Page 263 of 301 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 4503
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    IvX saw Emma using sentinels (something she hates and fears) to try and murder everyone on the battlefield because otherwise Medusa and Black Bolt would get off scot free for killing Scott.
    That’s such a Scorpio thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    That’s such a Scorpio thing to do.
    I agree with you. I always thought Emma was a Leo but on second thought you are correct ... She is totally Scorpio!
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Tyke if you don't mind him, Tott if you dislike him. I personally thought he was completely insufferable.
    Oh. That's totally fair. Carry on.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Alright people... Bunn said he was "introduced to" Emma as a villain. That doesn't mean he never read any comics between 1980 or whatever y'all keep saying and ... idk... IvX? Come on people, his book has all sorts of references to continuity all over those eras that you are saying he "clearly never read".

It's fine to associate a character a certain way mentally or emotionally because it was a formative time for you getting into the books. Doesn't mean you can't write them different given contemporary continuity.

Bunn got a super raw deal, they made him abruptly wrap up TWO books (and neither book were really his own concepts in terms of the team and premise but he still did good with it) and then after they forced him into making that really awkward and rushed destruction of Magneto's character so he is back wearing his visible undies 1960s costume on damn Asteroid M with Toad, Blob etc all over again.... they just completely ignore and do nothing with it and now Magneto is back as an anti hero working alongside Xavier. Lmao. No wonder he speculates there was some big plan that he assumes was House of X even back during Secret Wars. Maybe he isn't "technically" correct but he got jerked around ridiculously and clearly editorial planning was *all over the place*.

As he said, he wrote Emma in keeping with how she had been written previously, and in BLUE he basically "redeemed" her anyhow

Sheesh you guys need to lay off the haterade in here

It's not an issue with Bunn in particular, go ahead and poll X-fans in general tons of them still largely prefer to think of Emma as suspect or villainous. Doesn't mean they've never heard of Generation X, Phalanx Covenant, or the 2005-2015 status quo.... (also remember Emma was on Genosha with Magneto after Gen X and prior to New XMen. She wasn't a "Pure Hero" from 1994 onwards by any means. And they played around with her possibly being suspect or having ulterior motives on several occasions. There was a lot of character work with the fact that pretty much mainly Cyclops trusted her , and lots of others didn't. These are just facts!)

Me personally I found the promise of the new Emma from her BLACK one-shot very intriguing, I felt she more or less was the bright spot in Rosenburg's otherwise pretty dreadful Uncanny. So my hope is they keep her more ambiguous, I feel it suits her better especially now that Jean is back and has basically reclaimed the position Emma had taken up as "Cyclops woman".

Yes it was interesting how Emma brought out differences in Cyke and that fed into the whole long build up about his personality getting explored and how you can see an "uptight obsessive nerd" slowly become more of an antihero/rebel (especially given the dire situation of mutants generally post M Day and leading into the T-Mists).

And I feel like Emma as a main X-Men was literally the biggest change to their status quo and it's been a fear of mine that with the return of Jean and Emma being pushed out, it's like there are no real changes from 1992 to now, which I hate. However, the current Dawn of X books are trying hard to shake things up so I'm happy to give them a chance.

But yeah, Bunn knows his continuity really deep... and he did a lot of stuff that was unexpected and good... anyway I digress
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 10-21-2019 at 02:13 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Alright people... Bunn said he was "introduced to" Emma as a villain. That doesn't mean he never read any comics between 1980 or whatever y'all keep saying and ... idk... IvX? Come on people, his book has all sorts of references to continuity all over those eras that you are saying he "clearly never read".

It's fine to associate a character a certain way mentally or emotionally because it was a formative time for you getting into the books. Doesn't mean you can't write them different given contemporary continuity.

Bunn got a super raw deal, they made him abruptly wrap up TWO books (and neither book were really his own concepts in terms of the team and premise but he still did good with it) and then after they forced him into making that really awkward and rushed destruction of Magneto's character so he is back wearing his visible undies 1960s costume on damn Asteroid M with Toad, Blob etc all over again.... they just completely ignore and do nothing with it and now Magneto is back as an anti hero working alongside Xavier. Lmao. No wonder he speculates there was some big plan that he assumes was House of X even back during Secret Wars. Maybe he isn't "technically" correct but he got jerked around ridiculously and clearly editorial planning was *all over the place*.

As he said, he wrote Emma in keeping with how she had been written previously, and in BLUE he basically "redeemed" her anyhow

Sheesh you guys need to lay off the haterade in here

It's not an issue with Bunn in particular, go ahead and poll X-fans in general tons of them still largely prefer to think of Emma as suspect or villainous. Doesn't mean they've never heard of Generation X, Phalanx Covenant, or the 2005-2015 status quo.... (also remember Emma was on Genosha with Magneto after Gen X and prior to New XMen. She wasn't a "Pure Hero" from 1994 onwards by any means. And they played around with her possibly being suspect or having ulterior motives on several occasions. There was a lot of character work with the fact that pretty much mainly Cyclops trusted her , and lots of others didn't. These are just facts!)

Me personally I found the promise of the new Emma from her BLACK one-shot very intriguing, I felt she more or less was the bright spot in Rosenburg's otherwise pretty dreadful Uncanny. So my hope is they keep her more ambiguous, I feel it suits her better especially now that Jean is back and has basically reclaimed the position Emma had taken up as "Cyclops woman".

Yes it was interesting how Emma brought out differences in Cyke and that fed into the whole long build up about his personality getting explored and how you can see an "uptight obsessive nerd" slowly become more of an antihero/rebel (especially given the dire situation of mutants generally post M Day and leading into the T-Mists).

And I feel like Emma as a main X-Men was literally the biggest change to their status quo and it's been a fear of mine that with the return of Jean and Emma being pushed out, it's like there are no real changes from 1992 to now, which I hate. However, the current Dawn of X books are trying hard to shake things up so I'm happy to give them a chance.

But yeah, Bunn knows his continuity really deep... and he did a lot of stuff that was unexpected and good... anyway I digress
    Many fans see her as "villainous" because A) She fucked with Jean during Morrison's run or B) They're blinded by nostalgia for the early 1980s.

That doesn't excuse it. Especially when other reformed characters (or even heroes) constantly do horrible things and are instantly forgiven. Rogue and Gambit have a free pass to do whatever they want to anyone because they were main characters in the 90s cartoon. Wolverine depopulates entire villages and no one blinks an eye.

And while Bunn was given a raw deal, he wrote her as being completely psychopathic, even worse than in IvX.

It's Marauders's Eve, darlings. Anyone super excited to see the CEO of the Hellfire Trading Company in action?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I am...although from early reports we may not see much of her past the preview. But reports can be skewed and inaccurate.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I am...although from early reports we may not see much of her past the preview. But reports can be skewed and inaccurate.
    Same. Everything I've recently heard is that she's in the preview, but the rest of the issue is Kitty setting up the squad. We see more Emma in 2.

Same. Everything I've recently heard is that she's in the preview, but the rest of the issue is Kitty setting up the squad. We see more Emma in 2.
    Still it's going to be a fun book.

I do understand the separation of Emma from the group. Emma represents the legitimate foreign service side of Krakoa. Kitty's team is the secret ops side that goes into non-treaty countries to rescue mutants. Emma can't be a part of that normally because she has to be the distinguished face of Krakoa to the world, the Secretary of State.

I do hope we get to see lots of interactions where they meet to discuss things that are happening.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

I think we'll see plenty of Emma once things are in full swing. I am loving the pages I've seen so far, including one glorious Iceman moment.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think we'll see plenty of Emma once things are in full swing. I am loving the pages I've seen so far, including one glorious Iceman moment.
    Are there new pages release beyond the preview?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I am wondering if they are going to do parallel stories in this book as it progresses. Kitty and the Marauders team, and then Emma and the work she is doing for Krakoa, along with having to deal with Sebastian, the man she despises.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

I can see a perspective on this, but I disagree.

IvX saw Emma using sentinels (something she hates and fears) to try and murder everyone on the battlefield because otherwise Medusa and Black Bolt would get off scot free for killing Scott. While it is understandable, it is also not a heroic act.

Then Secret Wars had her try and brainwash Tott out of grief.
    Secret Wars was bad.

Emma still saved the day, more or less in IvX.

BANNED

Just here to say that I love this image:

Except maybe the "Karen haircut" is a bit much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Are there new pages release beyond the preview?
    I was referring to a leak. And now the book is out!