Page 235 of 301 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I really don't want Selene in this. I think Selene in the hellfire club was as big of a failure as Amara pretty much. The Hellfire Club is for businessmen, not for thousands of years old vampire witch that wants to take the life essence of everyone and lived in a roman city in the Amazonas.

Sublime could be in the hellfire club, Selene always feels very off, like taking a panther to an office
    That is a good summary of Selene in the HFC and that is why I really like her here.. it puts all the distinguised billionaires very away from their zone of comfort and raises their stress levels... isnīt it wonderful? Only Emma was there to counterbalance her...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    That is a good summary of Selene in the HFC and that is why I really like her here.. it puts all the distinguised billionaires very away from their zone of comfort and raises their stress levels... isnīt it wonderful? Only Emma was there to counterbalance her...
    Selene tried to kill Emma because she wore black once. She's been in black for a few years now, I imagine Selene is going to be quite mad now.

Wait, why are we assuming is Selene now?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Wait, why are we assuming is Selene now?
    Well would Selene allow her moniker from being taken from her

Anyway it says Queen. So maybe it's not Black Queen maybe it's a different colour

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wish HiX-Man had expounded a bit more on the risk effects on telepaths for using their telepathy to 'influence" to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wish HiX-Man had expounded a bit more on the risk effects on telepaths for using their telepathy to 'influence" to others.
    It might come up later, like remnants of those people's psyche's staying in your head after. Perhaps, Emma will someday suffer from a mild form of Schizophrenia that might eventually become progressive. It's not like Xavier didn't already have this happen to him once with Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It might come up later, like remnants of those people's psyche's staying in your head after. Perhaps, Emma will someday suffer from a mild form of Schizophrenia that might eventually become progressive. It's not like Xavier didn't already have this happen to him once with Onslaught.
    Ah, yes!!! Onslought. RG you are awesome!
    Maybe it was a sly reference to that moment in Xavier's history... as he did with Jean and Storm, and Monet's iteractions...especially with the way Emma brushes off the warning.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-21-2019 at 09:45 AM.

It's living with the terms that you forced your will on to someone. Hickman is saying mental coercion even for a telepath is something that should not make the telepath feel good. And Emma being reformed is a slippery slope back to where she was

I like that her response was baisically: "Yeah, whatever...buy me something shiny" LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I like that her response was baisically: "Yeah, whatever...buy me something shiny" LOL.
    I loved that for Emma she would actually be satisfied with something shiny if Xavier decided not to give her political power. As long as you buy me a pretty present I will be happy!

I think there is a part of Emma that wants to just be acknowledged for the help she gives. So for her a present is perfectly satisfactory because it shows that you appreciated her work and effort. Of course Xavier pretty much outright said he has bigger plans for her going forward.

There is something ominous in Xavier's treatment of Emma, just as there is with Jean, there is an element that both of them are being guided and controlled. He is using their talents and strengths, but I feel a lot of their independence has been undermined. Emma is a very skeptical person, she acts in those last two issues like she has 100% drunk the Kool Aid.

It would make sense that Xavier would keep close tabs on the two telepaths who could possibly undermine him. God help him if Emma and Jean ever work together in alliance against him, they have defeated him before when they worked together.

Personally, I've been staying clear off the in-story speculations train...for the most part. For all intents and purposes, and until he proves me wrong, I choose to believe HiX-Man is telling a pretty straightforward story with these characters.
    The main hook (for me) is that it's an entirely different type of X-Men story both in scale and context to anything that came before. So I'm not looking too closely to what the intrapersonal character-machinations might foretell.
    If anything, I would say HiX-Man has just stripped these characters to their truest, natural and basic essences upon which writers will build going forward...much like what he's done with the Mutants in general, with this story.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-21-2019 at 11:09 AM.

I loved that for Emma she would actually be satisfied with something shiny if Xavier decided not to give her political power. As long as you buy me a pretty present I will be happy!

I think there is a part of Emma that wants to just be acknowledged for the help she gives. So for her a present is perfectly satisfactory because it shows that you appreciated her work and effort. Of course Xavier pretty much outright said he has bigger plans for her going forward.

There is something ominous in Xavier's treatment of Emma, just as there is with Jean, there is an element that both of them are being guided and controlled. He is using their talents and strengths, but I feel a lot of their independence has been undermined. Emma is a very skeptical person, she acts in those last two issues like she has 100% drunk the Kool Aid.

It would make sense that Xavier would keep close tabs on the two telepaths who could possibly undermine him. God help him if Emma and Jean ever work together in alliance against him, they have defeated him before when they worked together.
    I can see Emma being totally on board about a mutant nation, especially when she can earn something from it. She was 100% pro Utopia and tried to make herself a mutant nation with New Tian. She even was working as a teacher on Genosha.
    This is the third time she helped found a mutant nation now that I think about it xd.

I liked that Xavier's diplomatic group (Emma and Beast) was basically the same as New Tian's. It gives a sense of continuity to the different attempts of mutant nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I can see Emma being totally on board about a mutant nation, especially when she can earn something from it. She was 100% pro Utopia and tried to make herself a mutant nation with New Tian. She even was working as a teacher on Genosha.
    This is the third time she helped found a mutant nation now that I think about it xd.
    You know I had forgotten how big of an advocate Emma is for the mutants forming a nation. She was so onboard with Genosha that she gave up everything to just be a teacher there, she thought the "dream" had be achieved and she could just be the school teacher she always wanted to be.

You know I had forgotten how big of an advocate Emma is for the mutants forming a nation. She was so onboard with Genosha that she gave up everything to just be a teacher there, she thought the "dream" had be achieved and she could just be the school teacher she always wanted to be.
    There was also the whole Adrienne murder thing mixed into that if I remember correctly, right? But yeah, her stance on Genosha and Magneto's ways was pretty clear from that infamous "top class breeding" page. And with all the mutant massacres she's been involved in, I can totally see that.