Page 88 of 301 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyone that missed that series unfortunately missed out on a huge chunk of Emma's backstory which serves as the origin of her redemption arc which leads into her being an X-man. Its no wonder he only views her as a villian
    Or why every that focuses specifically on Emma deals with the retconned, abusive relationship with Shaw.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 05-13-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Is Generation X available on comixology?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I believe so. I have the 1 and 2 trades, but the 3 trade is EXTREMELY rare.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I have every the single issue of the series. Love the 90s ads.

BANNED

I haven't been following the Infinity nonsense. How did Emma get mixed up in all that?

Is the full good parts of the run there?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

1 and 2 have some excellent parts. Without 3 (and the end of the series which never got a trade), you do miss a couple key events (Adrienne, and Emma's first real redemption arc after she allows Emplate to take Penance).

Most memorable issues, IMO:

Generation X #24 - Emma reveals her past to the students (supposedly in mental asylum)

Generation X #-1 - Emma meets with Dark Beast. Get to see Emma listen to trade secrets at business galas in NYC.

Generation X #34 - Another issue teasing Emma's return to villainy. Never actually happens.

Generation X #42-43 - Emma smashes Bianca's head with a watermelon.

Generation X #45-46 - Emma loses her powers from the Psyche Wars (I think?) but gains them back. School gets inspected. Jubilee defends Emma!

Generation X #54 - Emma threatens Adrienne if she hurts the students.

Generation X #55 - Another issue teasing Emma's return to villainy. An oddly similar plot to Astonishing X-Men: Torn. The students see an old reincarnation of the White Queen, and it happens to be Emma projecting her guilt.

Generation X #59 - Emma takes the kids on a field trip to NYC. Meets the Avengers Apologizes to Firestar

Generation X #68, 69, #70 - School problems. Adrienne blows up the school, Synch dies.

GenerationX #75 - Emma shoots Adrienne

Am I missing anything else?? The first couple volumes introduce the team dynamics. They are still worth the read IMO!! But they aren't as Emma-centric as some of the other issues. This page lists all her Gen X appearances categorized as major / minor / cameo: https://emmafrostfiles.com/comics/titles/generation-x/

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyone that missed that series unfortunately missed out on a huge chunk of Emma's backstory which serves as the origin of her redemption arc which leads into her being an X-man. Its no wonder he only views her as a villian
    And that's my problem with Mr. White. The man only wants to acknowledge the "White Queen" side of Emma instead of taking Emma's good and bad and respecting her more noble and caring moments throughout the character's history. Emma Frost is more than some 80's villainess and needs to be remembered as such. Considering he works at Marvel him not reading up on Generation X is simple laziness and unwilling to see Emma outside of his perspective
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Well, that was enlightening, and lots of pretty art too, no worries on that front at least

Considering that she wears white again in the Hickman mini-series and is referred to as White Queen by him it could be that the current Black King phase will end during the current Uncanny X-Men arc.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I don't know how I feel about most of the answers (not being on an X-team and such), but I did like the kinda tongue in cheek helmet answer. Are all the images new (with the exception of the car one)?
    Yeah, that was a good answer. "... the internet made snide remarks about it and she quietly had it destroyed." Maybe even close to what happened IRL. Whining on the internet does work sometimes.

All the images are new yes. Looks like they are all from the upcoming Uncanny X-Men arc with exception of the one from the Hickman mini and the car one.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Oh god. I just read the interview. Why do people insist on bringing up the worst parts, like the helmet and X-Men First Class (lol at the gif at the end)?

Wonder why they think Emma can't be a true hero or a real X-Men. There are so many X-characters who are reformed baddies... Gambit, Wolverine, Rogue... but you don't hear people say they'll never truly be X-Men! Emma Frost has been a hero since the 90s too, and yet everyone remembers her as a villain. She's been part of the X-Men longer than she was a villain. I think because she has a bitchy attitude is why they conflate her with being a villain. LOL.
    Thing is though, that many characters can be a true hero on the real X-Men. Too many actually, and there's not room for everyone (all the time).

I think we all agree that pushing Emma to fit that mold would be somewhat wasting her as a character and not take proper advantage of her distinct characteristics. More character diversity is not a bad thing.

As long as she gets the needed panel time it does not really matter to me if she's on the "real" X-Men or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Plus, X-men is not a monolithic thing anymore. Cyclops' X-men Utopia/Revolutionary era for example, is very different from classic X-men Aaron/Guggenheim pushed, and even X-men Red was different than those two. There's no reason she can't be a part of a X-men team that doesn't fit the traditional mold.
    Looks like you and JDW are on the same page then.

"But yeah, as we move forward, how to strike that balance–giving Emma, one of the best characters in X-Men, the screen time she needs to show off how great she is without necessarily putting her on the traditional X-Men team–is something we have put a lot of thought into. And I am probably not talking about the story you think I am talking about."

"I never read Generation X, so I missed the boat on that series."

Shocker there. Real shocker.
    The actual quote was: "I didn’t read Generation X when it was coming out, so I missed the boat on her in that series."

Plenty of people didn't read Generation X at the time it was originally published. It's a long time ago now after all. Going by his phrasing he's probably read it or gotten familiar with it later on.
    Last edited by myownlittleusername; 05-13-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But Morrison's Emma was caring with the students, had good relations with Logan and Hank, and of course fell in love with Scott. She was really a bitch only to Jean and to some of the bad guys.
    The end of Morrison should have been x babies. Emma and Jean fighting over a bearclops. Emma being very naughty and taking Jeans favored toy.

You know the mess up part about this... Is that I would so buy a book about x babies fighting over bearclops kind of like the x babies vs avenjerks.

So looking at this teaser from Hickman's upcoming mini, it seems the partnership between Emma and Mystique will continue there as well.

Whether still as Black King and still in Hellfire Club remains to be seen. She's in white here obviously and looks like they are in X-Nihilo's garden on Mars according to the popular fan theory.

Mutants on Mars is something I've been crying out for, I hope it comes through.

I'm still hoping Emma is faking the mutant deaths, actually saving them from ONE and taking them to her privately funded Mutant home land.

I read the interview from yesterday with White, and I genuinely liked his questions. It was also interesting to see him mention this unrevealed new book that they have planned for Emma, which will showcase how she uses her wealth and shines her in a new manor light without being in a X-team. I wonder what are the chances of this new book being a solo series for her
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Looks like we’ll be seeing Emma in both the present/past and Future storylines with POX and HOX. And I think there’s a huge chance we’ll also get a lot more Emma in Wave 2 after this event is over, whether it be good or bad is up in the air though
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...e-powers-of-x/

Also on the POX #2 cover which I believe takes place in the future we see Emma donning a “X” insignia on her new costume(which by the way looks good I’m loving the fur the chain) this can show that Emma is apart of the X-men in some capacity in the future
    Last edited by Diammandis; 05-14-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer