Page 164 of 301 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I wouldn't accept any reconciliation unless his behaviour here is addressed on panel. Blocking up cerebra in her hands, telling her to shut up. Just comes across as spiteful
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    In his limited defense, Scott used to tell Emma to shut up when they were together.
    the thing that makes the most sense is that he's essentially merged with his younger self and has all those memories and experiences. Teen Scott hated Emma. That would explain Scott having a low opinion of her especially since she used her powers to manipulate him and the others just as she did when he was younger, which he hated her for

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the thing that makes the most sense is that he's essentially merged with his younger self and has all those memories and experiences. Teen Scott hated Emma. That would explain Scott having a low opinion of her especially since she used her powers to manipulate him and the others just as she did when he was younger, which he hated her for
    It would make the most sense, since Scott was basically Tott this entire run, complete with being comically inept, self-loathing, and not a single shred of likeability.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is the same. nostalgia, both are if you paint it that way.
    Scott and Jean can have stories regardless if they are or not together or with someone else, the only one that lost that potential is Emma (which is tragic) but that doesn't mean is the others fault. That would have happened if Scott were with someone else other than her, even if that was Jean or not.
    again not Jean or jott fault.
    Like I said, the potential for stories is much smaller for Scott and Jean together rather than with Emma, SPECIALLY for Jean. There would never be an X-men: Red if Scott was alive and they were together, while Emma being with Scott there's a natural friction and tension of her with the X-men, the fact nearly all of them prefer Jean, and the fact she automatically ends up getting a leadership role over people that wouldn't follow her normally.

It would make the most sense, since Scott was basically Tott this entire run, complete with being comically inept, self-loathing, and not a single shred of likeability.
    Yep. Of course, that fact isn't even mentioned. If they wanted Scott not with Emma anymore, there's an easy argument there- "Emma, I love you, but my younger self hated your guts, and I have some conflicting feelings, so it's best we're not together, OK?". How hard would that be?
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 07-18-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah, and he cheated on Jean. Not like he hasn't been crappy to her too, along with making out with his mistress over her grave, and said mistress certainly had no respect for his wife.

So in honesty, not like Scott treated Jean much better.

I just find it odd that saying "shut up" is more triggering than infidelity.
    He cheated on Jean after their marriage fell apart. He never trash talked Jean. He never told her to shut up. He never insulted her as she was dead. He never demanded things and treated her with zero respect.

He treated her like Magneto treats Toad. Rosenberg wrote them like Vokdemort and Bellatrix Lestrange

He cheated on Jean after their marriage fell apart. He never trash talked Jean. He never told her to shut up. He never demanded things and treated her with zero respect.

He treated her like Magneto treats Toad. Rosenberg wrote them like Vokdemort and Bellatrix Lestrange
    Eww... also accurate. That's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah, and he cheated on Jean. Not like he hasn't been crappy to her too, along with making out with his mistress over her grave, and said mistress certainly had no respect for his wife.

So in honesty, not like Scott treated Jean much better.

I just find it odd that saying "shut up" is more triggering than infidelity.
    You're trying to compare everyone's wrongs that they've ever done when that's not the issue at hand. It's all about the now. This very issue he was written to be so rude to Emma unnecessarily. "Enough, Emma." How hard would that have been? Same message, as a writer, but makes the character come off less asshole-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Meh. I don't think Teen Scott's memories, opinions, and emotions would overrule the ones Adult Scott had.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Like I said, the potential for stories is much smaller for Scott and Jean together rather than with Emma, SPECIALLY for Jean. There would never be an X-men: Red if Scott was alive and they were together.
    I'm not attacking scemma but you seem to be always attacking jott like if that helps you in anything.
    Are you sure about Red? Jean as Scott both can exist with or without a relationship with each other or with other people.
    You know that as he did for Emma, or any girl he would date Scott props up characters not the opposite.
    but hey you can keep repeating the same thing you have done in your last three replies.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm not attacking scemma but you seem to be always attacking jott like if that helps you in anything.
    Are you sure about Red? Jean as Scott both can exist with or without a relationship with each other or with other people.
    You know that as he did for Emma, or any girl he would date Scott props up characters not the opposite.
    but hey you can keep repeting the same thing you have done in your last three replies.
    I don't think Omega Alpha is attacking Jott. They are pointing out that "perfect" relationships in comics tend to get torn apart because they don't make for good drama. So Jott fans need to be wary about Marvel tearing them apart again for drama's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Meh. I don't think Teen Scott's memories, opinions, and emotions would overrule the ones Adult Scott had.
    Im trying to make sense of it since Rosenberg didnt bother to. I dont think his memories overuled the ones Adult Scott had bc if they had, he would have been worse to her. Scott here seemed annoyed with Emma whereas the teen version hated her. I dont think Scott hates her

I don't think Omega Alpha is attacking Jott. They are pointing out that "perfect" relationships in comics tend to get torn apart because they don't make for good drama. So Jott fans need to be wary about Marvel tearing them apart again for drama's sake.
    This, Logan shlong will just have to wait a bit longer i guess. Especially since he will get a massive push in the MCU.

Jean looks very broody looking at him in those Hickman pages

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

They are going the tear them apart of course (if they are even together, I don't think they are.) I just don't think it is fair to blame whatever happened to Emma on Jean or jott. They suffered the same (just for longer)

He cheated on Jean after their marriage fell apart. He never trash talked Jean. He never told her to shut up. He never insulted her as she was dead. He never demanded things and treated her with zero respect.

Scott did try to kill Jean in Endsong when all he knew was that she was back. Remember the "we have to kill my wife" line (may not exact quote but it is close). Or the times that he acted like Jean was bad for him? So yeah he kind of does trash talks his past flames. Trapped in his mind with all his ex-girlfriends he told Emma he was in hell.

But yes I agree that Scott was disrespecting Emma and it came from the author. Rosenberg sees Emma as a villain and he's team Scott and Jean. Rosenberg should have handled Emma better for sure.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

He cheated on Jean after their marriage fell apart. He never trash talked Jean. He never told her to shut up. He never demanded things and treated her with zero respect.

The marriage was having issues, but rather than try to fix things with this woman he supposedly loves & respects, he'd rather go fuck another woman. Still not seeing any respect given to end the relationship BEFORE searching for other people.

Honestly, this is probably OT and should be in the Rectangle thread. This is Emma's thread, and her fans have the right to vent in piece if they feel she was treated like crap by Scott. I was just seeing that his "shut up" seemed to be coming up a lot, whereas I never saw that as a big deal. But everyone has their own standard. Some women & men I know call each other "bitch" and "ho" on a casual basis. THAT I wouldn't be ok with, but plenty around here are. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Scott did try to kill Jean in Endsong when all he knew was that she was back. Remember the "we have to kill my wife" line (may not exact quote but it is close). Or the times that he acted like Jean was bad for him? So yeah he kind of does trash talks his past flames. Trapped in his mind with all his ex-girlfriends he told Emma he was in hell.

But yes I agree that Scott was disrespecting Emma and it came from the author. Rosenberg sees Emma as a villain and he's team Scott and Jean. Rosenberg should have handled Emma better for sure.
    In defense, Scott only said that because Jean was possessed by the Phoenix again, and wearing her Dark Phoenix colors.