Page 153 of 301 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Williams might, if she's around for the new creative slate. She's pretty protective of Emma. And if Emma ends up in a Duggan book, at least she's at least likely to be treated well.
    I don't think editorial see her that way. There' been this theme of being taken for granted going all the way back to Fraction. Once mentioned in Gillens run. And never addressed again despite her going out of her way to protect mutants. Hell they had her have a suicide ideation in ivx. Had her go crazy.

And the only thing Cyclops can say to her after he asked her to not let it end this way. Is spoilers:
    shut up
    end of spoilers

She should’ve said to Scott to **** off after he goes break her out of jail to help him, back in the beginning of Bendis run, it would have saved her from so much bullshit and embarrassment

Well now I can only hope new era of X-men treats her better...

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    She should’ve said to Scott to **** off after he goes break her out of jail to help him, back in the beginning of Bendis run, it would have saved her from so much bullshit and embarrassment

Well hope new era of X-men treats her better...
    That's exactly it. He begged her to join him and we'll this...

Like really spoilers:
    having her stay there for the group shot was unnecessary
    end of spoilers

House of X had spoilers
    spoilers:
    Banshee is alive
    end of spoilers

Not much Emma but her and the stepford Cuckoo's are listed as character that show up

Last issue of Powers of X also had Emma and the Cuckoos in the cover, so I think they'll be both quite relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Last issue of Powers of X also had Emma and the Cuckoos in the cover, so I think they'll be both quite relevant.
    I saw that too. I'm looking forward to that. Emma hasn't really interacted much with the Cuckoos since Death of X. I'd like to see them reconnect. I think Emma is in an interesting position right now. She can be either the X-Men's best ally or worst enemy. That's usually when Emma is at her best.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

While Rosenberg's run is a complete disaster, there's the upside that everything in this run will be completely forgotten and never mentioned again so much it can be considered out of continuity spoilers:
    The fact Banshee and Sabretooth are alive and well in HoX is a clear indicator of this (the preview today says Shaw will show up, although it's possible, even if unlikely, it will only be in the past), so this has no bearing on anything that happens- Emma being "EEEEEEEEEVIL" and being blamed for everything that goes wrong, Jean kissing Scott, he being a boyscout, etc, none of this really matters since this is Rosenberg and JDW's fanfiction for a X-men that never left 1985
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I saw that too. I'm looking forward to that. Emma hasn't really interacted much with the Cuckoos since Death of X. I'd like to see them reconnect. I think Emma is in an interesting position right now. She can be either the X-Men's best ally or worst enemy. That's usually when Emma is at her best.
    I like your optimism, hope your right! After this UXM run, I am wayy more skeptical, let's wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    I like your optimism, hope your right! After this UXM run, I am wayy more skeptical, let's wait and see
    Like I said, we have to remember nothing in this run will matter the slightest. Although of course, we have to hope Emma's in Hickman's main roster (and there's a good chance of this), because if depends on our dear editor alone, she will be a crazy evil bitch, like she was on Rosenberg's run.

I didn't mind that Emma was in the group shot. I also think people weren't angry at her about the memory wipe thing, they all talked it out and decided to reverse it. I think the only reason they reversed the wipe was because with all the X-Men returned it was possible to stand united as a team. Emma was front and centre as a member of the X-Men standing in front which makes it seem like she is one of the leaders of the team and that was being broadcast to the world. Magneto was even there presented as a member of the team too!

I am not invested in the relationships and Emma acted disappointed that Jean and Scott were back together but she didn't blow up or anything, and she still stayed and talked out whether they should reverse the wipe or not. The only one who was angry with Emma was Logan, and he calmed down after Hope explained what happened to him.

I was hoping that some of the deaths would be addressed, I was hoping that Illyana would be rescued/recovered. So I honestly don't know how all the deaths are going to get addressed. At least Emma comes out of this appearing to be back on the X-Men and no one seemed to resent her presence at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I didn't mind that Emma was in the group shot. I also think people weren't angry at her about the memory wipe thing, they all talked it out and decided to reverse it. I think the only reason they reversed the wipe was because with all the X-Men returned it was possible to stand united as a team. Emma was front and centre as a member of the X-Men standing in front which makes it seem like she is one of the leaders of the team and that was being broadcast to the world. Magneto was even there presented as a member of the team too!

I am not invested in the relationships and Emma acted disappointed that Jean and Scott were back together but she didn't blow up or anything, and she still stayed and talked out whether they should reverse the wipe or not. The only one who was angry with Emma was Logan, and he calmed down after Hope explained what happened to him.

I was hoping that some of the deaths would be addressed, I was hoping that Illyana would be rescued/recovered. So I honestly don't know how all the deaths are going to get addressed. At least Emma comes out of this appearing to be back on the X-Men and no one seemed to resent her presence at the end.
    Yes, for Emma this run did not really have much of a effect regarding status quo. You can argue she was badly written (and I will not gainsay you!) but so was basically everyone else. Pretty forgettable in the end except for the dead characters, but that will probably be ignored when someone wants to use them next time.

It's over now, so onto Hickman. Hoping for some interesting announcements this Saturday, and maybe even some Q&A:s about Emma on Hickman's Sunday session.

The deaths won't be addressed at all (since Hickman thought and wrote HoX before all this), hence why nothing here matters in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Pretty forgettable in the end except for the dead characters, but that will probably be ignored when someone wants to use them next time.
    For at least two of them, the next time is HoX #1.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Yes, for Emma this run did not really have much of a effect regarding status quo. You can argue she was badly written (and I will not gainsay you!) but so was basically everyone else. Pretty forgettable in the end except for the dead characters, but that will probably be ignored when someone wants to use them next time.

It's over now, so onto Hickman. Hoping for some interesting announcements this Saturday, and maybe even some Q&A:s about Emma on Hickman's Sunday session.
    Yeah, I still hate the run, I just felt that they ended it with Magneto and Emma appearing to be core members of the X-Men. That group shot at the end really emphasizes that they are a united team.

But this run was horrible and like others I honestly don't understand how destroying Cerebra actually reversed the wipe, I figured Jean or Emma would actually have to do something. They did show that Emma was having to hook up regularly to maintain the wipe so maybe that's the point, with the decision not to keep it maintained it ended up reversing.

Lol, in the end Rosenberg is a horrible writer and it's not just Emma's characterization that suffered here. I am not as angry as I thought I would be because at least Emma was treated like a member of the X-Men at the end of the series.

Oh, I just had a thought actually.

I bet Emma and Magneto being in the group shot was mandated by Hickman. Rosenberg was probably told that he had to wrap the series up with Emma and Magneto as members of the X-Men and not as villains.

Haha, I hope Rosenberg choked on that, I know he dislikes Emma and it must have galled him to have to keep her on the team and in the group shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Oh, I just had a thought actually.

I bet Emma and Magneto being in the group shot was mandated by Hickman. Rosenberg was probably told that he had to wrap the series up with Emma and Magneto as members of the X-Men and not as villains.

Haha, I hope Rosenberg choked on that, I know he dislikes Emma and it must have galled him to have to keep her on the team and in the group shot.
    That probably hurts more for JDW "X-men have to be heroes", remember?