Page 253 of 301 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Shaw isn't Emma's seat. Shaw was a requirement that Erik and Charles wanted on the council, they asked Emma to bring Shaw back in as part of the agreement. Emma doesn't want Shaw anywhere near her.

Emma negotiated to have the power to pick a sitting council member herself, her pick is Kate. I think the reason she picked Kate because Emma knows Kate won't backstab her, Kate will argue to Emma's face and won't hide things from Emma. Kate will also be just as suspicious of Shaw as Emma is. Emma doesn't mind Kate being a thorn in her own side, she appreciates that Kate will be a much bigger thorn in Shaw's side. She picked Kate because she knows Shaw will hate this pick.
    Part of the original deal was that Emma would have to work or Shaw, and for that she would have two seats on the council. Emma negotiated to have 3 seats on the council. I'm pretty sure Shaw was the second seat, and Kitty would be the third. Even then, what is the advantage of just picking someone on the council? It's not voted, Xavier and Magneto picked everyone, wouldn't they have 12 seats on the council then?

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Part of the original deal was that Emma would have to work or Shaw, and for that she would have two seats on the council. Emma negotiated to have 3 seats on the council. I'm pretty sure Shaw was the second seat, and Kitty would be the third. Even then, what is the advantage of just picking someone on the council? It's not voted, Xavier and Magneto picked everyone, wouldn't they have 12 seats on the council then?
    Erik and Charles always intended for Shaw to be the 2nd seat. Emma was told to bring Shaw back to the Hellfire Club and he would be the 2nd Hellfire representative on the council. So Emma made an agreement for a 3rd Hellfire seat as her compensation for having to put up with Shaw again. Emma doesn't have a say in Shaw's seat on the council, that is Erik and Charles putting him there, not Emma.

Emma does have a say on the 3rd Hellfire seat, that is her pick and she gets to pick whomever she wants for the 3rd Hellfire seat. Lol, I kind of loved the scene where Emma puts her feet up in front of the 3rd chair, pretty much telling everyone that the 3rd seat is hers to pick.

As for advantage, Emma's political power comes from a few things, she is the political UN Ambassador for Krakoa or she is the Secretary of State for Krakoa, she is the political voice of Krakoa to the rest of the world. Emma is also CEO of the Hellfire Corporation and Shaw and Kate are board members. Emma controls the legal trade contracts for Krakoa whereas Shaw gets control of the Black Market side of things.

She is one of the most powerful politicians on Krakoa, she is not the ruler of Krakoa, she just has a lot of political clout.

As for the votes, Emma just has her own vote. I can tell by her pick that Emma doesn't expect Kate to vote with her as a voting block, she expects Kate to be a huge thorn in Sebastian's side. Kate will argue with Emma, and perhaps they will end up having to come to some kind of compromise with each other on a regular basis, but Kate will be doing things that Sebastian definitely doesn't like because she isn't immoral like Sebastian is.

Personally I think Emma picks Kate because she knows it will aggravate Sebastian and piss him off.

The three Hellfire votes don't belong to Emma, she gets one, Sebastian gets one, and Kate gets one. They aren't a block. There are going to be times where some of them vote the same way, but they all have their own voices.

Emma's political clout mostly comes from her control over legal trade contracts, and that she is the political voice of Krakoa to the world. When Krakoa negotiates a trade agreement with a country, they send Emma Frost, that's her job, she is Secretary of State and Ambassador.

Anyway, Emma is not the ruler of Krakoa, she just has a lot of political capital because she is a big part of the Krakoan government's foreign services branch.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

This is the wrong thread but you guys are really active and interested so I'll ask here:

How do you anticipate Kate Pryde becoming Red Queen/King in Hellfire Club to affect her characterization? Is she going to become distanced some from traditional X-Men ethos as a result? Or will it be a pure surface aesthetic and not really "mean" much?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    This is the wrong thread but you guys are really active and interested so I'll ask here:

How do you anticipate Kate Pryde becoming Red Queen/King in Hellfire Club to affect her characterization? Is she going to become distanced some from traditional X-Men ethos as a result? Or will it be a pure surface aesthetic and not really "mean" much?
    No I think Emma picks Kate deliberately because she has her own misgivings about what is going on. I have a feeling that Emma picks Kate to be an absolute counter to Sebastian, a Red King/Queen who is a perfect counter to the Black King.

