Page 259 of 301 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4503

Any way so excited for this era of X-Men. Marauders and X-Men 3 just on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Any way so excited for this era of X-Men. Marauders and X-Men 3 just on the horizon.
    Me too! Emma is shining finally.

Out of boredom and self-harm, I reread Rosenberg's run today and I was thinking a couple things (maybe they've been already discussed here but I wasn't around at the time xd).

First of all, reading it as a whole gives the idea that actually Emma wasn't much of a villain or a mad woman at all in Rosenberg's mind, since the whole controlling the X-Men, erasing herself from their memories was all leading to her building Cerebro and erasing everyone's memories. I guess the execution was just plain bad, because it always looked like she was hella shady and was only doing it for herself, while the final shift with everyone being on board with her plan and helping Emma made it seem like the others understood her good intentions.

The only really bad thing she did was handing out the cure, but it looks like she didn't know the X-Men were dead at the time. She probably was like "I'll just head out and tell everyone what's happening with ONE" but things didn't go her way in an unpredictable manner. Even after that, finding Dark Beast and Sinister was all about reversing the cure, so she did have a backup plan about the vaccines. Only thing that leaves me buffled is how inconsistent this looks like. In some panels you could think "Well, she's got a master plan" while in others she was completely helpless.

If it had been written with a bit more consistency she probably would have ended up looking like the only competent X-men around lol since she had a good plan and she was slowly getting there while the rest of the X-Men were playing vigilantes. Plus, even with Cerebro, Sinister and Cortez, the memory erasing thing was a bit feat. That's more skill than powers imo.

EDIT: I might reread DoX and IvX now to complete the character assassination stuff. But now that I think about it, she was also the only competent X-Men in those too lol. Then probably I'll reread HoX/PoX for purging this all out.
    Last edited by Veitha; 10-13-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Me too! Emma is shining finally.

Out of boredom and self-harm, I reread Rosenberg's run today and I was thinking a couple things (maybe they've been already discussed here but I wasn't around at the time xd).

First of all, reading it as a whole gives the idea that actually Emma wasn't much of a villain or a mad woman at all in Rosenberg's mind, since the whole controlling the X-Men, erasing herself from their memories was all leading to her building Cerebro and erasing everyone's memories. I guess the execution was just plain bad, because it always looked like she was hella shady and was only doing it for herself, while the final shift with everyone being on board with her plan and helping Emma made it seem like the others understood her good intentions.

The only really bad thing she did was handing out the cure, but it looks like she didn't know the X-Men were dead at the time. She probably was like "I'll just head out and tell everyone what's happening with ONE" but things didn't go her way in an unpredictable manner. Even after that, finding Dark Beast and Sinister was all about reversing the cure, so she did have a backup plan about the vaccines. Only thing that leaves me buffled is how inconsistent this looks like. In some panels you could think "Well, she's got a master plan" while in others she was completely helpless.

If it had been written with a bit more consistency she probably would have ended up looking like the only competent X-men around lol since she had a good plan and she was slowly getting there while the rest of the X-Men were playing vigilantes. Plus, even with Cerebro, Sinister and Cortez, the memory erasing thing was a bit feat. That's more skill than powers imo.

EDIT: I might reread DoX and IvX now to complete the character assassination stuff. But now that I think about it, she was also the only competent X-Men in those too lol. Then probably I'll reread HoX/PoX for purging this all out.
    There were elements in Rosenbergs run that had potential. But the execution was horrible. The way the female deaths were kind of brutal while the male deaths were all heroic. Maybe Rosenberg just can't escape from writing women in cliche states. The whole run of Uncanny was depressing and if you are going to write about the characters dying then give us the backstory that leads to it so we can be a part of their stories and don't just make the whole thing about Logan and Scotts manpain. As for Emma giving out the cure, they could have been more clear about how long they tortured her for, I am going to guess that it was around 3 weeks of starvation in the hot room, and probably preventing her from committing suicide by having her collar shock her if she tried to kill herself. Also, Emma is smart enough to send an SOS out to Jean, Rachel, Elizabeth, and the Cuckoos to let them know that the O.N.E. has her and is torturing her. There was no way for the O.N.E. to know if she sent a call for help when she arranged the cure, and this would have caused Jean to track Emma's location with Cerebro.

The whole story was designed around the fact that none of the characters in AoXM could appear in Uncanny, so there was no way to write Emma calling for help because the characters couldn't be used.

