Page 92 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4503
    Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Well, let's look at the facts we have available and then check if that hypothesis holds:

Currently Emma is #2 on his top-5 list and Monet is at #4.

Hickman had this to say about Monet and Generation X: "I’m super partial to that Generation X line. She was my favorite from that crowd (it’s also probably where my Emma Frost appreciation started), but I love that whole group."

So going by Generation X alone it seems Monet should be above Emma on the list. Logically then, it follows that some later run must have pushed Emma further upwards, which casts some serious doubt on your claim.

I haven’t read Generation X in a while, wasn’t there some romantic tension between Emma and Banshee? Maybe that would return (though they’ll need to fully revive Banshee first, he’s kinda more dead than alive....)

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    I haven’t read Generation X in a while, wasn’t there some romantic tension between Emma and Banshee? Maybe that would return (though they’ll need to fully revive Banshee first, he’s kinda more dead than alive....)
    Not really. That was more on fans. Banshee was firmly with Moira during that era even if he did look good with Emma. Lobdell nor the later writers really played up the possibility that they could be a couple. There were no near kisses or tender moments. They were pretty platonic

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. That was more on fans. Banshee was firmly with Moira during that era even if he did look good with Emma. Lobdell nor the later writers really played up the possibility that they could be a couple. There were no near kisses or tender moments. They were pretty platonic
    So maybe Emma would be/ should be platonic with Scott, maybe even Alex (unless there are Alex/ Emma shippers......Alex has that tendency to sometimes be his brothers exes rebound.......at least Madelyn......Jean was Dead (when Scott and Emma started) and Alex was inverted when Emma went heel......or at least morally ambiguous .......or do people hope Alex and Lorna get another shot?)

Incredible Member

Yes, it had more to do with Emma enjoying keepin people off-balance by overplaying her seductive nature. I think they've grown to respect each other.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

So maybe Emma would be/ should be platonic with Scott, maybe even Alex (unless there are Alex/ Emma shippers......Alex has that tendency to sometimes be his brothers exes rebound.......at least Madelyn......Jean was Dead (when Scott and Emma started) and Alex was inverted when Emma went heel......or at least morally ambiguous .......or do people hope Alex and Lorna get another shot?)
    Alex and Emma is literally the worst couple I've ever seen suggested on these boards, congratulations. There's no worse trait on Havok than the whining/inferiority complex about Scott, and date a woman that sees Scott as the love of her life and pretty much started a war to avenge him would make sure that's dialed up to 11 and played out every issue.

Emma choosing Alex to help her in X-Men Blue because Scott was not available followed the sad tradition of Maddie and Captain America that Havok is just the spare Cyclops.

Emma with Havok would be sad for both characters.

Anyway, someone posted in the Cyclops thread an interview with Rosenberg (https://youtu.be/uKJeggWw_oE) and, among other things, he says Scott (who needs a redemption now, for some reason) is the only person Emma really cares about, which tells me clearly he just doesn't get the character. Don't expect anything good of the next few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Anyway, someone posted in the Cyclops thread an interview with Rosenberg (https://youtu.be/uKJeggWw_oE) and, among other things, he says Scott (who needs a redemption now, for some reason) is the only person Emma really cares about, which tells me clearly he just doesn't get the character. Don't expect anything good of the next few issues.
    he's definitely the person she cares the most about but only? Yeah, that dont sound right

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

he's definitely the person she cares the most about but only? Yeah, that dont sound right
    I remember him saying that there's people she cares for, people she'll just use, then Scott, who is her love. But I don't remember him saying Emma only cared about Scott. Though he did seem to put Scott in a different league from the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I remember him saying that there's people she cares for, people she'll just use, then Scott, who is her love. But I don't remember him saying Emma only cared about Scott. Though he did seem to put Scott in a different league from the others.
    Well, I didn't saw the full interview, just the transcription. That would make sense.

Yeah folks are mincing his words. He is simply stating that Cyclops has a unique relationship with Emma. She loves him. She romantically loves(loved) him, so he means something different to her than other relationships. He didn’t say she Disney care about the Generation CX kids or anyone else for that matter. He simply singled out Scott because: significant.

Would Emma being revealed a trans woman change the framing of her past? Her as an ally to Iceman. Her being blamed by a cis woman for the demise of a marriage. Or even that cosmetic scene in Morrison's X-Men where it's brought up in the context where the Phoenix is trying to hurt Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Would Emma being revealed a trans woman change the framing of her past? Her as an ally to Iceman. Her being blamed by a cis woman for the demise of a marriage. Or even that cosmetic scene in Morrison's X-Men where it's brought up in the context where the Phoenix is trying to hurt Emma.
    Her eggs were harvested to create the Cuckoos. It would be an interesting retcon but there is a problem.

I suppose if they wanted to, they could always make a retcon to that and create them using another source of Emma's DNA.
    Last edited by Glio; 05-21-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Her eggs were harvested to create the Cuckoos. It would be an interesting retcon but there is a problem.

I suppose if they wanted to, they could always make a retcon to that and create them using another source of Emma's DNA.
    Another possibly annoying retcon.....she was a side project of Sinister......created to possibly attempt to find alternative Omega Level Mutants in case his pet project failed.......or keeping the Sublime thread, she was a Sinister creation that was stolen, perhaps by the Frosts........or the Emma from the last 15+ Years was a clone of the one from Dark Phoenix Saga/ Upstarts Attack/ Generation X.........yeah, we bring clones back into the mix.......

Another possibly annoying retcon.....she was a side project of Sinister......created to possibly attempt to find alternative Omega Level Mutants in case his pet project failed.......or keeping the Sublime thread, she was a Sinister creation that was stolen, perhaps by the Frosts........or the Emma from the last 15+ Years was a clone of the one from Dark Phoenix Saga/ Upstarts Attack/ Generation X.........yeah, we bring clones back into the mix.......
    I think that would undermine making her trans as it would imply she's not natural