Page 128 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2664
  1. #1906
    Mighty Member Diammandis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Tian
    Posts
    1,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I find that kind of upsetting actually. Part of the reason Emma took the HFC away from Shaw was partly because he was funding Sentinel projects again (Shaw really is a race traitor arms trader). So Emma took the club and used it's resources to help mutants and open schools for mutants. I guess it's possible some of the membership engages in a hostile takeover to take the club from her because she is too altruistic and not making enough profit with the club as they want because they want to go back to the good old days using the club to make insane profits through arms trading, drug trafficking, and sex trafficking.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I wonder what Leah Williams thinks of that, since it means her X-Men Black solo pretty much did nothing.
    Yeah its quite weird, cause as we've seen she does start off this event in her black king outfit and im guessing as the story progresses she probably goes towards the side of the X-Men once again, to probably help face off against X. But yeah, its weird Emma didnt really last too long as the Black King, hell we never even got to see any changes from her leadership either, so the whole of the Xmen Black series seems to really have just been story filler and not really important.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

  2. #1907
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hickman isn’t big on character-driven stories unless it’s directly helping move the plot, so I can see this being one of the last eras in a while where Emma’s focus on mutant students is touched on.
    Depends on which book she gets to be on in the late fall. Although with Emma being in his top 5 there is a good chance he'll want her on his main book so he can control her character direction.

    Once HoX/PoX finishes they are probably going to split the line back up into 4 or 5 books again. I think we'll see Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, and maybe Excalibur this fall. It's possible that the start with a smaller line of 2 or 3 because they said there is going to be a Phase 1 and Phase 2 series of books. So phase 1 is in September, and then the phase 2 books will be coming out probably spring or summer 2020.

  3. #1908
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Yeah its quite weird, cause as we've seen she does start off this event in her black king outfit and im guessing as the story progresses she probably goes towards the side of the X-Men once again, to probably help face off against X. But yeah, its weird Emma didnt really last too long as the Black King, hell we never even got to see any changes from her leadership either, so the whole of the Xmen Black series seems to really have just been story filler and not really important.
    oh wow, you predict X is the villain of the event. He does kind of look creepy and villainy in the promo art. Maybe he is mind controlling everyone to do what he thinks is best for mutants. That is probably why he is forcing Jean to keep wearing that mini skirt outfit she wore as a teenager. Xavier/X is so creepy.

  4. #1909
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,956

    Default

    If they are dropping the HFC thing, it's yet another X in the "Yeah, it's BS they're planning for Hickman's run for a yea like Cebulski said" thing. My guess is that they were going to a "classic" version for everyone- Magneto, Emma, Cyclops, etc, but Hickman coming in, invited by Dan Buckley himself, changed that.

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    oh wow, you predict X is the villain of the event. He does kind of look creepy and villainy in the promo art. Maybe he is mind controlling everyone to do what he thinks is best for mutants.
    Magneto with the helmet and Emma in diamond form would have immunity to his powers, huh...

  5. #1910
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If they are dropping the HFC thing, it's yet another X in the "Yeah, it's BS they're planning for Hickman's run for a yea like Cebulski said" thing. My guess is that they were going to a "classic" version for everyone- Magneto, Emma, Cyclops, etc, but Hickman coming in, invited by Dan Buckley himself, changed that.
    How long has the Hickman take over been in the works? Yeah, this is a good point that we could see a couple characters essentially do a 360 within the past few years.

  6. #1911
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,106

    Default

    X-Men Black was filler for Uncanny which was filler for AoXM which was filler for Hickman's run.

  7. #1912
    Mighty Member Diammandis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Tian
    Posts
    1,523

    Default

    It looks like maybe X is using a cerebro like helmet, so it could possibly be powering his powers, which would explain a bit I guess. But I dont know X is seeming like a very antagonistic character so far, im guessing he's probably going to tell the mutants to either go to Mars or "the world" since he does have fantomex's body
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

  8. #1913
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    How long has the Hickman take over been in the works? Yeah, this is a good point that we could see a couple characters essentially do a 360 within the past few years.
    Hickman said he pitched this to Dan Buckley in late 2017, but I don't know for how long it's been a sure thing already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    It looks like maybe X is using a cerebro like helmet, so it could possibly be powering his powers, which would explain a bit I guess. But I dont know X is seeming like a very antagonistic character so far, im guessing he's probably going to tell the mutants to either go to Mars or "the world" since he does have fantomex's body
    The Cerebro makes him look like the Maker, too much to it be unintentional. And the Maker under Hickman is the most dangerous man in the Multiverse.

  9. #1914
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    How would you describe the relationship between Emma and Ororo?
    Ranking of favorite characters
    Phoenix/Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm

    These characters are not real and nobody loves each other for real. They will dump and love people even if it makes no sense just to for the sake of it.
    My ships: Jean/Scott, Wanda/Vision, Scott/Logan, Rogue/Gambit, Storm/Black Panther.

  10. #1915
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How would you describe the relationship between Emma and Ororo?
    They used to be friends, but Emma kind of dumped the IvX on Ororo and ran with Alex. I am not sure if Ororo is going to be able to forgive Emma for that. I hated IvX, but if we treat it as canon then Emma and Ororo are not on good terms after IvX.

  11. #1916
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    They used to be friends, but Emma kind of dumped the IvX on Ororo and ran with Alex. I am not sure if Ororo is going to be able to forgive Emma for that. I hated IvX, but if we treat it as canon then Emma and Ororo are not on good terms after IvX.
    Friends is a stretch. They were cordial coworkers

  12. #1917
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hickman said he pitched this to Dan Buckley in late 2017, but I don't know for how long it's been a sure thing already.
    I think he pitched Powers of X originally and then when he was given full reign he pitched House of X and much more sweeping plans.

  13. #1918
    Fantastic Member Maestro 216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Guessing HFC Emma was meant to be more of a impact until this reboot happened.

  14. #1919
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Guessing HFC Emma was meant to be more of a impact until this reboot happened.
    I really wanted a Hellfire X comic with Emma as the Black King and star of the book.

  15. #1920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    X-Men Black was filler for Uncanny which was filler for AoXM which was filler for Hickman's run.
    Well, if Black King era ends now in the current Uncanny arc at least it had some impact - was used in a big way here in Uncanny and also showed up in two guest appearances. Much more than the other X-Men Black one-shots that were completely inconsequential as far as I can tell.

    Not too shabby for a new writer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •