Page 196 of 223 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3341
  1. #2926
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The X-men have allied with Mystique at various points over the last 15 years and its never made any sense each time
    It comes with being a Villain Sue. She gets more pass than any other villain, but gets credited as an Anti-Hero. I think Emma has gotten more crap & hate than Mystique ever has. Mystique's also never gotten cucked like they did with Emma in Uncanny.

    The preferential treatment and other characters being made into morons just so she can do whatever she wants is almost up there with Logan. lol BUT at least Logan has the excuse of being an anti-hero and main X-Man, so it's expected. Mystique is another matter entirely She's a villain of the same caliber of Daken, Creed, and Sinister in terms of morality, yet gets passes and rarely received any kind of comeuppance. She always leaves unscathed with the last laugh & everyone around her looking like an incompetent joke -only exception has been Magneto & Logan.

    I am heavily salty about Creed's ties & further destruction to her, and Hickman s not helping. Marking him another of Creed's bad writers who hasn't researched passed Austen.

    Anyway, maybe Emma isn't allied with them. She's on the cover, but may be acting separately. Or only has shallow interactions with them at best. Covers are not always truthful. Though in the case of HOX 3 & 4, I hope they are. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-08-2019 at 08:28 PM.

  2. #2927
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,363

    Default

    At this point, Emma’s been presented with a vision that will guarantee safety for mutantkind (and her former students). She would put that above refusing to work with Mystique and Sabretooth. I’m sure she still distrusts them.

  3. #2928
    Incredible Member Jumpyshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    At this point, Emma’s been presented with a vision that will guarantee safety for mutantkind (and her former students). She would put that above refusing to work with Mystique and Sabretooth. I’m sure she still distrusts them.
    This. Also, (boosted?) Xavier, (Omega Telepath) Jean, Emma and the Cuckoos are just the telepaths we've seen, so anyone trying anything sneaky is really up against it, especially with Sage and Cypher handling tech. The only wildcard element I can think of (beyond Plot) is magic, which could be handled by Illyana and others.

  4. #2929
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    This. Also, (boosted?) Xavier, (Omega Telepath) Jean, Emma and the Cuckoos are just the telepaths we've seen, so anyone trying anything sneaky is really up against it, especially with Sage and Cypher handling tech. The only wildcard element I can think of (beyond Plot) is magic, which could be handled by Illyana and others.
    All these telepaths working together must be scary for the human community. Emma bypassed Callahan defenses with ease and they were supposed to be top notch. All of them together could pull a X2 and kill every human.

    Regarding magic I think that the Avengers/humans have the upper hand since Strange is Supreme Sorcerer now. Plus they have Wanda and Voodoo if things went very bad and they started a war. That's mainly against Illyana alone.

  5. #2930
    Incredible Member Jumpyshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    All these telepaths working together must be scary for the human community. Emma bypassed Callahan defenses with ease and they were supposed to be top notch. All of them together could pull a X2 and kill every human.

    Regarding magic I think that the Avengers/humans have the upper hand since Strange is Supreme Sorcerer now. Plus they have Wanda and Voodoo if things went very bad and they started a war. That's mainly against Illyana alone.
    True, I can only think of Dani (kinda, as a Valkyrie) and Pixie (+ her mother) as magic users in the X-Men, but I wonder if the Szardos and MI:13 people could be involved, and if Krakoa has any links to Limbo.

    Telepathy vs magic isn't actually something I can think of coming up off the top of my head - Emma versus a magic user could be really interesting! I enjoyed Felicia Hardy vs magic in Black Cat #3 this week a lot, with her probability field manipulation - which reminds me that Domino is another interesting case. (I have read her A+X story with Wanda, which is really cool.)

  6. #2931

    Default

    Are we ready for Emma's first appearance in the Hickman era this week guys and gals



    I wonder if her stance on Krakoa isn't necessarily as enthusiastic as everyone we've seen so far. Or maybe she's just more invested from a busine$$ standpoint.

  7. #2932
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Are we ready for Emma's first appearance in the Hickman era this week guys and gals



    I wonder if her stance on Krakoa isn't necessarily as enthusiastic as everyone we've seen so far. Or maybe she's just more invested from a busine$$ standpoint.
    It'd be cool if she was handling business stuff. Xavier is moving a lot of money around as per HoX #1, so it would be nice to see her and the Hellfire Club involved.