Emma probably expects Kate will argue with her and tell her off regularly, but at the end of the day Emma trusts that Kate will be up front and truthful about her feelings. Emma know that if Kate was mad at her she would come right into Emma's office and tell her off, Kate won't backstab Emma, that's not the kind of person she is.

Emma has spent a good portion of her life fighting with Sebastian and she finally had him purged from the Hellfire Club and Corporation and now Erik and Charles asked her to bring Shaw back again. So Emma is going to bring Kate in so she doesn't have to deal with Shaw by herself.

As for the votes, Emma just has her own vote. I can tell by her pick that Emma doesn't expect Kate to vote with her as a voting block, she expects Kate to be a huge thorn in Sebastian's side. Kate will argue with Emma, and perhaps they will end up having to come to some kind of compromise with each other on a regular basis, but Kate will be doing things that Sebastian definitely doesn't like because she isn't immoral like Sebastian is.
    Hickman said on the panel that she controls a third of the council votes though. How seems unclear at the moment.

Always possible he’d had too many beers when he said that I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Hickman said on the panel that she controls a third of the council votes though. How seems unclear at the moment.

She doesn't exactly control them, they are part of the Hellfire Corporation and she is the CEO. That doesn't mean Shaw and Kate are going to vote with her all the time. Emma and the Hellfire Corporation both have a lot of influence over the politics and trade for Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

I don't think it will change much. It's probably easier for Emma to put her in the positions she wants her in (on the council/captain of the ship) with her as the Red Queen. And I think most people believe she is supposed to act as a countermeasure to Shaw, which means she would need to keep with the traditional ethos.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Yeah, that's the issue. We don't know what he means by "control".

looks like we will be seeing Christian once again, and hopefully it looks like he may be apart of the HFC

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...570363393?s=20

edit: wrong link
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Oh interesting that looks great

Astonishing Member

She doesn't exactly control them, they are part of the Hellfire Corporation and she is the CEO. That doesn't mean Shaw and Kate are going to vote with her all the time. Emma and the Hellfire Corporation both have a lot of influence over the politics and trade for Krakoa.
    they (Shaw Emma Kitty ) are 1/4 of the votes, perhaps Emma "bought" mystique with cash, bribing her, and is allied with Storm, after all they are all Marauders. so they reach the third

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    they (Shaw Emma Kitty ) are 1/4 of the votes, perhaps Emma "bought" mystique with cash, bribing her, and is allied with Storm, after all they are all Marauders. so they reach the third
    honestly, I think we are over thinking it. I think it's really Emma having a huge amount of power over the economy and trade of Krakoa. She controls the legal movement of good in and out of the country. She is also the political face of the country, like the Krakoa version of Secretary of State.

Also, I posted this in the Marauders thread, but with the rumours of Christian appearing as a possible White Knight of the Hellfire Club, I am wondering if a few people are in the Hellfire Club.
    Kate > Red King
    Storm > Red Queen
    Bobby > Red Knight
    Bishop > Red Bishop (just because)
    Pyro > Red Rook

At this point Kate is just showing off how much of a nerd she is by having a full slate of chess positions on her side of the Hellfire Club! Plus Kate thought they really were going to play chess at Hellfire Club meetings and she wanted to be able to win by having the best team.

Emma > White Queen
    Christian > White Knight

Then if we have Shaw, I think I know who he would bring in to cause problems for Emma.
    My guess is that the Black Bishop is going to be Cordelia Frost

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    My mistake, Hickman said ”quarter”, not ”third”.

Why is Shaw part of the council? He is such a joke at this point. He was ousted from the HFC in the 90s by Emma, Magneto, and selene. Emma has destroyed him like 10 times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'm happy they aren't selling the bogus "always evil" narrative. But I'm worried with how cheaply the X-Men got their "win" that Emma's "redemption" won't be looked upon kindly by history, especially if Hickman's grand plan isn't well received down the line. Worst case, it could end up looking like Guggenheim shilling for Kitty.
    What? How did they "cheapily'' get their "win"

So is this Christian as White Knight? That is promising if so....

Last edited by darkalamator; 10-07-2019 at 02:46 AM.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare