Page 93 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4503

Anyway, although interesting, would not it be very stereotyped that Emma was trans?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Anyway, although interesting, would not it be very stereotyped that Emma was trans?
    I don't think the problem is the steriotypical of it but rather that Marvel would handle it very poorly.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Would Emma being revealed a trans woman change the framing of her past? Her as an ally to Iceman. Her being blamed by a cis woman for the demise of a marriage. Or even that cosmetic scene in Morrison's X-Men where it's brought up in the context where the Phoenix is trying to hurt Emma.
    I don’t think it would change one bit, why should it?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I don't think the problem is the steriotypical of it but rather that Marvel would handle it very poorly.
    I do not know, I find it problematic that so many LGTB mutants are anti-heroes or villains. Daken, Mystique, Psylocke ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    I don’t think it would change one bit, why should it?
    Well the attack on Emma in Morrison's run would appear transphobi especially with the use of the cosmetic surgery line.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

There's also the fact that, not only she had children in quite a few alternate timelines (besides the Cuckoos), Emma comes from a traditional and famous family, so people would know she was born male. If you want to retcon someone into being trans (which I don't think it's a good idea in itself), it would be easier with a main character without a well-known origin and background.

BANNED

Does anyone know where this cheesy as hell page is from?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Does anyone know where this cheesy as hell page is from?

Christopher yost I think it's from manifest Destiny series

BANNED

Christopher yost I think it's from manifest Destiny series
    Oh that explains it. He also had her hysterically crying in Necrosha while Cyclops had to drag around.

Oh that explains it. He also had her hysterically crying in Necrosha while Cyclops had to drag around.
    He needed Craig Kyle to balance him out. Emma cried in every solo Yost story he included her in.

He needed Craig Kyle to balance him out. Emma cried in every solo Yost story he included her in.
    Kinda glad I missed the Necrosha event.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Kinda glad I missed the Necrosha event.
    That’s unfortunate. It was a pretty awesome crossover with great art

You mean dragging her around in the literal sense, right? I think I recall Cyclops actually pulling Emma along by the hair.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah folks are mincing his words. He is simply stating that Cyclops has a unique relationship with Emma. She loves him. She romantically loves(loved) him, so he means something different to her than other relationships. He didn’t say she Disney care about the Generation CX kids or anyone else for that matter. He simply singled out Scott because: significant.
    While there was also the fact, and elephant in the room for Emma, Scott still had a place in his heart for Jean......a fact that Emma probably had to accept early on (like lamenting that she rates lower than Jean, who was dead at the time, while Scott and Logan fought briefly......)......this knowledge/ foresight helped the team find the Phoenix Dome where a fully resurrected Jean was, due to Scott’ memory of, well, a very private moment with Jean (actually the Phoenix Force, but since Jean gained her missing memories from the Phoenix and Madelyn, it counts) a few years after that fight.....

Really surprised none of the writers during the height of Scott and Emma tried to marry the two, or maybe they knew the backlash the fans would have (“now Scott is marrying the hated Emma, how dare they”).........however, after AvX Scott and Emma where done as a couple.....Emma seems to be sliding into villainy again, or at least until July......

What would Hickman’s Run mean for Emma.....not sure......she may be a more independent member, spending more time doing her own thing like Wolverine......i do think it’s over with Scott......would Emma fall for someone else? Would Emma get over Scott and eventually find someone else? Would Emma and her rival Jean come to a understanding? Would Emma form a relationship with someone else in the team, hopefully someone who would make senses)

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    While there was also the fact, and elephant in the room for Emma, Scott still had a place in his heart for Jean......a fact that Emma probably had to accept early on (like lamenting that she rates lower than Jean, who was dead at the time, while Scott and Logan fought briefly......)......this knowledge/ foresight helped the team find the Phoenix Dome where a fully resurrected Jean was, due to Scott’ memory of, well, a very private moment with Jean (actually the Phoenix Force, but since Jean gained her missing memories from the Phoenix and Madelyn, it counts) a few years after that fight.....

Really surprised none of the writers during the height of Scott and Emma tried to marry the two, or maybe they knew the backlash the fans would have (“now Scott is marrying the hated Emma, how dare they”).........however, after AvX Scott and Emma where done as a couple.....Emma seems to be sliding into villainy again, or at least until July......

What would Hickman’s Run mean for Emma.....not sure......she may be a more independent member, spending more time doing her own thing like Wolverine......i do think it’s over with Scott......would Emma fall for someone else? Would Emma get over Scott and eventually find someone else? Would Emma and her rival Jean come to a understanding? Would Emma form a relationship with someone else in the team, hopefully someone who would make senses)
    Mike Carey mentioned that marriage might be the next step. But marvel in general feel marriage hinders relationship. And Emma and Scott aren't those people they're swingers at heart.