Page 273 of 301 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 4503
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

"Early Installment Weirdness"? The latest in-panel depiction becomes the new primary over what came before?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That's how she was written in her original solo with her family. That's how she was wrote in Gen X. That's how she was wrote for most of Morrison and Whedon. So I don't know which Emma you're reading.
    I actually agree, Emma acts standoffish and prickly to keep people at arms length because she genuinely has trouble trusting people.

I noticed something with Emma and Kate talking, Emma was actually being pretty easy going with Kate, even her teasing was actually quite gentle like she was just pointing out that she could help Kate pick out better clothes in her new job as "Red Queen". I loved that Emma was the first person to know that Kitty wanted people to call her Kate now. I also noted that Emma always called her Kate and was showing she respected her decision to get rid of the childish name.

I have noticed this before with Emma and Kate, she tends to be more open with Kate then with other people, I think Kate is one of the few people Emma actually trusts.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    "Early Installment Weirdness"? The latest in-panel depiction becomes the new primary over what came before?
    She didn't have a personality when she debuted. She was as shallow as bad guys come.

Emma looked good on the book lol made kitty tell ppl to stop calling her kitty.

Default F

A fair and objective take of Death of X from CBR.

https://www.cbr.com/death-of-x-4-cyclops-martyr/

Don’t see those very often, maybe the tides really have turned.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Really? I can't help but think that Marvel is just catching up...

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Well that's...interesting. Not sure this really means much unfortunately, but it is something at the very least.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 11-01-2019 at 12:35 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I noticed something with Emma and Kate talking, Emma was actually being pretty easy going with Kate, even her teasing was actually quite gentle like she was just pointing out that she could help Kate pick out better clothes in her new job as "Red Queen". I loved that Emma was the first person to know that Kitty wanted people to call her Kate now. I also noted that Emma always called her Kate and was showing she respected her decision to get rid of the childish name.

I have noticed this before with Emma and Kate, she tends to be more open with Kate then with other people, I think Kate is one of the few people Emma actually trusts.
    I don't think Emma called her 'Kate' because she somehow knew first that's what she wanted, she just tends to be more formal in general. I wouldn't say Emma is more open with Kitty, either.. but YMMV. They aren't exactly friends, they just share a mutual respect for one another that's been established over the years. Emma trusts Kitty to be more altruistic while Emma is more pragmatic, and overall Emma likes that even if she can't be that way herself.

Not bad in that it deviates from the Cyclops-bashing that always seems to pop up. But I think Death of X was a messy product from a chaotic time. Remember, this came before the Disney/Fox merger. It also came at a time when Marvel were still marginalizing the X-Men to make room for the Inhumans. Extraordinary X-Men was the worst manifestation of this, but Death of X began the thaw. It also began the process of twisting Emma Frost into one too many directions. She was never completely "evil," but she was definitely twisted by Cyclops' death and it was not good for her character. I think she's in a much better place now.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I don't remember many people being convinced by marvel that Cyclops had done anything bad. I feel like AvX and DoX/IvX were similar, except for AvX they tried to back peddled a bit by having Cyke in an X-book while they just dropped Emma after IvX.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I don't remember many people being convinced by marvel that Cyclops had done anything bad. I feel like AvX and DoX/IvX were similar, except for AvX they tried to back peddled a bit by having Cyke in an X-book while they just dropped Emma after IvX.
    Some people in editorial wanted Emma to be a villain again. The problem they keep running into is how to balance all the years of development for her character that makes her come across sympathetic. You can't just go back to the 1970's and try to make a character behave exactly like they did back then. This is the same problem with Magneto, we just know too much about him as a character and trying to make him like he was in the 1970's doesn't work because now we sympathize with him, and in some cases we think he's right! I certainly thought he was right in X-Men Black: Magneto, going back to terrorism because the US government had all those secret detention centres for mutants they weren't telling anyone about.

They tried to make Emma a villain, but the past interactions with characters made that hard to do. Even the logic of it, like teen Jean being able to talk Emma down because Emma actually cares about the O5 team and doesn't want to hurt them. Plus some writers felt she should still be a hero, so they would portray her that way like in Infinity War and in Jessica Jones. So there were inconsistencies in Emma's portrayal across the entire line.

Then you have Scott, the human perpetuated genocide just keeps getting worse and worse, so it just makes Scott look more right because he is proven right by the humans.

The problem with portraying 3 people fighting against a genocide is that they are proven right when that genocide keeps getting worse. The only way to prove Scott, Emma, and Magneto wrong is to have human and mutant relations improve without any of them having to take action, but that never happens.

IMG_20191102_142813.jpg
    This is my Emma and Jean commission I got yesterday!
    Art by Luca Strati (Lucca Comics)
    Friendly reminder that Nathan Summers and Rachel Grey Summers care about each other

Kitty: "We need to buy ourselves a little time to figure this out. We need alibis."
    Rachel: "Leading a rebellion in outer space? Being held prisoner by the hand in Madripoor? Judging a Wolverine cosplay contest in Japan?"

Quote Originally Posted by martybarnes View Post
    IMG_20191102_142813.jpg
    This is my Emma and Jean commission I got yesterday!
    Art by Luca Strati (Lucca Comics)
    I like that drawing, it looks fantastic and both Jean and Emma look great in it!

Water Emma Frost at 1:40? Weird.

Water Emma Frost at 1:40? Weird.

Lool thats cute, sounds like she named her plants after Emma
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer