Page 177 of 204 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3060
  1. #2641
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Im also glad Dauterman is doing the covers for this book, im excited for those



    I think that is someone else, lolli did Asgardians of the Galaxy. The artist that did JJ was Mattia de Iulis.
    Oh right my bad.

  2. #2642
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    I love that Emma remains in charge of Hellfire and is turning it into a force of good. I don't even mind Kitty being team captain, probably Storm is 2nd in command, and Emma is the team financier. It sounds like Emma is definitely the "Tony Stark" of the modern X-Men and I can't wait to see what kind of warship she builds for the Marauders.

    I wrote this in the other thread, but I think the Marauders are the outside team that tries to help mutants get to the new land/nation. They operate mostly in hostile human territory and the humans have labelled them pirates. Kitty being who she is decides that she likes being a pirate so she starts dressing like one for missions. Emma and Storm just roll their eyes and go along with it because they think it's funny. Iceman embraces it because he loves the idea of them all being pirates, and probably Pyro does too. Bishop tries to be all mature and that they need to be on mission but indulges the whole pirate thing.

  3. #2643
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    So how are these all ongoings or what? Any information for how many issues these will probably be?

    Hickman seems to think Marauders is the most important because it builds their world.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  4. #2644
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    So how are these all ongoings or what? Any information for how many issues these will probably be?

    Hickman seems to think Marauders is the most important because it builds their world.
    I really think the Marauders are the search and rescue team of the new X nation. They are the ones who do rescue missions in hostile human territory. That's probably how they are world building because they are the ones that will interact with humans most often.

    Dawn of X wave 2 is next year, so there is a good chance there will be an event next summer and maybe some of the team rosters will change a bit.

    Probably any book that isn't doing well will be revamped into Dawn of X wave 2.

  5. #2645
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I really think the Marauders are the search and rescue team of the new X nation. They are the ones who do rescue missions in hostile human territory. That's probably how they are world building because they are the ones that will interact with humans most often.

    Dawn of X wave 2 is next year, so there is a good chance there will be an event next summer and maybe some of the team rosters will change a bit.

    Probably any book that isn't doing well will be revamped into Dawn of X wave 2.
    Hrmmm. Maybe I’ll trade wait it. Unless Duggan does shit I don’t like with Emma. I’ll get the X-Men until Brisson takes over.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  6. #2646
    Incredible Member kevinism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Reminds me of xtreme

  7. #2647
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    I'm down. Duggan's Uncanny Avengers stuff was not only solid, it was some of the best x-stuff. I'm so excited him getting Bobby and Ems and Ororo and Kitty with Emma on a team could be dialogue gold.

  8. #2648
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I'm down. Duggan's Uncanny Avengers stuff was not only solid, it was some of the best x-stuff. I'm so excited him getting Bobby and Ems and Ororo and Kitty with Emma on a team could be dialogue gold.
    Yeah just the argument they have about the pirate motif will be hilarious. I bet it's Kitty's idea. The probably rescue a bunch of mutants in International waters and they get labelled as pirates by the human governments and Kitty just goes all in on the pirate thing where Orroro and Emma probably think it's ridiculous. It's telling that Kitty is the only one actually dressed like a pirate, haha.

  9. #2649
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Lollis Jessica Jones was beautiful
    Is it worth picking up? I'm drastically cutting back and didn't want to pick it up, but keep pondering because its my two favorite Marvel ladies.
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

    #midnightermonday

    Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

    IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

  10. #2650
    Incredible Member ButterRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Is it worth picking up? I'm drastically cutting back and didn't want to pick it up, but keep pondering because its my two favorite Marvel ladies.
    Yes, absolutely. You heard this from me! I am difficult to please. Emma was written like the Emma from 2003-2007!! Best Emma ever. Very much like Kathryn Immonen's Emma.

  11. #2651
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Is it worth picking up? I'm drastically cutting back and didn't want to pick it up, but keep pondering because its my two favorite Marvel ladies.
    It's a must really. I never knew how much I needed the two of them in one book until it happened.

  12. #2652
    Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    NY, Bronx
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Marauders Info:

    MARAUDERS #1
    Written by Gerry Duggan
    Penciled by Matteo Lolli
    Cover by RUSSEL DAUTERMAN
    On sale October 2019
    THE X-MEN SAIL AT DAWN!
    Even in this glorious new dawn, Mutantkind faces hardships and oppression from their human counterparts. Led by Captain Kate Pryde and funded by Emma Frost and the Hellfire Trading Company, Marauders Storm, Pyro, Bishop and Iceman sail the seas of the world to protect those hated and feared!

    So apparently Emma is still in charge of the Hell Fire Club, not sure about the premise though.
    I canít wait for this book, nice to see Emma on a team again. Also I love the team for this book. It looks like it will be a very fun book.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

  13. #2653
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Is it worth picking up? I'm drastically cutting back and didn't want to pick it up, but keep pondering because its my two favorite Marvel ladies.
    If you're a Jessica fan it's definitely worth it. I bought it as a kite Emma fan and fell on love so went back and bought the first series. It's very well written and beautifully drawn.

  14. #2654
    Emma was right Gamall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Omg, that new cover. I think it’s the most beautiful and in-character costume that Emma ever had in her entire life.

  15. #2655
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Omg, that new cover. I think it’s the most beautiful and in-character costume that Emma ever had in her entire life.
    I disagree. She likes showing off her body, and this might be the most conservative outfit she's ever had.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •