Page 124 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Again, there's absolutely NOTHING she can do there that she can't do in the X-men. Eliminating threats to mutantkind? Can be done, and has been done there and in X-force. Use money to fight for mutantkind? Not only can be done, but you can add the resources of people like Warren, Sunspot, Xavier, etc. Protect and train mutant children and teens? Obviously has been done since 1963.

Meanwhile, being in the HFC not only makes it inevitable for her to become a villain again, but keeps her sidelined from the books, and makes her more exposed to threats, nothing less. Part of the reason Callahan got away with attacking and taking her was exactly that Emma couldn't call the X-men to help her. If she was with the team, they would look for her, or she could send a telepathic distress message.With her in the HFC, they didn't even knew she was missing.
    Did you miss the part where she sort of got kicked out of the X-Men? Sunspot isn’t part of the X-Men, Xavier is dead, Warren doesn’t even own his company anymore. So far, has she been portrayed as anything but a fighter for mutantkind while she’s been at the head of the HFC? She’s already built schools for mutant kids, which was her entire purpose in this role. What you’re describing hasn’t happened and won’t happen. The whole reason she’s there is to help mutant kids and that’s what she’s been doing.

Callahan was able to take down Havok, Karma and her New Mutants. Could the X-Men find them? If he really wanted to take down Emma, he probably would’ve had something planned out. Emma not getting captured would’ve only delayed the inevitable.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Did you miss the part where she sort of got kicked out of the X-Men? Sunspot isn’t part of the X-Men, Xavier is dead, Warren doesn’t even own his company anymore. So far, has she been portrayed as anything but a fighter for mutantkind while she’s been at the head of the HFC? She’s already built schools for mutant kids, which was her entire purpose in this role. What you’re describing hasn’t happened and won’t happen. The whole reason she’s there is to help mutant kids and that’s what she’s been doing.

Callahan was able to take down Havok, Karma and her New Mutants. Could the X-Men find them? If he really wanted to take down Emma, he probably would’ve had something planned out. Emma not getting captured would’ve only delayed the inevitable.
    Xavier isn't dead (Emma probably doesn't know that, though), Sunspot, while not a part of the X-men, could easily work with them, and there's other rich people associated with the team. And Emma could easily come to the X-men again, doesn't take that much effort, since they're even admitting freakin' Bishop back again and let Sabretooth in; with Scott back, it's a moot point anyway.

The difference with the NM is that at least the X-men knew they had to find the New Mutants, with Emma they had no idea, and she could have stayed there for months or years before anyone would even think of looking for her.

And again, all of Emma achieved or could achieve in the HFC could be achieved with her in the X-men, or even her working on her own. Being in the HFC not only has her sidelined, but it's a backdoor to villainy sooner or later.

Xavier isn't dead (Emma probably doesn't know that, though), Sunspot, while not a part of the X-men, could easily work with them, and there's other rich people associated with the team. And Emma could easily come to the X-men again, doesn't take that much effort, since they're even admitting freakin' Bishop back again and let Sabretooth in; with Scott back, it's a moot point anyway.

The difference with the NM is that at least the X-men knew they had to find the New Mutants, with Emma they had no idea, and she could have stayed there for months or years before anyone would even think of looking for her.

And again, all of Emma achieved or could achieve in the HFC could be achieved with her in the X-men, or even her working on her own. Being in the HFC not only has her sidelined, but it's a backdoor to villainy sooner or later.
    You keep calling it a backdoor for villainy. That’s not true, that’s only what you’ve interpreted from the text. It simply isn’t true, though. Xavier is dead to her and to all the X-Men except Psylocke, and he isn’t helping them with funds. Karma got kidnapped, too. Sunspot was as separated from the X-Men as Emma was and I’m pretty sure he ended up just as broke as the rest of them by the end of USAvengers/No Surrender. Some of the X-Men are rich but to compare that to an multi-national organization with reach everywhere, it’s silly to compare the two. Are there more than five billionaires available in the X-Men that could do what Emma’s doing on a global scale?