At least Hickman is trying to repair the damage done by Rosenberg's Uncanny. I can tell from interviews that Rosenberg is just a tiny bit bitter that he isn't included in Dawn of X. Whereas Brisson is included in upcoming Dawn of X because for all of X-Forces flaws (omg the art was horrible) the story wasn't that bad and Brisson had a good grasp of the history between Nathan, Stryfe, and Rachel which a lot of writers wouldn't necessarily have.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Yeah, it definitely had potential and I think that in his mind Emma was doing the right thing and planning ahead, even if it only looked like that at times, while other times she looked helpless and/or bad. Plus the whole thing was very depressing. I mean, we've gone through dark times before that but the writing and the art made the comic reach new peaks in conveying depression.

I tried to reread IvX and damn is it terrible. Rosenberg at least had some good idea/premises and a couple nice moments, that one was pure fecal matter from the whole setup to the ending. The cloud premise was so stupid to begin with, plus the Cyclops is Hitler thing and Soule making the Inhumans and the Nuhuman look so skilled and powerful and rightful in their decisions, while mutants were all dumb in following Emma's scheme (and her scheme/strategy to defeat them was the only highlight here). Add to that freaking Medusa defeating both Emma and Psylocke and I decided to burn the tablet I was reading the comics on.

EDIT: about the time Emma spent under Callahan, that must have been quite a lot since she got kidnapped at around the same time as Astonishing X-Men, so I guess that she missed on all of the Extermination and Disassembled drama. Probably really a lot of time to endure under torture.
    Last edited by Veitha; 10-13-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah, it definitely had potential and I think that in his mind Emma was doing the right thing and planning ahead, even if it only looked like that at times, while other times she looked helpless and/or bad. Plus the whole thing was very depressing. I mean, we've gone through dark times before that but the writing and the art made the comic reach new peaks in conveying depression.

I tried to reread IvX and damn is it terrible. Rosenberg at least had some good idea/premises and a couple nice moments, that one was pure fecal matter from the whole setup to the ending. The cloud premise was so stupid to begin with, plus the Cyclops is Hitler thing and Soule making the Inhumans and the Nuhuman look so skilled and powerful and rightful in their decisions, while mutants were all dumb in following Emma's scheme (and her scheme/strategy to defeat them was the only highlight here). Add to that freaking Medusa defeating both Emma and Psylocke and I decided to burn the tablet I was reading the comics on.
    There are a few things in the last few years. For me I loved the Extinction Team, and I loved the Canada Uncanny X-Men Team. I preferred reading that over being back at the school. The only reason I read Wolverine and the X-Men at all was because I just wanted to follow Rachel's story. I was so hoping that she would switch teams and go to Scott's team.

Fans enjoyed following Emma and Scott's team because they seemed more realistic as people. But the editors wanted everyone to hate Emma and Scott so they kept ramping the stories up so that the two of them would be villains, probably villains for the Avengers or something. The problem is that people empathized with how Emma and Scott were written their fanbase was loud enough that Marvel had trouble getting people to accept the two of them becoming villains.

Finally when they did IvX, Scott and Emma came across as more sympathetic than the Inhumans and everyone thought it was unfair for Scott to be killed and that Emma was left looking like the villain at the end.

Emma's backstory impacts her these days and it's hard to transform someone who loves teaching kids into an all out villain because it lacks logic.

she's trying to compete with jean thighs

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3lGHxgl...=1qufliicuh6sn

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hickman did say that they had to free the thighs after all, it's an important part of Krakoan law that the thighs must be free!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    she's trying to compete with jean thighs

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3lGHxgl...=1qufliicuh6sn

How that picture doesn't have the world's most painful camel toe, the world may never know.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Hickman did say that they had to free the thighs after all, it's an important part of Krakoan law that the thighs must be free!
    To that end I want to see more male thighs.
    Bobby in Speedos is not enough. Sexxxy, but not enough.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

FB_IMG_1571249400687.jpg

By Carlos Pedro

Dark Phoenix Saga Variants

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Dark Phoenix Saga Variants

Ugh Dauterman kills me with these beautiful covers. Look at that Phoenix fire.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    How that picture doesn't have the world's most painful camel toe, the world may never know.
    Unstable molecules.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The top one is GORGEOUS!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

SPOTTED: Piotr's nipple, exposed and vulnerable. Is Miss Frost going to play nice or is that Ruskie in danger of getting Nurpled? Time will tell. XOXO Gossip Girl.