Page 129 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    It looks like maybe X is using a cerebro like helmet, so it could possibly be powering his powers, which would explain a bit I guess. But I dont know X is seeming like a very antagonistic character so far, im guessing he's probably going to tell the mutants to either go to Mars or "the world" since he does have fantomex's body
    The covers will not tell the whole story and might be intentionally misleading. Heard someone say here that was the case for Hickman's Avengers run.

But I think the "X" on Emma's costume is there for real at least, as Magneto also has one and we saw his in the internal art already.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    The covers will not tell the whole story and might be intentionally misleading. Heard someone say here that was the case for Hickman's Avengers run.

But I think the "X" on Emma's costume is there for real at least, as Magneto also has one and we saw his in the internal art already.
    Yes, and that's a good thing! Because let's be honest, Emma's and Magneto's times as villains are over now. You can't play the same song over and over. The characters have evolved too much to just rewind the time as if it hadn't happened.
    Now, Emma's history is linked to the X-Men and she fills a special niche in the X-Men family.

Correction, Uncanny #20 is penciled entirely by Larocca, so this will show up in either Uncanny #21 or #22.
    Guess we have to skip one issue after each cliffhanger for some reason.

Edit: Or maybe the art below is Larocca, hard to tell without any colors, stringy hair styles and diaper suits.

Most of the preview art from X-Men Monday #12 showed up in Uncanny X-Men #19. But there's still two panels to be accounted for.

The first must be from issue #20 following the cliffhanger in the last issue.

The second is probably also from the same issue. Does not tell me much except that it's outdoors and she's telepathing though. The background could possibly reveal something.

Last edited by myownlittleusername; 06-14-2019 at 07:57 AM.

I really hate the way they keep framing the cure thing. I guess they really want us to see Emma as a hateful person for giving up the cure. Even though she has been trying to keep Scott, Logan, Dani, Illyana, Xi'an, Rahne, and Jamie alive.

Well the fact that the outcasts are back means Rosenberg is really truly going back to the 90's with this crap. I honestly felt they wanted us to be sympathetic for Emma because she was pretty badly tortured but I guess I was wrong. Mind you these synopses are written to be misleading so who knows maybe they want us to still wonder where Emma's motives lie until the actual issues come out.

I know in X-Force they portrayed it that Rachel was still working for Stryfe in X-Force 10, but she pretty much torched his base in X-Force 9 so the solicit is misleading. X-Force 10 is more now about what Rachel has to do to fix the time line, how many people is she going to have to mindwipe to keep Stryfe from rewriting history with the knowledge that he has now.

So maybe the Uncanny writers are waiting to slowly show us what Emma has been doing to undermine Callahan and the O.N.E. all this time.

BANNED

I have arrived at Divided We Stand in my Decimation-AvX reread and there's definitely a shift in Cyclops and Emma characterization (to Emma's detriment) once Alonso takes over as group editor. Cyclops becomes much more agressive and mentions that he likes Emma more when she wears skimpy clothes. Emma states every other page how much she loves dominant Cyclops and that she's so hopelessly in love with him. They also start being depicted with more conservative power dynamics. They go from co-headmasters before MC to Cyclops being the undisputed leader of the X-Men and Emma his most loyal and devoted follower. As someone who actually likes Emma, Cyclops and their relationship, things start to get gross here (and it's gonna get worse with Fraction). One of the results of that is that Emma's priorities for being with the X-Men shift from being there for the students to being there for Cyclops, which is of course some editors' bad read of things.

