Page 171 of 301 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 4503
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Remember Alyssa Moy, I like her more then Susan Richards. Even the FF had to be broken up although it's much harder as they have children
    In the F4, stability is the point. Conflict comes from Reed being secretive and/or too focused in his ideas, Johnny's antics, and Franklin and Valeria being kids. And Uncle Doom, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    In the F4, stability is the point. Conflict comes from Reed being secretive and/or too focused in his ideas, Johnny's antics, and Franklin and Valeria being kids. And Uncle Doom, of course.
    Scott and Jean don't require internal conflict to work. In fact their relationship, and Scemma to a great extent, thrived entirely on external conflict. When you sit under the Sword of Damocles, you don't need friction to appreciate those who aren't trying to kill you.

But that also leads to poor sales and cancellation. Rinse and repeat the same formula week in week out stopped working

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Easily the worst showing for Emma in her entire character history, bar exploding a horse. And even that was so over the top it couldn't be taken seriously.
    it was just horrible. this entire series just needs to be a dream/ nightmare.

BANNED

Also, Maddie was built from day one as a Jean replacement, was not a X-man, and (seemingly) had no powers, and literally no past before meeting Scott. Emma already had a following before the relationship, although her popularity skyrocketed after it and appearing in Morrison/Whedon's run, and is now one of the most popular characters in the franchise.
    I don’t know Emma is one of the most popular characters in the franchise. I think the outcome of AvX severely damaged her popularity and she has been somewhat marginalized since. If she were that popular she wouldn’t have been treated the way she has been lately. Emma is responsible for XMen deaths in collaboration with Callahan. To save her but she wiped Mutants out of the minds of everyone, but forgot Callahan has sentinels and to look for Callahan. Or to relocate everyone to a hidden base.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don’t know Emma is one of the most popular characters in the franchise. I think the outcome of AvX severely damaged her popularity and she has been somewhat marginalized since. If she were that popular she wouldn’t have been treated the way she has been lately. Emma is responsible for XMen deaths in collaboration with Callahan. To save her but she wiped Mutants out of the minds of everyone, but forgot Callahan has sentinels and to look for Callahan. Or to relocate everyone to a hidden base.
    Her popularity hasn't been in question. Editorials want to have her back as a bad guy is causing the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    If she were that popular she wouldn’t have been treated the way she has been lately.
    Most recent runs beg to disagree.

Scott was treated like crap since AvX as well, Jean was hilariously killed and didn't really come back until just recently, Magneto was acting like a complete fool since Blue with Editorial trying to make him go back as villain just like they were doing with Emma and then you have Storm who spent most of her time in Gold taking naps.

And those are characters who are more popular than Emma.

Popularity doesn't save you from bad writing so it isn't really a valid argument to use to deny Emma's popularity.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 07-18-2019 at 11:46 PM.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Most recent runs beg to disagree.

Scott was treated like crap since AvX as well, Jean was hilariously killed and didn't really come back until just recently, Magneto was acting like a complete fool since Blue with Editorial trying to make him go back as villain just like they were doing with Emma and then you have Storm who spent most of her time in Gold taking naps.

And those are characters who are more popular than Emma.

Popularity doesn't save you from bad writing so it isn't really a valid argument to try and deny Emma's popularity.
    No.1 source: Spiderman
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Instead of trying to purposefully throw Emma under an exploding bus, Rosenberg could’ve just had:

-Logan reunite with Storm and X-23
    -Scott reunite with Jean
    -Emma reunite with her former-fucking-students

Emma should've just kept this mindset after AvsX and on:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...132245-010.jpg

But unfortunately for her character, she's now forever attached to Scott...so even if she moves on now, at some point they'll bring that back again
    Last edited by AnaFrost01; 07-19-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    But unfortunately for her character, she's now forever attached to Scott...so even if she moves on now, at some point they'll bring that back again
    Probably not anytime soon though, which is all that really matter for me. Who knows what the future may bring.

Independent Em who talks like a 20th-Century mobster would be an improvement, yes. Give her a hat, too.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

This was my fear when Scott was coming back, that ultimately they'd tie her redemption to him, and just further that IvX BS that somehow she's heroic only because of him.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    But that also leads to poor sales and cancellation. Rinse and repeat the same formula week in week out stopped working
    Nah, they managed to sell well just recently under Hickman. Slott is also selling well for some reason, probably the fact they were out for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Her popularity hasn't been in question. Editorials want to have her back as a bad guy is causing the issues.
    Exactly. Their goal with Emma, since the beginning of the decade, was make Emma a villain again because MAH CHILDHOOD. In fact, Bendis, despite not being the greatest Emma writer by any means, was the only one saving her from that fate, and now Hickman.

That would be unreasonable her, or anyone, continue to blame Scott for his actions in AvX.

Emma's problem is not Scott, is editors and writers that don't accept characters will grow and evolve over time and want to reset things back to their favorite period. Also, the fact that any time Marvel makes a hero vs hero stuff, one of the sides has to be EVIL and WRONG (and more often than not, the right guy ends up the opposite of who they wanted)

Emma's problem is not Scott, is editors and writers that don't accept characters will grow and evolve over time and want to reset things back to their favorite period.
    Weeeeeelllllllll ------I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm Team Emma For Life, BUT .. this is a "condition" that is common for many fans as well. CBR posters alone have often said on these very boards "Why can't we go back to...." or "I wish they'd make So-N-So like they were back when...."