Page 70 of 301 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 4503

Inb4Emma tries killing Hope to get back with Scott.

BANNED

UXM is great under Rosenberg, much better than any other X-book coming out right now, he might be the only current writer working in the offices that read the original Generation X series

My expectations for what Rosenberg is going to do are in the toilet, in the sub-basement, of a military bunker set next to the Earth's core. She could be a friend, she could be eating a live puppy. Nothing would shock me.

Why can't Kelly Thompson take over Uncanny X-Men? Didn't she write the relaunch with other writers before Rosenberg took over? I don't think they've ever let a woman solely write Uncanny X-Men. It's about time!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The Avengers weren't popular at the time. And Emma was the "it" character during Morrison's (and arguably Whedon's) run. Morrison was actually suppose to write her solo. Ugh, we can dream.
    Emma was the it character from 2004-2012 pretty much. She has like the most appearances for Marvel female characters for one of those years, but she was consistently at the top. I can ask my friend who made that site with the appearance rankings about the data.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Why can't Kelly Thompson take over Uncanny X-Men?
    because she's not good

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    because she's not good
    Read Jessica Jones. It's A+ material. But you also don't need to be A+ to write Uncanny X-Men LOL.

BANNED

No, not going to read a Bendis OC by somebody I know is a bad writer from her other books

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    No, not going to read a Bendis OC by somebody I know is a bad writer from her other books
    That's too bad. Thompson's Emma is the first one to sound and feel like Emma since Morrison/Whedon.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That's too bad. Thompson's Emma is the first one to sound and feel like Emma since Morrison/Whedon.
    So it's better than X-men Black's portrayal?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Most X-Men had been portrayed better outside the X-Office in this last few years, Emma is the most recent example. Last year the best Wolverine story came from a Venom Special and a Venom Annual, to quote another example.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Most X-Men had been portrayed better outside the X-Office in this last few years, Emma is the most recent example. Last year the best Wolverine story came from a Venom Special and a Venom Annual, to quote another example.
    Sabretooth has been an example twice now. He was better in Brisson's Iron Fist & the Soska Sisters' Black Widow than he's been in any X-book since Bunn lost him.

Unless I am told otherwise, I made a vow not to read anything Creed is in if it's coming from the X-Office. lol

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That's slightly disappointing to hear. I should probably track those issues down then. Both Jessica Jones and Venom.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Yeah, I really liked Emma in Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter. She only got a few panels overall (it is Jessica's book after all) but I loved the dynamic between Jessica and Emma because they are both so acerbic and they seem to actually get each other in a way a lot of characters don't. Haha, Jessica also thinks Emma is super hot and admires her boobs.

Black was solid, but Williams using the stripper with a heart of gold backstory hurt. JJ's Emma was unabashedly Emma.