Page 204 of 301 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 4503

Duggan is one of the few whose recent work I've enjoyed. I trust he'll treat Emma well.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    people are reading too much into solicits
    When it's the only news we have, it is hard not to react to it. Especially since if the leaked solicit is correct, we're looking at multiple years of Emma being stupidly evil, since that would be Hickman's plan for her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    When it's the only news we have, it is hard not to react to it. Especially since if the leaked solicit is correct, we're looking at multiple years of Emma being stupidly evil, since that would be Hickman's plan for her.
    Because she's still with Hellfire? I think Hickman will write her well. He loves Gen X. The bad Emma writers all seem to love her villainous pre Gen X days, so its' good he's a fan of Gen X so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Because she's still with Hellfire? I think Hickman will write her well. He loves Gen X. The bad Emma writers all seem to love her villainous pre Gen X days, so its' good he's a fan of Gen X so much.
    I am starting to wonder if the whole war inside the Hellfire Club in the solicits is more about Emma secretly backing the Marauders against Shaw and whomever else is in the organization. I wonder if at some point Emma does have to join them because she ends up breaking with the Hellfire Club or the organization splits during the run.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am starting to wonder if the whole war inside the Hellfire Club in the solicits is more about Emma secretly backing the Marauders against Shaw and whomever else is in the organization. I wonder if at some point Emma does have to join them because she ends up breaking with the Hellfire Club or the organization splits during the run.
    I'm hoping it is something to that extent. I have a feeling it will be more in the middle, with Emma using the Marauders for most of the series, then betraying Shaw when he goes too far, similar to how she was in Blue.

Emma looking fierce as teh Black King

Astonishing Member

the writer will not spoil the book in the solicits.
    And Hickman has what seems to be Emma defending Krakoa with Exodus and Storm on a cover of one his issues.

I think with Duggan, perhaps not even Shaw will be a villain. This is how he used him Uncanny Avengers 3 years ago

We dont know what will happen, but there is no point in being so negative. This reminds me of that Far Cry game that caused an internet outrage because people thought the villain was going to be a gay man because of the videogame cover, and it ended up being just a well dressed straight man. There was also pointless internet outrage about his race, people wrongly thought he was white instead of asian.

Honestly, I think Duggan is even better than Hickman. His Deadpool run is a classic, he is consistently very good. I found Secret Wars very underwhelming. Hickman continuously created new concepts and new characters, making you think it was all a building block of a great masterplan, and that everything would fall in its place in the end, but there was no masterplan. Most of that stuff was fluff.

So Rosenberg was a Scemma fan.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    So Rosenberg was a Scemma fan.
    Imagine if he weren't, LOL. Either he's very, very incompetent or his whole arc with Emma had massive editorial interference- perhaps both.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Imagine if he weren't, LOL. Either he's very, very incompetent or his whole arc with Emma had massive editorial interference- perhaps both.
    That scene with Emma and Scott at the diner was good. I'll admit that. It was poignant

That scene with Emma and Scott at the diner was good. I'll admit that. It was poignant
    Yeah, but then he crapped all over that. Like I said, it's possible there was massive editorial interference.

Yeah, but then he crapped all over that. Like I said, it's possible there was massive editorial interference.
    Some of them scenes were unnecessary. I would find it hard to believe that editorial interferes to such minute detail

Some of them scenes were unnecessary. I would find it hard to believe that editorial interferes to such minute detail
    I don't know; like I said, it's very strange he says he likes them as a couple, them craps all over them and everyone that liked them in the 21st century.

The writers have said that there were very few editorial mandates during that period and JDW even said he's not as involved creatively as people seem to assume. I believe everything we got in UXM was bc Rosenberg wanted to do that. What he did with Scott and Emma is consistent with what he's expressed about the characters

I don't know; like I said, it's very strange he says he likes them as a couple, them craps all over them and everyone that liked them in the 21st century.
    He's a fan of Scott and Jean. You read Resurrection? It wasnt kind to Emma/Scott fans there either as he crapped on the couple and his agenda was to push Jean/Scott so Im not surprised with UXM

BANNED

Rosenberg spent literally the entire run of Uncanny taking a crap all over Scott and Emma (and Havok, and Magik, and Hope...). And it had nothing to do with their relationship. He made Scott a whiny ineffective loser and Emma an incompetent stupid coward.
    Rosenberg´s run was an utter waste. All deaths immediately undone. Any other depiction of Emma would have long killed the stupid general off. In fact she never would have let herself be captured in the first place.