Page 203 of 301 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 4503
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Her doing shady things is fine. Her backstabbing all of the X-Men so she can kick puppies isn't. The former is who she is. The latter is a fundamental misunderstanding of the character post 1987.
    Right. Can you point out the part of that solicit that talked about her kicking puppies resulting in this OTT reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Right. Can you point out the part of that solicit that talked about her kicking puppies resulting in this OTT reaction.
    You can believe that they would 180 on their current route for the character. I'm going but what they've done for the last four years, and the solicit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You can believe that they would 180 on their current route for the character. I'm going but what they've done for the last four years, and the solicit.
    Solicits don't mean anything.

So you are going to tar these writers as whatever and write them off before even reading their comics because of the way Rosenberg wrote her? Hardly seems logical. This is a new era and she's one of Hickmans pet characters.

Chances are she will likely be antagonistic towards Kitty and Storm at times, and may do some underhanded things to further her own goals, but that's Emma Frost.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 08-19-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Solicits don't mean anything.

So you are going to tar these writers as whatever and write them off before even reading their comics because of the way Rosenberg wrote her? Hardly seems logical. This is a new era and she's one of Hickmans pet characters.

Chances are she will likely be antagonistic towards Kitty and Storm at times, and may do some underhanded things to further her own goals, but that's Emma Frost. If the idea of that bothers you i can point you in the direction of the Jean Grey appreciation thread.
    Emma cares about 1) Her students 2) Mutantkind's survival 3) Herself in that order. Having her sell out 1 or 2 like Bunn, Rosenberg, and Soule did hurts the character. While it would be nice for Hickman to do differently, I have yet to see any reason to be optimistic. Marvel changes head writers all the time, and they always promise the moon to the audience. But I'm expecting to be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong.

BANNED

Personally I'd switch numbers 1 & 3 but ymmv.

I think it is the correct order… putting herself first was the 80´s Emma... the evolution of the character is that now Students and Mutantkind come first… Humankind.. 4th? ;-)
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

I think it's the correct order as well. And I like Snoop so far. But I think the overreaction re: the usual solicits is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I think it is the correct order… putting herself first was the 80´s Emma... the evolution of the character is that now Students and Mutantkind come first… Humankind.. 4th? ;-)
    Agreed, it's already been shown that she would die for her students.

I will say this Gerry is great he's not Rosenberg he loves Emma. And there is no reason why Emma's motivation would be to enrich herself as she's already very rich. I think Gerry will bring back Emma in all her glory

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, and again, the source is a deleted post from Reddit. I remember last year someone posted that Hickman would take over the X-books (which is something many speculated for years), but it would be in January, Uncanny and Adjectiveless, Sunspot leading one of the teams, mentioned nothing about House of X and P10, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I mean in AOA she had brain surgery to remove the part of her brain that made her a mutant and joined the human league council. And after M-Day she didn't show too much concern for her students once they lost their powers(moments before they were blown up).

Anyway, you could make each argument depending on issues cited. Not really interested in starting debate, just pointing out that it's baffling to complain about Emma Frost behaving less than upstandingly.

I mean in AOA she had brain surgery to remove the part of her brain that made her a mutant and joined the human league council. And after M-Day she didn't show too much concern for her students once they lost their powers(moments before they were blown up).

Anyway, you could make each argument depending on issues cited. Not really interested in starting debate, just pointing out that it's baffling to complain about Emma Frost behaving less than upstandingly.
    That's not correct. I'm not sure if you're deliberately ignoring Decimation or you just missed childhoods end. Because she actually DID show concern for those decimated in the Day After as well as in New X-Men and after the bus attack.

Her plan was to put the depowered students out of harms reach. They would go home and they would be safe and they would be the catalyst to bring about a utopian mutant future. Which is why Nimrod had to come back in time and kill them as he had no record of them. He then got Stryker to coerce Jay Guthrie into giving them a time and location of their departure and attacked the bus. Emma is shown distraught after so that first paragraph is false

It is also revealed in AoA that she was faking and she actually had her powers and was working for Dr. Doom

Lots of deletions and a few edits this morning.

- This is an Appreciation thread, so let's see less disparagement.

- Don't accuse others of trolling or bad behavior. If you feel someone is out of line, use the Report feature and don't respond. [See Rules link below]

- Be civil and don't insult people.

Let's get back to Appreciating Emma and lay off the squabbling and name calling.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I find Emma endlessly more interesting than Jean and always have. There is a reason OG Jean stayed in the dirt as long as she did and a big part of that is Emma Frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    Its stuff like that will always end in a fight. KEEP THAT TO YOURSELF MY DEAR
    Nah, this is Emma's thread. Stan her all you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Lots of deletions and a few edits this morning.

- This is an Appreciation thread, so let's see less disparagement.

- Don't accuse others of trolling or bad behavior. If you feel someone is out of line, use the Report feature and don't respond. [See Rules link below]

- Be civil and don't insult people.

Let's get back to Appreciating Emma and lay off the squabbling and name calling.
    Thanks for cleaning up the thread Gaelforce!

Astonishing Member

people are reading too much into solicits