Page 197 of 301 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Yeah, I don't read it as sexual tension, but her teaching Bobby in her way, as well as the clumsy/hesitant "Bobby is gay" stuff in the 90s. Emma uses an interior decorating barb as a way to wind Bobby up directly before the scene posted, and Jean has the shopping discussion with him in the 90s too, where she seems to know something he won't say.
    In hindsight yeah, but they really did play it up. Even in Gen X

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    In hindsight yeah, but they really did play it up. Even in Gen X

Fair, forgot about that. You can still interpret that scene in multiple ways (the abrupt farewell - you could argue Emma is pushing him to confront his homosexuality* and he knows it on some level and runs), but definitely the most obvious one is that there is some mutual attraction/flirting going on there.

*Emma looks out for the gays!

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Are we ready for Emma's first appearance in the Hickman era this week guys and gals

I wonder if her stance on Krakoa isn't necessarily as enthusiastic as everyone we've seen so far. Or maybe she's just more invested from a busine$$ standpoint.
    I'm curious to see how she approaches it. I think she would see the opportunities in it and, being the savvy businesswoman she is, she'll find a way to make the most of it. Krakoa basically is the soul source of three incredibly valuable products that cannot be produced or shipped from anywhere else. These products have incredible demand and the market for health is always there. So I can see her playing a part in the business side of things. And being who she is, she'll fight anyone who tries to impede that business. I think Emma Frost the businesswoman could be a formidable force in the House of X era.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Fair, forgot about that. You can still interpret that scene in multiple ways (the abrupt farewell - you could argue Emma is pushing him to confront his homosexuality* and he knows it on some level and runs), but definitely the most obvious one is that there is some mutual attraction/flirting going on there.

*Emma looks out for the gays!
    I just realized outside of Banshee, Bobby is the oldest friendship shes had with any X-man. It didnt start off well but he grew to respect her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma had Bobby PRESSED!

They did have alot of sexual tension which is ironic given more recent revelations
    I ate up all of this in the 90s. That first page, from the issue where Jubilee leaves the X-Men for Gen X, is probably the moment I fell in love with Emma. PS - this was one of the few times Roger Cruz was actually a good artist.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

cant wait to see the solict for this issue

also im really loving the different outfits shes wearing, she looks sickening

EDIT: wondering how this relationship between shaw and emma plays out, cause there relationship as of late has been pretty much them literally trying to kill each other on sight
    Last edited by Diammandis; 08-13-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

Yeah, I'm wary of Shaw for obvious reasons, but Emma's hair & makeup, the feathers and the crop are delightful. Slay.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

EDIT: wondering how this relationship between shaw and emma plays out, cause there relationship as of late has been pretty much them literally trying to kill each other on sight
    Oooooh that looks amazing. I like that they will keep using the Hellfire Club, and from the looks of it she won't be a villain even if she's still the head of the organization.

The Shaw/Emma relationship is sooooo overplayed at this point. Each writer just has her take him down in a different way and he's never been an actual threat to her most times.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

Also since hes probably going to be revived in HoX and seemingly working with the X-Men per that whole couch group shot, is he going to be on board with how Emma is changing the HFC. Probs not, but it’ll be interesting to see how he reacts to it

Looking at the cover again, there seems to be 3 ships on board, with a defeated black ship on Shaws side and a white ship on Emma’s. Then theres kitty’s down the middle...
    Last edited by Diammandis; 08-13-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The Shaw/Emma relationship is sooooo overplayed at this point. Each writer just has her take him down in a different way and he's never been an actual threat to her most times.
    Some stuff never dies.

Emma vs. Shaw is like Creed vs. Logan. The latter is overplayed, his so-called arch foe is a complete joke. We don't need to see them fight anymore as we know how it'll end. But yet they have to keep running it into the ground until it hits the edge of the Earth. Same with pairings.

No matter how much some things change, there's just some played-out stuff they won't let go of. And it wouldn't be played out if it was properly developed in a way to make you care, but writers never wanna do that either. They just throw the same bland formula at you in a different bowl.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-13-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Some stuff never dies.

Emma vs. Shaw is like Creed vs. Logan. The latter is overplayed, his so-called arch foe is a complete joke. We don't need to see them fight anymore as we know how it'll end. But yet they have to keep running it into the ground until it hits the edge of the Earth. Same with pairings.

No matter how much some things change, there's just some played-out stuff they won't let go of. And it wouldn't be played out if it was properly developed in a way to make you care, but writers never wanna do that either. They just throw the same bland formula at you in a different bowl.
    I get it. It's just never written well. It's never been built up the way over rivalries have.

Astonishing Member

If I had to do something interesting with Shaw, it would be resurrecting his dead wife, the teleporter with the Spanish name that was killed by the antimutants that controlled the HFC before Shaw and Emma. With Krakoa it should be possible.
    And it would make sense for him to marry a teleporter if Trevor Fitzroy is his grandson.

I'd get Shaw to team up with:

Astrid Bloom, Cordelia and Adrienne Frost, Bianca Li Niece, Selene, Cassandra Nova, and Krystal Van helden

And maybe Madame le Farge

Solicits:

MARAUDERS #2
    Gerry Duggan (W) • Matteo Lolli (A) • Russell Dauterman (C)
    The Hellfire Trading Company has control of Mutant trade on the seas… but that doesn’t mean its Inner Circle is done stabbing one another in the back. As Captain Pryde and her Marauders sail on, the real cutthroats are back home…
    Emma's not with the Maraurders but plotting with or against Shaw