Page 251 of 301 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    From AIPT's Twitter livestream: - “She’s arguably the most powerful person on Krakoa.” - @JHickman on #EmmaFrost.
    A bit much. She is one Psychic among many.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    A bit much. She is one Psychic among many.
    I think they are talking about how shes powerful in the sense of she runs sh*t in Krakoa, cause without her trading company a lot of what is happening in Krakoa would be difficult to achieve
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I think they are talking about how shes powerful in the sense of she runs sh*t in Krakoa, cause without her trading company a lot of what is happening in Krakoa would be difficult to achieve
    Not to mention She's the face of Krakoa, she is in charge of shipping the one item that places prominence upon the nation which is the drugs, she chose her 3rd seat and has a 50 year contract with X and Mags as the sole distributer of the product as well. She literally runs ****
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Seems like Emma fans really got a turn around from how dark things seemed at the beginning of the year.

Yeah, Emma really got thrown under the bus during that period when Jean was coming back. It is nice to see it even out again where it feels like she is an important member again instead of being someone to blame for things.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Not to mention She's the face of Krakoa, she is in charge of shipping the one item that places prominence upon the nation which is the drugs, she chose her 3rd seat and has a 50 year contract with X and Mags as the sole distributer of the product as well. She literally runs ****
    Exactly. There's more to power than just what you can do personally. If you can give an order and it is almost certain to be obeyed, then you have more power than just your personal reach.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, Emma really got thrown under the bus during that period when Jean was coming back. It is nice to see it even out again where it feels like she is an important member again instead of being someone to blame for things.
    I actually hope that they have Jean and Emma working together occasionally, just so that it's clear that they aren't shunting either of them to the side for once and they both get to be prominent in the books together at the same time.

I am definitely glad Emma is going to get a chance to shine over the next year. It does sound like her role on the books is mostly as a politician and ambassador of Krakoa along with being the CEO of the Hellfire Corporation. Still it's going to be interesting and I imagine she will get pulled along on missions from time to time.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Seems like Emma fans really got a turn around from how dark things seemed at the beginning of the year.
    Indeed. Her For the Children line was her best line of dialogue in years. I'm very curious to see her interactions with Scott under Hickman. It's clear both characters are amongst his favourites so there is potential for him to recapture the dynamic that made them interesting (as a character pairing, not a couple).

I'm sure some people will choose to remain miserable though, despite the obvious bright future for her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Indeed. Her For the Children line was her best line of dialogue in years. I'm very curious to see her interactions with Scott under Hickman. It's clear both characters are amongst his favourites so there is potential for him to recapture the dynamic that made them interesting (as a character pairing, not a couple).

I'm sure some people will choose to remain miserable though, despite the obvious bright future for her character.
    I liked Emma and Scott as a couple, but everything after IvX kind of made me feel that writers were making Emma into one of those women who can't live without her man and making her crazy without her man. I hated that so much because Emma was a strong character all through Generation X without needing to be defined by having a boyfriend, and in the early days of New X-Men she was still a fairly strong character without needing to be about the guy in her life.

I feel like she could use a break from Scott, I feel Jean could use a break from Scott too actually. I feel like Jean and Emma need to grow as characters without needing to be defined by whatever relationship they are in at any given time.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I liked Emma and Scott as a couple, but everything after IvX kind of made me feel that writers were making Emma into one of those women who can't live without her man and making her crazy without her man.
    That was because they wanted Cyclops to be Hitler, but fan backlash forced their hand, but rather than Marvel simply blame a villain like Maximus or The Shadow King, they put Emma in that role because someone there took personally that most fans sided with Scott and the X-men in AvX and wanted to force people to think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Like some of us said at the time, Rosenberg's run was designed as one last attempt for Marvel to force the narrative that Emma is a villain and Cyclops was evil and wrong in AvX and Schism because Hickman quite clearly doesn't think so.

BANNED

It must have been frustrating for JDW to cede to Hickman, because the current state of affairs seems far removed from JDW's ideal X-Men.

I mean, the guy said that he was Team Beast during Schism/AvX/Bendis. What sort of person could ever been Team Beast.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    It must have been frustrating for JDW to cede to Hickman, because the current state of affairs seems far removed from JDW's ideal X-Men.

I mean, the guy said that he was Team Beast during Schism/AvX/Bendis. What sort of person could ever been Team Beast.
    The kind of person that during Astonishing X-men tweeted that Emma was still a villain? Heh...

Mind you, this doesn't mean he's frustrated or anything by Hickman, specially with the books being as good as they are or seem to be now, just that he seems an illusion of change kind of guy, which of course is the rule in the big 2 management.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    From AIPT's Twitter livestream: - “She’s arguably the most powerful person on Krakoa.” - @JHickman on #EmmaFrost.
    She controls distribution of the precious drugs that Krakoa produces. I don't think it's arguable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That was because they wanted Cyclops to be Hitler, but fan backlash forced their hand, but rather than Marvel simply blame a villain like Maximus or The Shadow King, they put Emma in that role because someone there took personally that most fans sided with Scott and the X-men in AvX and wanted to force people to think otherwise.

Like some of us said at the time, Rosenberg's run was designed as one last attempt for Marvel to force the narrative that Emma is a villain and Cyclops was evil and wrong in AvX and Schism because Hickman quite clearly doesn't think so.
    If they wanted me to think Scott and Emma were the villains of AvX they should have written the story better.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If they wanted me to think Scott and Emma were the villains of AvX they should have written the story better.
    I don't blame AvX as much as I blame the setup. When you have Jason Aaron making the Schism argument hilariously one-sided, but heavily relied upon to feed into the event, you're going to get bad results.