annual of January was that Scott was WROOOOOOONG, and said here the fact that he was wrong was coming up again, something he did that was so bad that killing Xavier was just the extreme consequence of Scott going WROOOOONG (seems clear to me he meant UXM #22 and having the affair with Emma).

And now, rather than ignore this garbage story, just like we were doing with IvX or the Secret Empire one in which she tries to force Tyke to become Scott, because it's terrible writing (but even those were more important than Rosenberg's run), you fall into that bullshit.

No, he's saying that Scott blamed Emma less than a handful of times in the past 7 years- in fact, exactly twice.

Did he even knew that happened? He doesn't remember Emma until the end of #20, and there he gets all the memories at once.
    Hopefully it's a story that will be ignored. But it's a story that really pissed me off. I'm in mourning. Lol

I still won't be happy with a cordial platonic relationship with out some.sort of discussion on panel

Emma was right

I understand what you are saying. But I'm grieving xD

Yeah, the main reason why I don’t want it to be serious is Sue actually. I don't want Emma to be a second choice again. Let them have some fun, and then moved on.
    Good call. They can be together for a bit, but the love shouldn’t be comparable to Scott and Emma because then she’d just be 2nd to Sue. But I don’t have a problem with that when it comes to Scott and Jean since that’s like the story of her love/romance. I like reading about her emotional turmoil with being second to Jean. It’s got this Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy feel to it, but more painful.