  8. #2933
    Mighty Member Diammandis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Tian
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Are we ready for Emma's first appearance in the Hickman era this week guys and gals



    I wonder if her stance on Krakoa isn't necessarily as enthusiastic as everyone we've seen so far. Or maybe she's just more invested from a busine$$ standpoint.
    Its going to be interesting to see how hickman addresses/ handles her being in charge of the HFC and how he uses that in the context of the story. But, needless to say im actually quite excited to see how hickman writes Emma and to see the many outfits that shes going to be wearing throughout this run
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

  9. #2934
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,428

    Default

    Emma had Bobby PRESSED!







    They did have alot of sexual tension which is ironic given more recent revelations

  10. #2935
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma had Bobby PRESSED!







    They did have alot of sexual tension which is ironic given more recent revelations
    Emma really did like to fuck with Bobby's head. But all of it was her skill as an instructor, forcing him to come to grips with his own strength on his own terms, and using her abilities to force him towards that conclusion. As stated before, she is a GOOD teacher, not necessarily a KIND one.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  11. #2936
    Incredible Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    726

    Default

    It never did make sense to me that the X-Men left Raven alive after what she did to Moira. Or when she betrayed them again in Carey's adjectiveless. She was and is a great villain and I'm glad to have her, but in-story she lost all sense of proportion after Destiny's death and should have been put down many, many times.

    That said, with what we know now it makes more sense. Maybe Mystique was in on it with Moira, maybe not. But both Emma and Raven are pragmatists above all. They can make it work.

    As a kid/teen in the '90s I always sort of implicitly took the strange Emma/Bobby subplot as a stealth gay thing - they kept playing up that they were linked, that she was a kind of feminine side, knew all his secrets, etc. It seemed weirdly psychosexual, and Emma was/is at times also kind of a figure of camp, the bitch goddess, etc. I couldn't have articulated that at the time but it felt then like the X-office trying to clumsily explore a gay angle without being able to outright state it.

  12. #2937
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It never did make sense to me that the X-Men left Raven alive after what she did to Moira. Or when she betrayed them again in Carey's adjectiveless. She was and is a great villain and I'm glad to have her, but in-story she lost all sense of proportion after Destiny's death and should have been put down many, many times.

    That said, with what we know now it makes more sense. Maybe Mystique was in on it with Moira, maybe not. But both Emma and Raven are pragmatists above all. They can make it work.

    As a kid/teen in the '90s I always sort of implicitly took the strange Emma/Bobby subplot as a stealth gay thing - they kept playing up that they were linked, that she was a kind of feminine side, knew all his secrets, etc. It seemed weirdly psychosexual, and Emma was/is at times also kind of a figure of camp, the bitch goddess, etc. I couldn't have articulated that at the time but it felt then like the X-office trying to clumsily explore a gay angle without being able to outright state it.
    Wolverine went to kill her after her betrayal in Carey’s run and left her for dead and did kill her after she helped send him to hell.

  13. #2938
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Are we ready for Emma's first appearance in the Hickman era this week guys and gals



    I wonder if her stance on Krakoa isn't necessarily as enthusiastic as everyone we've seen so far. Or maybe she's just more invested from a busine$$ standpoint.
    Are we certain??
    Tell me, tell me true!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Wolverine went to kill her after her betrayal in Carey’s run and left her for dead and did kill her after she helped send him to hell.
    That hairy piece of shit tries to kill everyone. I hate him.

  14. #2939
    Incredible Member Jumpyshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma had Bobby PRESSED!

    They did have alot of sexual tension which is ironic given more recent revelations
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma really did like to fuck with Bobby's head. But all of it was her skill as an instructor, forcing him to come to grips with his own strength on his own terms, and using her abilities to force him towards that conclusion. As stated before, she is a GOOD teacher, not necessarily a KIND one.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    As a kid/teen in the '90s I always sort of implicitly took the strange Emma/Bobby subplot as a stealth gay thing - they kept playing up that they were linked, that she was a kind of feminine side, knew all his secrets, etc. It seemed weirdly psychosexual, and Emma was/is at times also kind of a figure of camp, the bitch goddess, etc. I couldn't have articulated that at the time but it felt then like the X-office trying to clumsily explore a gay angle without being able to outright state it.
    Yeah, I don't read it as sexual tension, but her teaching Bobby in her way, as well as the clumsy/hesitant "Bobby is gay" stuff in the 90s. Emma uses an interior decorating barb as a way to wind Bobby up directly before the scene posted, and Jean has the shopping discussion with him in the 90s too, where she seems to know something he won't say.

  15. #2940
    Mighty Member Diammandis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Tian
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    apparently Emma is going to be in Marvel Super War, and this is going to be her character model
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •