Page 30 of 301 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

That's another fucking thing with Mama being anywhere near Raven. After what Raven put Alison through Mama should want NOTHING to do with her yet here were are
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    That's another fucking thing with Mama being anywhere near Raven. After what Raven put Alison through Mama should want NOTHING to do with her yet here were are
    "But evil people gather with evil people and Emma is completely evilly evil of evil evilness."

-Jordan D. White probably.

Wait, is the Jessica Jones comic already out? I can't find it on ComicList.

Or what's the name of the series?
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 02-20-2019 at 04:47 PM.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Wait, is the Jessica Jones comic already out? I can't find it on ComicList.

Or what's the name of the series?
    https://m.comixology.com/Jessica-Jon...50QWRkaXRpb25z
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Emma has a history of putting aside her feelings and moral compunctions (up to a certain point) to work with shady people in order to accomplish her goals, like with Norman Osborn and his Cabal and more recently with Miss Sinister and Bastion. She's aware that they'll stab her in the back when given the chance, but she does what she thinks needs to be done in order to accomplish her goals.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Emma has a history of putting aside her feelings and moral compunctions (up to a certain point) to work with shady people in order to accomplish her goals, like with Norman Osborn and his Cabal and more recently with Miss Sinister and Bastion. She's aware that they'll stab her in the back when given the chance, but she does what she thinks needs to be done in order to accomplish her goals.
    Strongly disagree.

Emma will work with shady people. However, it's canon she will not work with Mystique even if they are living under the threat of extinction. Not unless they were selected by someone else and she had a bomb implanted in her head.

Additionally, Havok sought out Miss Sinister and Bastion not Emma.

Emma's smarter then this and that's canon from Fractions run

Here are a list of people Emma would never work with again from canon:

Donald Pierce
    Trevor Fitzory
    Sebastian Shaw
    Mystique
    Bastion
    The Purifiers
    The reavers
    The friends of humanity

Its a short list but there are actual reasons as to why.

In Mystiques case Emma is no rube and knows it's a waste of time
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-20-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Mystique has been mischaracterized a lot

She never betrayed Destiny ever and they worked together a very long time

I think it can work and can be exciting but it depends on if the writers can keep it together and not make Mystique just randomly stab people in the back

Also maybe Emma wants the feeling of a sort of healthy rivalry around her to keep things more interesting who knows

I do agree there are other more novel candidates but there are other spots to fill still so let's find out how those go
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Mystique has been mischaracterized a lot

She never betrayed Destiny ever and they worked together a very long time

I think it can work and can be exciting but it depends on if the writers can keep it together and not make Mystique just randomly stab people in the back

Also maybe Emma wants the feeling of a sort of healthy rivalry around her to keep things more interesting who knows

I do agree there are other more novel candidates but there are other spots to fill still so let's find out how those go
    I believe canon anyway supports not willing to work with Mystique from Fractions run.

Emma eliminated her rivals to turn the Hellfire Club into a healthy organisation. Bringing the goddess of chaos into this just undermines this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Well for sure it doesn't seem like they're going with a "reformed HFC" but let's just find out

Maybe it will still have some kind of a new and improved purpose to it all and can be shown to be doing some "good" and Mystique is there mainly as an enforcer or deterrent/spy and so on but she isn't the only member

It could also be Emma trying to keep Mystique close where she can watch her and maybe try to either control her more or kind of keep her from doing even worse stuff on her own or with others? Maybe that's a reach but those are my ideas
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I feel like there really is no good reason why Mystique would be in the HFC. In a dire situation, maybe Emma works with her (its a bit of a stretch), but not actually as a high ranking member of the HFC. It's like more news is worse news.

Astonishing Member

it's true that Mystique with Claremont was very rational, and comparable to an IRA terrorist. Only later they made her an irrational murderer who betrays for fun and can't be trusted at all.

Every bone I have is saying this is editorial making her stupidly evil, which is really pathetic considering how awesome she was in Jessica Jones.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

You would think that but the X-Men have continued working with Mystique despite throwing a baby Nightctawler over a waterfall, killing Moira, and disgusing herself as a mutant of her own creation to seduce Gambit who was involved with Rogue at the time. And some even wanted to still bone her. So... yeah, I personally hope she bites the dust in the next major event. I'm concerned because they wrote Mystique so badly these last several years that this is now what they will do with Emma and them teaming up doesn't help in that paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it's true that Mystique with Claremont was very rational, and comparable to an IRA terrorist. Only later they made her an irrational murderer who betrays for fun and can't be trusted at all.
    Wasn't that mostly in comics written by Bendis and Soule? Maybe Aaron too?

Either way, nothing good or memorable so can be safely ignored. Maybe the current writers feel that way even.

The Rogue/Gambit thing is understandable, she wanted to protect Rogue from Gambit as she did not think he was good enough for her.

Did not read the Moira thing so cannot say anything that.
    Last edited by myownlittleusername; 02-21-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I will definitely need to pick those issues up.
    Do i need to pick up issues 1-2 or just wait for the 3rd one? Never read Jessica's books so I will be lost.