Page 175 of 301 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4503

I love it you guys.

And Emma has two costumes revealed then, the one in Marauders and the other in HoX, PoX. I love it.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Marauders Info:

MARAUDERS #1
    Written by Gerry Duggan
    Penciled by Matteo Lolli
    Cover by RUSSEL DAUTERMAN
    On sale October 2019
    THE X-MEN SAIL AT DAWN!
    Even in this glorious new dawn, Mutantkind faces hardships and oppression from their human counterparts. Led by Captain Kate Pryde and funded by Emma Frost and the Hellfire Trading Company, Marauders Storm, Pyro, Bishop and Iceman sail the seas of the world to protect those hated and feared!

So apparently Emma is still in charge of the Hell Fire Club, not sure about the premise though.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Marauders Info:

MARAUDERS #1
    Written by Gerry Duggan
    Penciled by Matteo Lolli
    Cover by RUSSEL DAUTERMAN
    On sale October 2019
    THE X-MEN SAIL AT DAWN!
    Even in this glorious new dawn, Mutantkind faces hardships and oppression from their human counterparts. Led by Captain Kate Pryde and funded by Emma Frost and the Hellfire Trading Company, Marauders Storm, Pyro, Bishop and Iceman sail the seas of the world to protect those hated and feared!

So apparently Emma is still in charge of the Hell Fire Club, not sure about the premise though.
    My guess is that it is a time travel AU, with the "past" being the X-Men being pirates in the 18th century. Which would suck.

Yeah, I don't like it. Wish she had a better team. All these guys are so boring compared to Ems, and the premise sounds pedestrian.

What was the last thing I read from Gerry Duggan? Infinity thing? That was hollow. Bleh. I am whelmed.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-20-2019 at 02:59 PM.

BANNED

Emma and Kitty frienemies reunited again!!! I have full faith in Duggod that he will ignore everything after Gen Hope.

swashbuckling Emma Frost...not too fond of the name though
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    My guess is that it is a time travel AU, with the "past" being the X-Men being pirates in the 18th century. Which would suck.
    Re-read the first part of the solicit "Even in this glorious new dawn, Mutantkind faces hardships and oppression from their human counterparts.".

It doesn't look like time travel, the purpose just feels really weird. Like, why are they pirates?

I dont think this book is in the past, cause we did see in that one snippet from a while ago Emma was drawn inside in what appears to be a limo
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I dont think this book is in the past, cause we did see in that one snippet from a while ago Emma was drawn inside in what appears to be a limo
    My guess is that was a flashback before Mags and X screwed up the timestream and led to this.

Here's a quote someone posted in a different thread from the Newsrama live updates.

"We're taking a traditional name and a concept you don't know about yet, and it looks like a bunch of nonsense, but it's brilliant. If we told you the pitch right now it wouldn't make sense."

I wonder if that means it'll change, and that's just for the first solicit, or if there's more than what was given. But yeah, right now it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Re-read the first part of the solicit "Even in this glorious new dawn, Mutantkind faces hardships and oppression from their human counterparts.".
    Exactly. The only way you could establish that is with an AU. The other option is Hickman just ignoring literally everything since Morrison, and while some like that idea, I'm not sure I'm down.

Ugh I also hope it's not an AU...otherwise it looks cool.

Duggan wrote a fantastic Emma in the Infinity Wars.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 07-20-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Exactly. The only way you could establish that is with an AU. The other option is Hickman just ignoring literally everything since Morrison, and while some like that idea, I'm not sure I'm down.
    Heh...I don't see it. If it's the pirate thing, pirates and trading companies in the 21st century. If it's hardships and oppression, well, they always did.

Pirates are cool. Who cares.