Page 19 of 301 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sina does predate JDW. JDW's material didnt start to get released until Oct/Nov of last year. Iceman v2 was during ResurrXion which was before JDW took over
    Yeah, I think this references a comment Sina made at a convention when the X-editor was still Paniccia and the Editor in Chief was Alonzo. I don't who would be in charge of making those decisions, but it doesn't feel like much has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah, I think this references a comment Sina made at a convention when the X-editor was still Paniccia and the Editor in Chief was Alonzo. I don't who would be in charge of making those decisions, but it doesn't feel like much has changed.
    It's really too soon to say at this point considering that the editors-ship and most creatives in the X-office has just come aboard.

And that the whole Age of X-Man *might* just be a quick placeholder since more important/bigger stuff got delayed. Well, according to rumors at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Okay, so all this predates JDW as group editor then. Wood's X-Men was 2013 wasn't it? Wasn't Emma still reeling from AvX consequences fallout at that point. I can understand why she might not fit on an X-Team haven't just been busted out of jail and on the run, with busted powers.
    They never fully explained/developed the "broken powers" thing because within like 5 issues she was ok and apparently got a lot better to be able to project a fake image of Cyclops to the world that shows up in print lol.

If she had never been "busted out of jail" I'm sure she'd be able to hire a team of lawyers to set her free and wipe everything clean...that's the sort of thing the Hellfire Club does.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    They never fully explained/developed the "broken powers" thing because within like 5 issues she was ok and apparently got a lot better to be able to project a fake image of Cyclops to the world that shows up in print lol.

If she had never been "busted out of jail" I'm sure she'd be able to hire a team of lawyers to set her free and wipe everything clean...that's the sort of thing the Hellfire Club does.
    I´m still surprised she didn´t sue Stark for causing the P5 mess. I am sure her lawyers would built an interesting case...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I´d personally rather Emma in the MU than in nowadays X Men. The current rerun of the 90´s is boring boring boring and it is hurting the titlles. Sales are not very good. The are putting aside interesting complex characters like Emma in favour of boring good vs evil simplistic plots. Very childish, very 90´s. The X Men are currently adding nothing new in a world where the metaphore of discrimination still has a meaning.

BANNED

Editors are doing the stories they want and arguing with writers about the stories they want to do...what we end up getting is a mish-mash of both ideas with very poor execution.

What I really miss is more character evolución. The lack of Emma makes X men comics even more boring to read and the character is calling into stagnation.

???

Her powers were broken from Uncanny 1 to 35. The entire Bendis run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    ???
    Her powers were broken from Uncanny 1 to 35. The entire Bendis run.
    She mentioned she was working with the Cuckoos and the end of Benid's run was event after event after event. ugh.

She mentioned she was working with the Cuckoos and the end of Benid's run was event after event after event. ugh.
    Yeah, the Cuckoos were boosting her to somewhat normal levels during Bendis run. They were still broken during Battle of the Atom, Last Will, and up until the very end of Dark Beast arc.

I thought I read somewhere that Scott, Erik, Emma, and Illyana were all infected with nanites by someone (Bastion??) that reduced their control of their powers. I think it was explained in Magik's story when she realized why her powers were massively increased.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that Scott, Erik, Emma, and Illyana were all infected with nanites by someone (Bastion??) that reduced their control of their powers. I think it was explained in Magik's story when she realized why her powers were massively increased.
    Dark Beast infected them with nanites to cause their powers to not work most of the time, and go overload when in a public area to try and scare the Avengers and SHIELD into killing Scott and his team. The exception was Emma, whose powers were damaged when Scott nearly murdered her during AvX, and slowly recovered over the course of the Bendis run, recovering fully by the end.

Emma was right

It’s so stupid that after AVX Emma and Namor never interacted. He did his part, became the reason why Emma and Scott broke up, and then the writers decided to throw him out of the x-books. Despite the fact that he liked Emma, she never crossed his mind again. Incredible consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    It’s so stupid that after AVX Emma and Namor never interacted. He did his part, became the reason why Emma and Scott broke up, and then the writers decided to throw him out of the x-books. Despite the fact that he liked Emma, she never crossed his mind again. Incredible consistency.
    The fact that Namor committed objectively the worst crime of the entire AvX event in destroying most of Wakanda and yet was forgiven almost immediately afterwards says everything about that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The fact that Namor committed objectively the worst crime of the entire AvX event in destroying most of Wakanda and yet was forgiven almost immediately afterwards says everything about that mess.
    How was he forgiven? I didnt follow him after AvX and know nothing of his history until he popped up in Red. Didnt they kill him off or did I get that wrong?