Page 150 of 301 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    What if Xorn were Emma?

I love this variant cover.

But NO. Marvel messed up Xorn so much it literally doesn't make ANY sense. Plus she already does the woman behind Xorn thing in Secret Empire.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I have not been reading the main X-books recently, but how has Emma been handled? Last thing I read with her was the X-Men Black one-shot. Do we know if she is going to play a part in Hickmans run?

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I have not been reading the main X-books recently, but how has Emma been handled? Last thing I read with her was the X-Men Black one-shot. Do we know if she is going to play a part in Hickmans run?
    Handled? Poorly, at best. Tortured, made to look inept and cowardly. Setup mutantkind to be killed, or depend on luck to save them. Everyone hates her. Most of the team wants her dead. Most of the team IS dead.

How she is handled going forward will depend heavily on how much of Rosenberg's run is ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Handled? Poorly, at best. Tortured, made to look inept and cowardly. Setup mutantkind to be killed, or depend on luck to save them. Everyone hates her. Most of the team wants her dead. Most of the team IS dead.

How she is handled going forward will depend heavily on how much of Rosenberg's run is ignored.
    Really? That bad? I was tempted to start reading UXM as I was seeing some Emma panels but now... And... set up mutantkind to be killed!? What the heck Marvel. I was kinda hopeing that the silly crusade that started with IvX to make Emma into a villain again was going to die out...

Thanks for the info!

Astonishing Member

I don't like Emma as Xorn because I like the Xorn retcon, I explained my reasoning in the Unpopular opinions thread. Xorn (the good brother that still exists) is the biggest most popular non white mutant, a Chinese person. The franchise should take advantage of that.
    It's an interesting story to have a Chinese mutant that was imprisoned and secluded for decades, for being a mutant, who was suicidal, and who was irresposibly put as a teacher in the USA, without checking if those decades of torture had badly affected his psychology, end up impersonating Magneto (the west greatest mutant terrorist) and commiting great acts of destruction in NY, finally dying.
    It's a bit similar to the Taiping rebellion of China in the 1800s in which a Chinese person that claimed to be the brother of Jesus Christ ended up causing a war that killed dozens of millions.

I want Emma and Scott to break up, because I would prefer it over love triangle drama, or Emma being a clingy exgirlfriend.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

Hickman is a huge Emma fan, he could treat her well.

Really? That bad? I was tempted to start reading UXM as I was seeing some Emma panels but now... And... set up mutantkind to be killed!? What the heck Marvel. I was kinda hopeing that the silly crusade that started with IvX to make Emma into a villain again was going to die out...

Thanks for the info!
    I thought her first issue was good but its gone downhill from there. Rosenberg's Emma has been a mess as PsychoEFrost explained. I think the writing is supposed to make her appear clever but it falls flat

Thanks for the info!
    Yep. Captured by Discount Thunderbolt Ross. Tortured for weeks. Gives up the mutant cure because of course she did, she's a cowardly inept idiot.

Relies on MYSTIQUE of all people for mutantkind not to get sterilized. Her affection for Scott is treated as a mental and emotional illness (which is a step up from the general anger, hate, and contempt literally every other character has for him). Gets Marrow and Vanisher killed because reasons. Then makes everything worse in the end. So yeah... not Emma's best portrayal.

Marrow's dead? WTF?!? I must have missed that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Marrow's dead? WTF?!? I must have missed that
    It's unclear if Elixir was able to save her after Wolverine gutted her. She may have survived.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Hickman is a huge Emma fan, he could treat her well.
    I this story is about emmigrating and colonizing another planet or dimension for mutants, I think it would be weird for Emma to agree with that. And we havent really seen much of her, apart from 2 covers, one in which she was with other villains.

We have seen more of the Cuckoos honestly.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I this story is about emmigrating and colonizing another planet or dimension for mutants, I think it would be weird for Emma to agree with that. And we havent really seen much of her, apart from 2 covers, one in which she was with other villains.

We have seen more of the Cuckoos honestly.
    Well Emma had an X on her uniform on one cover, and so did Magneto. So they don't seem like out & out villains.

Mystique is a villain, and Creed is her personal goon. So who knows or cares what they're up to, but I doubt Emma & Mags will be mustache-twirlers like those two.

But the promos have been odd. We saw Emma on 2 covers, but more Cuckoos. We've seen more Creed & Mystique than I cared to see personally, but not much of Monet, Husk, Psylocke, Jubilee, etc. Storm had some decent variant numbers and at least 1 interior panel.

But we've mostly seen the same set of characters, with many other big names missing or hardly shown
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-16-2019 at 07:40 PM.

BANNED

I heard Scemma fans should get their xanax ready for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Asking for any relationship with Emma is pushing it. I just want her to not be Stupid Evil. It's not much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I am expecting Scott to give Emma the cold shoulder and tell her he can never be with her. More than likely he'll say something particularly cruel and she'll be devastated and pathetic because that's how Rosenberg thinks she should be.