Anyway, was wondering if other Emma fans see a shift in characterization and dynamics between Westchester and San Fran.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

There was a change, but mostly a natural progression of Cyclops becoming more aggressive by necessity. Also, they were co-headmasters, but Cyclops was the team leader, and once the school aspect became minor, since they ditched the New X-men altogether, it was inevitable. That said, Fraction's Emma wasn't great, tough certainly much better than what we got in recent years.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

JDW on Emma & heroism. Just a small chat with fans on her tying with CAP in the polls.
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...74454804852737

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I have arrived at Divided We Stand in my Decimation-AvX reread and there's definitely a shift in Cyclops and Emma characterization (to Emma's detriment) once Alonso takes over as group editor. Cyclops becomes much more agressive and mentions that he likes Emma more when she wears skimpy clothes. Emma states every other page how much she loves dominant Cyclops and that she's so hopelessly in love with him. They also start being depicted with more conservative power dynamics. They go from co-headmasters before MC to Cyclops being the undisputed leader of the X-Men and Emma his most loyal and devoted follower. As someone who actually likes Emma, Cyclops and their relationship, things start to get gross here (and it's gonna get worse with Fraction). One of the results of that is that Emma's priorities for being with the X-Men shift from being there for the students to being there for Cyclops, which is of course some editors' bad read of things.

Anyway, was wondering if other Emma fans see a shift in characterization and dynamics between Westchester and San Fran.
    Absolutely. It's about that time I started complaining everything. I would say I started seeing the shift when Messiah CompleX began, and it became more apparent for Divided We Stand.

Men just have trouble writing strong, competent women with a man as co-leader too. It's totally stupid.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 06-14-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I really hate the way they keep framing the cure thing. I guess they really want us to see Emma as a hateful person for giving up the cure. Even though she has been trying to keep Scott, Logan, Dani, Illyana, Xi'an, Rahne, and Jamie alive.
    I guess you're referring to the #20 solicit from SHH?

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...anny-x-men-20#

That little editorial is their own, have nothing to do with Marvel or Rosenberg. The solicit for the issue is:

"The mutant race faces elimination at the hands of a vaccine erasing the X-Gene from future generations…"

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    JDW on Emma & heroism. Just a small chat with fans on her tying with CAP in the polls.
    I can see his point with that tweet. The issue though is that people (writers and himself sometimes it feels) don't consider her actions to be heroic.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This seems to be an interesting take. She can be good on her own way and at the same time be flawed, make mistakes and take very hard choices that others couldn't.
    Someone good doesn't always thinks of herself as good.

That little editorial is their own, have nothing to do with Marvel or Rosenberg. The solicit for the issue is:

"The mutant race faces elimination at the hands of a vaccine erasing the X-Gene from future generations…"
    Yeah, I figured it was the editor for the web site itself that wrote that, I just can't stand that they constantly frame Emma that way. She was frigging tortured for several days in a hotbox with a punishment collar to force compliance. I am going to assume that under such extreme torture they took pains to ensure she could not commit suicide by making her collar shock her if she tried to slit her wrists or break her own neck.

Oh well, I guess I just like Emma and I always will so I will never agree with the people who try and say she is evil incarnate.

That little editorial sounds like it was written by Spirit or Yogaflame. That's fairly irresponsible.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, I figured it was the editor for the web site itself that wrote that, I just can't stand that they constantly frame Emma that way. She was frigging tortured for several days in a hotbox with a punishment collar to force compliance. I am going to assume that under such extreme torture they took pains to ensure she could not commit suicide by making her collar shock her if she tried to slit her wrists or break her own neck.

Oh well, I guess I just like Emma and I always will so I will never agree with the people who try and say she is evil incarnate.
    That's what matters at the end of the day anyways. Emma and Scott seemed to be locked in as punching bags for Marvel's X-office. Who knows when that will end.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

I'd agree there was definite change, but not to the point where both characters were unrecognizable to me. As Omega Alpha mentioned, it seemed more natural imo. From what I remember the X-Men were "disbanded" at the end of Messiah Complex meaning the school was abolished. It makes sense to me that Emma's focus at the time was being there for Cyclops. And this was pre-Utopia. However, Emma's priorities were later addressed in X-Men: Regenesis (sorry if you haven't read up to there yet).

If you're reading through a lens of change and progression, it'd be interesting to take into account the setting they're in, especially in later events such as Dark Reign (which Emma plays a huge part in).