Page 106 of 301 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Anteeways, I'm excited for Hickman's plans with Emma. People are probably burnt out with Scemma, but I feel like he might be taking the Gillen approach to their relationship where Scott needs her to be an effective leader.
    Strongly doubt that will happen, this launch is about reclaiming the X-Men's old popularity and presence in pop culture, so if any pairings are to be focused on it will be the most popular ones. You can infer those from the released preview art and covers; Hickman may or may not have his own preferences, but he also has a job to do, and that comes first.

We also know Emma will get more focus on the outside of the X-Men proper, both from what JDW has revealed in X-Men Monday and also strongly hinted from the preview art so far. Looks like she's co-operating with Magneto, Toad, Sabretooth and Mystique; this could be the reason for their current team-up in Rosenberg's Uncanny, to lead into that somewhat.

Speak for yourself I'll never be burned out of Scemma. If anything my wish is for Marvel to get out of their long term / marriage hateboner and have the most unexpected woman to get hitched.

If you think about it Marvel has pretty much destroyed every long term relationship in their books except Reed and Sue for the sake of "drama". Why can't they put at least a bit of normalcy in this world. Frankly they're not writing this stuff for kids but for us, who grew up with these characters, and I would assume mostly are married or in stable long term relationships

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squall13 View Post
    Speak for yourself I'll never be burned out of Scemma. If anything my wish is for Marvel to get out of their long term / marriage hateboner and have the most unexpected woman to get hitched.

If you think about it Marvel has pretty much destroyed every long term relationship in their books except Reed and Sue for the sake of "drama". Why can't they put at least a bit of normalcy in this world. Frankly they're not writing this stuff for kids but for us, who grew up with these characters, and I would assume mostly are married or in stable long term relationships
    Well Luke & Jessica are not ruined yet. Other than those 2 exceptions, yeah Marvel is against marriage. But long-term serial monogamy or dating is open. Storm x Black Panther got their marriage annulled, and are right back together again without the vows.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Strongly doubt that will happen, this launch is about reclaiming the X-Men's old popularity and presence in pop culture, so if any pairings are to be focused on it will be the most popular ones. You can infer those from the released preview art and covers; Hickman may or may not have his own preferences, but he also has a job to do, and that comes first.

We also know Emma will get more focus on the outside of the X-Men proper, both from what JDW has revealed in X-Men Monday and also strongly hinted from the preview art so far. Looks like she's co-operating with Magneto, Toad, Sabretooth and Mystique; this could be the reason for their current team-up in Rosenberg's Uncanny, to lead into that somewhat.
    Today, Marvel needs Hickman in the X-men more than the other way around, and he seemingly is sending the X-men to Mars. I hardly doubt they'll impose Scott and Jean together on him if he doesn't want to. Also, that very first cover we've been told everyone there was in a position for a reason, has Emma right in the middle of the two of them. I imagine they'll explore the triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Ah, so you mean Jean x Wolverine? What?! The movies made them very popular!

When is the next UXM due? any previews?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I think next week, but I haven't seen any previews.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    June 5 and UXM #20 on June 19

Amazing Member

So say an Emma fan who fell off after the horrible ending to IvX wanted to catch back up with her, what would he have to read?

Quote Originally Posted by bishopcruz View Post
    So say an Emma fan who fell off after the horrible ending to IvX wanted to catch back up with her, what would he have to read?
    X-Men Black: Emma Frost & the Jean Grey solo issues #8-10.

You could look up her appearances in Secret Empire and X-Men Blue too, but it's nothing that's likely to matter hugely going forward.

She's just started appearing in Uncanny X-Men as of #17 (where she's mentioned), but the run is pretty dreadful IMO, and mostly people are waiting for Hickman's House of X / Powers of X to kick off this Summer, since Emma is featured prominently in the teasers so far.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    X-Men Black: Emma Frost & the Jean Grey solo issues #8-10.

You could look up her appearances in Secret Empire and X-Men Blue too, but it's nothing that's likely to matter hugely going forward.

She's just started appearing in Uncanny X-Men as of #17 (where she's mentioned), but the run is pretty dreadful IMO, and mostly people are waiting for Hickman's House of X / Powers of X to kick off this Summer, since Emma is featured prominently in the teasers so far.
    Ok, thanks. I'll hold my nose and give the Jean Grey book a shot I guess. Teen Grey may actually have been my least favorite character in recent years, but if the Emma stuff is good I'll try.

Ok, thanks. I'll hold my nose and give the Jean Grey book a shot I guess. Teen Grey may actually have been my least favorite character in recent years, but if the Emma stuff is good I'll try.
    Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter. Emma is one of Jessica's allies in that series, and the writer is very good at doing the banter between Jessica and Emma. Lol, it helps that they are both incredibly sarcastic characters so they play off each other well. Plus the art is really well done, but then it was a deluxe series so each book was like 2 comics in one, and it was a total of 3 parts.

Ha, it's a really good series though, with a fun take on Emma and Jean, and it involves something significant that actually could get referenced, whereas I would be surprised if New Tian and Mothervine came up again.

X-Men Black Emma Frost is great, and sets up her new status quo (that may not matter but still, it's a fun one-shot).

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter. Emma is one of Jessica's allies in that series, and the writer is very good at doing the banter between Jessica and Emma. Lol, it helps that they are both incredibly sarcastic characters so they play off each other well. Plus the art is really well done, but then it was a deluxe series so each book was like 2 comics in one, and it was a total of 3 parts.
    Oh dang, forgot this - it's also more great Emma Frost. She steals the show even as a supporting character, but I don't mean to imply that the main story isn't good, because it really, really is!

I hated Teen Jean, but her solo was well done, and Emma's appearances in that are great.
    Agreed on X-Men Black and Jessica Jones.
    Uncanny-wise - it depends on what Hickman ends up doing with her...

Amazing Member

Ok, Xmen Black was AWESOME! Jumped in for Teen Grey issues 9-10, which were great as well. Issue 9 might have been great just because Jean was knocked out for the entire issue, but 10 wasn't hurt by her being around. Not to mention I did finally get too see Teen Jean die. There was a catharsis there. Issue 11 made not a lick of sense to me, but that's probably due to me not reading the rest of the book, or Phoenix Ressurection, still... awesome Emma. I might go back and read the rest. Hopeless is hit or miss for me... but the Emma dialog got me a lot of good will. I was worried it would be worse than the Iceman solo, and it was miles better, thank the maker.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Jessica Jones and Emma banter? SIGN ME UP!!!