Page 158 of 301 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 4503

Honor the Betrayed.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yes, but even then you'd have to be cautious. What makes me excited for this Hickman run is not only his talent, but the fact he was brought him by the publisher himself, the dire state of the company and the fact that if he's out, there's no comparable big gun to replace him, so they have to give him enough freedom.
    I think he'll do great for the run. What they have been doing is clearly not working. And since Hickman was able to get them to cancel their entire line, it does seem he's gonna have more freedom than previous writers.

Now I DON"T have any hopes he'll be able to save Creed. But his character has been doomed a while. So no worse than it has been for 16 years. But I am confident he will do wonders with most other characters. So this does have me intrigued.

I just hope we keep good talent on the Wave titles. And if it's not, hopefully Hickman can make them good by having it reassured writers are going to follow & keep his continuity straight long as he's on the books.

Despite the bad showing for Emma in Uncanny X-Men, I'm actually optimistic with Hickman's run coming. If anything, the one thing I like about Rosenberg's run is that it closed the door on Scemma in a definitive manner. Now, she (and her fans) can finally move on. It was getting kind of sad that every story of hers for the past few years involved Scott in some way (minus X-Men: Black, and the Jessica Jones and Iceman cameos, which most fans seemed to like). I highly doubt Hickman is going to resurrect the triangle/rectangle, because he tends to focus on giant ideas and epics more than relationships and he's talked about his run being something new and different. He's not going to redo drama that's been done (and redone) to death. With the relationship no longer burdening her, I think exciting things are in store for Emma.

You know?

I liked one thing.

spoilers:
    Emma didnt went Dark evil mustache villian mode after the most forced Jott kiss. Also she acepted the rest opinion on her plan. So Emma lost? No she didnt her plan eas actually clever they could present to mankind as friendly people as heroes all of them! Imagine Mags with his numbers clean? That changes everything! But nope they went with the altruistic route. That is fine. But mutankind trust in humankind after this run is broken beyond repair. As for Emma Hickman is a Frosty Fan so id he can give her trophy toyboy obviously she will get something instead. Hope Hickman remenber the Xfriendship
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    You know?

I liked one thing.

spoilers:
    Emma didnt went Dark evil mustache villian mode after the most forced Jott kiss. Also she acepted the rest opinion on her plan. So Emma lost? No she didnt her plan eas actually clever they could present to mankind as friendly people as heroes all of them! Imagine Mags with his numbers clean? That changes everything! But nope they went with the altruistic route. That is fine. But mutankind trust in humankind after this run is broken beyond repair. As for Emma Hickman is a Frosty Fan so id he can give her trophy toyboy obviously she will get something instead. Hope Hickman remenber the Xfriendship
    end of spoilers
    Yes, we got a story where Emma didn't go batshit insane. The standards for acceptability are so low.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Yes, we got a story where Emma didn't go batshit insane. The standards for acceptability are so low.
    After the last couple years, any positive movement is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    This was not positive though. It made her look crazy and incompetent. Not batshit level but still bad.

This was not positive though. It made her look crazy and incompetent. Not batshit level but still bad.
    Oh don't get me wrong. The entire run from start to finish will rank among humanity's most awful crimes. We hit rock bottom. But Rosenberg kept the shovel in the shed. It's not great, but whatever.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Despite the bad showing for Emma in Uncanny X-Men, I'm actually optimistic with Hickman's run coming. If anything, the one thing I like about Rosenberg's run is that it closed the door on Scemma in a definitive manner. Now, she (and her fans) can finally move on. It was getting kind of sad that every story of hers for the past few years involved Scott in some way (minus X-Men: Black, and the Jessica Jones and Iceman cameos, which most fans seemed to like). I highly doubt Hickman is going to resurrect the triangle/rectangle, because he tends to focus on giant ideas and epics more than relationships and he's talked about his run being something new and different. He's not going to redo drama that's been done (and redone) to death. With the relationship no longer burdening her, I think exciting things are in store for Emma.
    I don't see how it was definitive, given the constant reboots and retcons that always happen in X-Men, and as a Scemma fan, it makes me really sad in general. I think Emma is a great character by herself, but I also love her relationship with Scott, and seeing the way Rosenberg treated it was just...unpleasant in the extreme.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

im going to need this Duggan book to be quite amazing in terms of how he chooses to characterize Emma, cause by the looks of it shes definitely going to be on his ongoing coming "Dawn of X" relaunch. Lets also hope she stays as far away as possible from literally all the X-Men

Also, now that im looking at HoX and PoX I think its safe to say maybe Emma wont have a big role in the event which is honestly a good thing. Im guessing shes going to be relegated to staying at the X-Mansion. Im also loving costumes shes gonna be wearing in these events as well, never realized how much I missed Emma wearing white and fur coats
    Last edited by Diammandis; 07-17-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The song JDW left as a hint to a team revolved around someone moving forward from a past love. Hopefully it's Emma considering the terror that was this recent run.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

What do you mean? It redeemed Cyclops or are you saying he shouldn't have been redeemed in the first place?
    Did you actually read this run or are you just basing your opinions on what you've read on here? How did this run do any favours for Cyclops whatsoever?

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    im going to need this Duggan book to be quite amazing in terms of how he chooses to characterize Emma, cause by the looks of it shes definitely going to be on his ongoing coming "Dawn of X" relaunch. Lets also hope she stays as far away as possible from literally all the X-Men

Also, now that im looking at HoX and PoX I think its safe to say maybe Emma wont have a big role in the event which is honestly a good thing. Im guessing shes going to be relegated to staying at the X-Mansion. Im also loving costumes shes gonna be wearing in these events as well, never realized how much I missed Emma wearing white and fur coats
    Yeah, maybe Hickman is revisiting how much she loves teaching and keeping her taking care of the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, maybe Hickman is revisiting how much she loves teaching and keeping her taking care of the kids.
    Somehow I doubt that. He'll probably concentrate on her more Machiavellian characteristics.

BANNED

Hopefully. Her machiavellian characteristics are what make the character stand out.