One reason I believe Black King status quo might be kept is that she was wearing the black costume in the HOX/POX promo picture. If everything is there for a reason, well then.

It also seems very possible she'll still be on the outs with the X-Men after the current Uncanny arc, perhaps even worse than before. I mean, even if the serum is fully neutralized and everyone who died is restored somehow, they'll likely still be pretty angry about her manipulating them as we've seen in her game with O.N.E. It was already shown what Wolverine thinks about it.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    One reason I believe Black King status quo might be kept is that she was wearing the black costume in the HOX/POX promo picture. If everything is there for a reason, well then.

It also seems very possible she'll still be on the outs with the X-Men after the current Uncanny arc, perhaps even worse than before. I mean, even if the serum is fully neutralized and everyone who died is restored somehow, they'll likely still be pretty angry about her manipulating them as we've seen in her game with O.N.E. It was already shown what Wolverine thinks about it.
    Which promo. Esme was wearing Black don't recall any other Emma promo stuff apart from the covers where she is in white

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Which promo. Esme was wearing Black don't recall any other Emma promo stuff apart from the covers where she is in white
    The one by Mark Brooks.

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...75050640924674

"Everything you see is on purpose."

The one by Mark Brooks.

Oh right Vulcan is there ��

Personally, I think it's a stupid move and a character regression for Emma to get involved with the HFC again, not to mention that it opens the door for, inevitably, some stupid writer use her as a villain because "if she's at the HFC again, she must be evil".
    She could certainly make some power moves and refocus the hellfire club to be a another option for mutants outside of the x-men, but this has been my biggest concern. With the X-offices track record with her its bound to happen.

Keep in mind Scott's in a different costume on the other covers as well

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Keep in mind Scott's in a different costume on the other covers as well
    Sure, that's why I said "might". The particular costumes may not be imporant, only the characters themselves.

Though at least the new characters and Jean seem to have the "correct" costumes on the promo, and Hickman basically said as well that characters would switch costumes according to artist preference and not be tied down to specific ones.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I don't see why Emma couldn't keep the Hellfire Club and rebrand it as a branch of the X-men. She could do her own thing and avoid being eventually vilified.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

The one by Mark Brooks.

Thank you for reminding that You have a point here. I haven´t noticed the obvious. Mark Brooks has placed her in a rather predominant place and right in the middle between Jean and Scott. How subtle... btw I have also noticed that Mark Brook´s avatar is.. Emma!
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I don't see why Emma couldn't keep the Hellfire Club and rebrand it as a branch of the X-men. She could do her own thing and avoid being eventually vilified.
    I agree. The HFC has tried to merge with the X-Men in the past.. and Emma was one of the main promoters.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Thank you for reminding that You have a point here. I haven´t noticed the obvious. Mark Brooks has placed her in a rather predominant place and right in the middle between Jean and Scott. How subtle... btw I have also noticed that Mark Brook´s avatar is.. Emma!
    Most of the genuine art from the actual books has been Emma in various white outfits. I think Hickman likes her as "White Queen" and will probably have her go back to white outfits.

There are a few things about that poster that bother me, it shows Firestar, but she is completely MIA in every single published book right now even though she did appear in Disassembled. Rachel is in that poster as the Phoenix, but I have this bad feeling that Rachel is on her way out as a character and I don't think she is going to come out of X-Force at all.

So Emma's costume probably doesn't mean anything on the promo poster, the art from the books seem to be portraying her as the white queen.

Now the only question I really have is when does HoX/PoX occur? It's one month in the lives of the X-Men from various perspectives. A lot of flashbacks to show how past events lead to the current event. I think a large number of characters are going to appear in flashbacks from past events. Hence why Firestar and Rachel are on the poster, Firestar could appear in flashbacks from Emma's life, Rachel can appear in flashbacks showing one of the past hosts of the Phoenix. There isn't going to be any time travel, but they are going to revisit past events in flashback to show how those events link to what is happening in the "month".

I honestly don't care if Emma is on the HFC or with the X-Men. As long as she is written in character, and not the stupid evil villain we've gotten in the mainline X-books, then I'm happy. It isn't much to ask.