Page 135 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 4503

Unfortunately, the only way to have Emma appear and not be stupidly evil is for Rosenberg's entire run to simply be forgotten. If it gets brought up at all, it completely submarines any idea of her being "good" "balanced" or "brave" or "competent".

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Unfortunately, the only way to have Emma appear and not be stupidly evil is for Rosenberg's entire run to simply be forgotten. If it gets brought up at all, it completely submarines any idea of her being "good" "balanced" or "brave" or "competent".
    I do not know if many people would be upset about this, really.

Yeah, it really depends on how Uncanny ends. If they end it with Scott and Logan acting like Emma is the worst being in the universe that doesn't carry forward very well. If something gets revealed at the end that shows Emma was trying to be a hero all along then it carries forward better.

As much as I disliked X-Force and Rachel being enslaved for almost the entire run, it's wrapping up to put all the characters where Hickman can use them or not as he chooses. On the other hand Uncanny and Rosenberg can't seem to make up his mind if Emma is the ultimate villain or not. First they show us being tortured until she finally broke. Then they showed that every time Emma put up any resistance against Callahan he killed Vanisher, and had his men beat up Marrow and droped Marrow at Emma's feet to show Emma that Callahan was tracking everyone she was close to. I personally feel like Emma has been trapped the whole time with barely any breathing room. What little breathing room Emma had she used to help Scott, Logan, Illyana, Dani, Karma, Jamie, Alex, etc...

But then you have the synopsis say that Emma is the greatest traitor ever for giving up the cure. It's like Rosenberg knows he is stuck partly portraying Emma as being a good person, but he still wants us all to hate and despise her like a villain. I honestly think they are a bit pissed that no matter how hard they try to sell "villain" Emma that a large number of the fans don't see her that way.

So whether Hickman likes Emma or not, he may just stick with what he as given as his starting point. I am going to be pissed off if HoX/PoX portrays Emma and Sebastian as friends working together again. They frigging hate each other, they have hated and despised each other for years. There is no way those two would ever work together unless someone forced them to work together. Emma would just as soon shoot Sebastian in the head than look at him again.

Bleh, I honestly don't know at this point. It's obvious that JDW and Rosenberg both want Emma to go back to the 70's and early 80's and be a complete crazy villain that hates the X-Men.

The only thing good to come out of Rosenberg's run is that the NMs no longer have the TO virus but even that is just Rosenberg fixxing a mess that he created.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The only thing good to come out of Rosenberg's run is that the NMs no longer have the TO virus but even that is just Rosenberg fixxing a mess that he created.
    Yeah, I agree with you there. I even thought he captured Karma's feelings really well when she was talking to Dark Beast about how she is just as disliked as he is. That was one of the few well written moments in the series.

It's not over yet, have to wait and see what happens.

And if the worst case scenario comes true, well, we already have to ignore and suppress IvX, adding one more story to that pile does not require that much extra effort.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    It's not over yet, have to wait and see what happens.

And if the worst case scenario comes true, well, we already have to ignore and suppress IvX, adding one more story to that pile does not require that much extra effort.
    While true, it does give certain posters here more ammo to spout about Emma always being evil and worthless and a self-serving coward. Especially since IvX at least had her acting with noble intentions, even if it was dumb. Uncanny right now is just her being stupid evil for no reason.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's like Trump praising himself for stopping a pointless attack on Iran at the last minute. YOU CAUSED THE PROBLEM, FOOL!

While true, it does give certain posters here more ammo to spout about Emma always being evil and worthless and a self-serving coward. Especially since IvX at least had her acting with noble intentions, even if it was dumb. Uncanny right now is just her being stupid evil for no reason.
    Hm, I'd say being coerced by a US government agency via a bomb in your head is a reason at least.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Hm, I'd say being coerced by a US government agency via a bomb in your head is a reason at least.
    Caused entirely by her giving in and giving up the cure after her HFC was completely overwhelmed by the TM Virus New Mutants. It looks really bad at the moment.

Caused entirely by her giving in and giving up the cure after her HFC was completely overwhelmed by the TM Virus New Mutants. It looks really bad at the moment.
    The cure is "only" really needed to inoculate future generations against the mutant "disease". Callahan could have done everything else he has done without it, just using regular bombs instead of cure bombs, the end result would be pretty much the same judging by what happened to Vanisher.

Well they did show her being tortured for a few weeks so we do know she didn't give up immediately.

I doubt Rosenberg would actually do this, but it would be interesting if they flashback to the moment the O.N.E. tuned the collar down and Emma reached out to contact Jean for help. They could even have Jean say that she was trying to stop Nate and Legion and tell Emma to do whatever was necessary to escape the O.N.E. It would be interesting anyway, if Emma had actually reached out to someone in that moment for help.

I guess they could end Uncanny with the reveal that X had been using Emma and the HFC for his own purposes the whole time.

I can not stop thinking about the idiocy of "a bomb with the vaccine in your brain".

Instead of, you know, just a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I can not stop thinking about the idiocy of "a bomb with the vaccine in your brain".

Instead of, you know, just a bomb.
    I believe it was because Callahan wasn't sure if her diamond form would stop the blast of a just a bomb, so the vaccine would take her powers even in diamond form.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I believe it was because Callahan wasn't sure if her diamond form would stop the blast of a just a bomb, so the vaccine would take her powers even in diamond form.
    Would the vaccine even work if she was a diamond?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia