Page 280 of 301 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4503
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think Emma was talking telepathically with Kate when she crossed the ocean to Krakoa the first time, so I would say that Emma sees Kate as a friend. I am interested in the dynamic with Storm because it feels like the fact that she asked Storm first means she wants to somehow fix their friendship from when they were on Utopia together.

I think Emma probably likes several of the X-Men even when they don't like her in return.
    Which is why they are likely on the same team.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I sometimes wonder if Emma goes through her day thinking she is on ok terms with everyone and is a little surprised when people are mad at her!

"Why Darling, why are you so upset, I bought you that lovely gift basket and I wrote you a handwritten note thanking you for your assistance, I am just that awesome!"
    I think she knows she annoys some people and she loves it.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-16-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think she knows she annoys some peolple and she loves it.
    Yep, that’s always been my interpretation of her. She knows some of them hate her guts and while with most she couldn’t care less, some like Jean and Kitty she gets a kick out of annoying.

I like the idea of Emma and the Patron Saint of the "outcast" X-Men. Hence her connection with Illyana after her soul & Phoenix Force business and her team-ups with Dazzler, who has always been a bit conflicted about her role. Also Rogue, as there's clearly a former villains thing there.

Betsy was always at war with herself, hence hers and Emma's enmity, as Psylocke was always welcome within the X-Men.

If Spiral does the hero thing having gotten her soul back, I could see her and Emma being friends in a way that Emma and Frenzy never could - for the obvious reason!

P.S. Love a snarky, yet annoyingly useful, gift basket that they begrudgingly accept. "This will sort your skin right out, Kitty Dear." And it does.

I think Emma was talking telepathically with Kate when she crossed the ocean to Krakoa the first time, so I would say that Emma sees Kate as a friend. I am interested in the dynamic with Storm because it feels like the fact that she asked Storm first means she wants to somehow fix their friendship from when they were on Utopia together.

I think Emma probably likes several of the X-Men even when they don't like her in return.
    or she has an ulterior motive and needs to use Storm somehow. I dont think she has the most genuine motives and cares to fix any relationship with Storm

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    or she has an ulterior motive and needs to use Storm somehow. I dont think she has the most genuine motives and cares to fix any relationship with Storm
    This is also my headcanon and indeed preference.

Ororo-Emma friction is a good thing for me, it makes the characters feel more authentic and it's less like "everyone is in a commune on drugs due to Krakoa".

I believe Emma's motivations are still to help mutants but her methods are something Ororo wouldn't be comfortable with. We'll see if Kate Pryde ends up basically taking Emma's side over the course of Marauders
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...s-and-solicits

“THE TREASURE OF ISLAND M!

As Verendi’s plans against Krakoa grow, the Marauders find themselves missing something vital… something that brings Storm and the White Queen to blows. Artist Stefano Caselli (AVENGERS, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) joins the crew of the craziest X-series of them all!”

https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...73133320273921

https://russelldauterman.tumblr.com/...-me-colored-by

Without Claremonts protection hopefully Emma shows Storm why she's an X-Men and its about time to finally put grudges behind them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I will wait to see where Duggan goes with this...I'm not particularly enthused nor invested in another Storm vs Emma showdown.
    It's so very...passe and especially trite coming from these two women, specifically. Somewhat of a slight regression in character.

Enh!!!...we'll see.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This is coming out the same month as the Giant-Size issue.

Will be interesting to see if there's any continuity between them similar to the DoX number ones. I guess this one might come out later, as it's the second Marauders issue for February.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    While I will wait to see where Duggan goes with this...I'm not particularly enthused nor invested in another Storm vs Emma showdown.
    It's so very...passe and especially trite coming from these two women, specifically. Somewhat of a slight regression in character.

Enh!!!...we'll see.
    Wait when was the last time? I feel like the two characters haven't interacted in any meaningful way in years.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Wait when was the last time? I feel like the two characters haven't interacted in any meaningful way in years.
    During X-Treme they fought but Emma was under Bogan's influence and Ororo was under Claremont's influence.

Astonishing X-Men was nice since Emma showed some kind of inferiority complex because of Ororo being an actual Queen at the time and she was extra about it but in a fun way. But Ororo kind of understood Emma in that and during San Francisco/Dark Reign. You could tell she knew she made Scott happy and was nice herself under that diamond coat (see World's Apart).

AvX and IvX showed them being against each other, even tho at the beginning of IvX Storm trusted Emma and her plans.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Will be interesting to see if there's any continuity between them similar to the DoX number ones. I guess this one might come out later, as it's the second Marauders issue for February.
    I think they won't actually fight and this is all a misleading. Probably argue and such tho.

And I think Giant Size will acknowledge Marauders continuity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    During X-Treme they fought but Emma was under Bogan's influence and Ororo was under Claremont's influence.

Astonishing X-Men was nice since Emma showed some kind of inferiority complex because of Ororo being an actual Queen at the time and she was extra about it but in a fun way. But Ororo kind of understood Emma in that and during San Francisco/Dark Reign. You could tell she knew she made Scott happy and was nice herself under that diamond coat (see World's Apart).

AvX and IvX showed them being against each other, even tho at the beginning of IvX Storm trusted Emma and her plans.
    Ahh I see somehow I blocked out all those interactions the last time I remember was back when they were on the Extinction team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

That's the issue where Jean and Emma have to team up and rescue Storm right? I wonder in which DoX book she gets captured in? The books are pretty connected these days with characters making frequent guest appearances.