Page 125 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2598
  1. #1861
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    She could certainly make some power moves and refocus the hellfire club to be a another option for mutants outside of the x-men, but this has been my biggest concern. With the X-offices track record with her its bound to happen.
    Exactly. Some people have learned nothing from the last few years.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I don't see why Emma couldn't keep the Hellfire Club and rebrand it as a branch of the X-men. She could do her own thing and avoid being eventually vilified.
    This could work, like AIM did with the Avengers, although I struggle to see the point since, unlike AIM, HFC doesn't do anything but throw S&M parties and plot to take over the world; any good they can do can be accomplished without them. But like I said, without Emma in the X-men, she'll get either sidelined- which happened after Secret Wars- or slide into villainy- which was the path that Marvel seemed happy to let her take in IvX and Secret Empire (with the trying to turn Tyke into Cyclops thing).

    Also, often keeping the characters out of the X-men proper has consequences- see Colossus, Kitty and Nightcrawler being left out of TAS in favor of newcomers like Jubilee and Gambit. Emma wouldn't have appeared in WatXM cartoon if she wasn't a mainstay in the comics at that point either.

  2. #1862
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I honestly don't care if Emma is on the HFC or with the X-Men. As long as she is written in character, and not the stupid evil villain we've gotten in the mainline X-books, then I'm happy. It isn't much to ask.
    Here here.

  3. #1863

    Default

    Most of the preview art from X-Men Monday #12 showed up in Uncanny X-Men #19. But there's still two panels to be accounted for.


    The first must be from issue #20 following the cliffhanger in the last issue.





    The second is probably also from the same issue. Does not tell me much except that it's outdoors and she's telepathing though. The background could possibly reveal something.


  4. #1864
    EMMA WAS RIGHT! darkalamator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,953

    Default

    Is UXM20 the last issue of UXM?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

  5. #1865
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Is UXM20 the last issue of UXM?
    Finale is #22.
    Omega Level Rodent Fighter

  6. #1866
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,218

    Default

    So, in a Twitter poll, JDW went on a troll spree, asking who is more heroic, Captain America or Emma Frost.

    The margin is currently 51/49 in favor of Cap, with comments stating they voted for Emma because of how the stupid the question is.

    Jordan... THAT IS NOT A REASONABLE COMPARISON.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  7. #1867
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So, in a Twitter poll, JDW went on a troll spree, asking who is more heroic, Captain America or Emma Frost.

    The margin is currently 51/49 in favor of Cap, with comments stating they voted for Emma because of how the stupid the question is.

    Jordan... THAT IS NOT A REASONABLE COMPARISON.
    Bleh, I wish I had an active twitter account so I could vote for Emma. Plus Emma is more heroic than Captain America, he stands idly by with his hands in his pockets while a genocide is being perpetuated in the USA. Worst Hero Ever!

    Whereas, Emma strives to save her people from genocide and extinction.

  8. #1868
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    5,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So, in a Twitter poll, JDW went on a troll spree, asking who is more heroic, Captain America or Emma Frost.

    The margin is currently 51/49 in favor of Cap, with comments stating they voted for Emma because of how the stupid the question is.

    Jordan... THAT IS NOT A REASONABLE COMPARISON.
    Well, at least she has the fans support. That is way more important.
    Ranking of favorite characters
    Phoenix/Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm

    These characters are not real and nobody loves each other for real. They will dump and love people even if it makes no sense just to for the sake of it.
    My ships: Jean/Scott, Wanda/Vision, Scott/Logan, Rogue/Gambit, Storm/Black Panther.

  9. #1869
    Mighty Member nightw1ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Bleh, I wish I had an active twitter account so I could vote for Emma. Plus Emma is more heroic than Captain America, he stands idly by with his hands in his pockets while a genocide is being perpetuated in the USA. Worst Hero Ever!

    Whereas, Emma strives to save her people from genocide and extinction.
    Tbh, I always found X-fans' expectations of Cap and the angers towards him (and the Avengers) to be unrealistic. He is constantly fighting on a much more macro scale, whether it's national, global, or universal threats. I think it gets to be ridiculous to say "where was he when mutants were dying?" when he's already fighting other battles, some of which are actually to keep all of humanity alive. People expect Cap to be perfect and to be everywhere, but he's literally only human. And from a story perspective, we will never see the Avengers fighting the X-Men's battles, because that would take away the X-Men's core premise as discriminated outsiders. Why hate on characters that will always be prevented from doing what you want of them? The X-Men will never quite fit in with the rest of the Marvel Universe unless you suspend some disbelief.

  10. #1870
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Tbh, I always found X-fans' expectations of Cap and the angers towards him (and the Avengers) to be unrealistic. He is constantly fighting on a much more macro scale, whether it's national, global, or universal threats. I think it gets to be ridiculous to say "where was he when mutants were dying?" when he's already fighting other battles, some of which are actually to keep all of humanity alive. People expect Cap to be perfect and to be everywhere, but he's literally only human. And from a story perspective, we will never see the Avengers fighting the X-Men's battles, because that would take away the X-Men's core premise as discriminated outsiders. Why hate on characters that will always be prevented from doing what you want of them? The X-Men will never quite fit in with the rest of the Marvel Universe unless you suspend some disbelief.
    I know, the writers tend to keep the Avengers in a bubble, and the X-Men in a different bubble with very little crossover between them. It does look terrible from an outside perspective, if you fight against oppression and genocide why would you ignore the plight of mutants. At least they tried to resolve this silly question once with Uncanny Avengers, it's too bad they didn't bring it back again. I guess who knows, maybe Rogue will reform the team this fall with a new roster/mix of X-Men and Avengers.

  11. #1871
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Do the Cuckoos look aged up to you in that cover of a hickman issue? the one with all the floating faces
    perhaps if these are relatives-merges they merged them with Emma. It would be similar to dragon ball merges

  12. #1872
    Mighty Member Diammandis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Tian
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Do the Cuckoos look aged up to you in that cover of a hickman issue? the one with all the floating faces
    perhaps if these are relatives-merges they merged them with Emma. It would be similar to dragon ball merges
    The cover that they are featured is supposed to be representative of the “future of the xmen” i think so those are older future versions of the cuckoos
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

  13. #1873
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5,947

    Default

    Mama Frost: wHeRe WeRe YoU wHeN oUr BaBiEs wErE bUrNiNG?!

    Papa Stark:

    Me in the corner: pwease stop! i wuv u both!
    Omega Level Rodent Fighter

  14. #1874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So, in a Twitter poll, JDW went on a troll spree, asking who is more heroic, Captain America or Emma Frost.

    The margin is currently 51/49 in favor of Cap, with comments stating they voted for Emma because of how the stupid the question is.

    Jordan... THAT IS NOT A REASONABLE COMPARISON.
    It's just a little bit of fun on twitter, no need to look for any nefarious purposes.

    And really, nothing wrong with the comparison, Emma can be heroic in her own way and Cap in his. In the end it's mostly down to popularity anyways, which JDW surely knows, he's not idiot. And in that case Emma has a home field advantage in Cap being an outside "enemy" for many X-Men voters. If she was up against Storm or Jean I bet the results would look quite different. Seems to be dead even here right now.

  15. #1875
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    The cover that they are featured is supposed to be representative of the “future of the xmen” i think so those are older future versions of the cuckoos
    Which means that interior page everyone thought was Magento with Emma because it looked like what the Cuckoos have been wearing but was too old means it just the cuckoos. Lot of big characters appearing in the future book but Emma is still MIA. Not looking good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •