Page 200 of 301 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    heres a wip for a Hox Variant cover by Collin Alexander
    It looks like the artist is drawing the moment when Emma turns to diamond for the first time while all her students are killed during the Genoshan genocide. Not liking how he chose to sexualize that moment though. That was a traumatic moment for Emma. She would have been devastated to see all her students die around her instead of seductively and aloofly eating an apple. I hope he at least removes the skeletons of her students from the final image.
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 08-15-2019 at 12:41 PM.

So when Marauders continues Rosenberg's work, what will everyone here do?

I'm personally gonna burn every copy of Uncanny and Marauders that I own, but that's just me.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

I'm personally gonna burn every copy of Uncanny and Marauders that I own, but that's just me.
    I'm not particularly sure. I'm gonna hold out hope. Luckily I finally got the Emma solo and have been reading that. I'm about a third of the way through. It's not bad.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

What makes you say that? I'm not liking what it sounding like right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    What makes you say that? I'm not liking what it sounding like right now though.
    There was a spoiler thread on Reddit (since deleted) that had solicits for Fallen Angels and Marauders 3. Basically the story sounds like Emma is working with Shaw to use Kitty and Storm for some unseen financial purpose. So it sounds like Emma is going to be cartoonishly stupidly evil for Hickman's tenure.

There was a spoiler thread on Reddit (since deleted) that had solicits for Fallen Angels and Marauders 3. Basically the story sounds like Emma is working with Shaw to use Kitty and Storm for some unseen financial purpose. So it sounds like Emma is going to be cartoonishly stupidly evil for Hickman's tenure.
    Hopefully those were wrong. I'm not liking her being part of the team, only to never actually be involved at all. There hasn't been a good X-book with Emma since Bendis. But I don't know. I'm not liking the direction it seems like Hickman's taking in general.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I can't even feign optimism anymore either. Hickman did refer to Emma as "White Queen." And Shaw apparently doesn't stay dead from X-Black. So we're definitely status-quoing things back a bit. And not for the better in some cases.

For those who are more involved with favorite characters, this may continue to be a very rough next several years. 1 of my favs. is already doing poorly in HOX. Then Kelly Thompson is writing the other, and I am heavily skeptical about her since I wasn't impressed with her last depiction. I can imagine her status quo-ing them back to crappy love interests and making clowns of them.

Here's to hoping we are all wrong in our worry, but it may be doubtful.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-17-2019 at 06:22 PM.

BANNED

Yeah, there's never been a misleading plot solicit where Emma seems to be a villain before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I'm not liking her being part of the team, only to never actually be involved at all.
    Citation needed. More than "but she's on land on a cover", please.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Citation needed. More than "but she's on land on a cover", please.
    The official solicit for Marauders 2 has her back with Shaw at the Hellfire Club, not anywhere near the action.

BANNED

The official solicit for Marauders 2 has her back with Shaw at the Hellfire Club, not anywhere near the action.
    Yeah, that's what I just said I needed more than.

Call me a pollyanna, but if I see some of the advertised main characters in the comic book titled "Marauders" sometimes shown on land, I don't automatically assume 'that's it, they're landlubbers, they are not part of the team, it's ovah!' There is zero reason to assume that here about Emma or anyone else in the book just because part of the story takes place on land sometimes.
    Last edited by powerpax; 08-17-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Yeah, that's what I just said I needed more than.

Call me a pollyanna, but if I see some of the advertised main characters in the comic book titled "Marauders" sometimes shown on land, I don't automatically assume 'that's it, they're landlubbers, they are not part of the team, it's ovah!' There is zero reason to assume that here about Emma or anyone else in the book just because part of the story takes place on land sometimes.
    The solicit showing Emma being away from everyone else along with Shaw, and the leaked solicit indicating Emma and Shaw working against Kitty and Storm casts a big shadow over the books.

BANNED

The solicit showing Emma being away from everyone else along with Shaw, and the leaked solicit indicating Emma and Shaw working against Kitty and Storm casts a big shadow over the books.
    Again: This is not the first or the hundredth time I've seen a fake "Emma's gone bad again!!" solicit (or story - hi, Whedon) in the last 20+ years. And yes, she would meet Shaw on land. That does not mean Emma is now on land forever and is not a member of the Marauders pack it in everyone.

Honestly that seems very little to get worked up about. A deleted leaked solicit? We can't even trust real solicits!

Everything will probably be fine. I mean, even the fear of continuing Rosenberg's stuff seems unfounded since Rosenberg had an interesting set up, actually, but did barely anything of value cause it was all going to be done away with anyways.

Again: This is not the first or the hundredth time I've seen a fake "Emma's gone bad again!!" solicit (or story - hi, Whedon) in the last 20+ years. And yes, she would meet Shaw on land. That does not mean Emma is now on land forever and is not a member of the Marauders pack it in everyone.
    Except that Emma has been portrayed in every X-book since Whedon as a psychotically evil person who hates her students and exists as either a hole for Scott to **** or a monster that kicks puppies and explodes horses. IvX was the worst, but Blue was on that path until they walked that back because Alex made a better scapegoat. RosenCanny just piled on to that portraying her as a selfish amoral incompetent coward. For Hickman to do differently would be to fully contradict the last four years of editorial mandates by Jordan White, and while he has a decent amount of sway right now, it is unrealistic to expect him to have THAT much.

Now on top of that history, we have Emma working with Shaw on a team with two people who normally despise her and a leaked solicit which seemed credible is saying that she's one of the big bads of the Marauders book. I don't see a reason to be optimistic in the slightest.