Page 32 of 301 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

It seems a little inconsistent to have Emma be heroic in Jessica Jones and a villain in Uncanny. I think a lot of people are making assumptions about what is going on in Uncanny 18, it's possible that Cyclops and Wolverine go to Emma for help. They might play up the initial meeting with Emma being all "regal" to greet them. With her positive portrayal in JJ Purple Daughter, I think maybe that Marvel isn't planning to make her into an outright villain after all.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It seems a little inconsistent to have Emma be heroic in Jessica Jones and a villain in Uncanny. I think a lot of people are making assumptions about what is going on in Uncanny 18, it's possible that Cyclops and Wolverine go to Emma for help. They might play up the initial meeting with Emma being all "regal" to greet them. With her positive portrayal in JJ Purple Daughter, I think maybe that Marvel isn't planning to make her into an outright villain after all.
    Rosenberg can't stay consistent with recent books which directly launch his own books, AKA the bare minimum, so simply prepare for the worst just to be safe.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Rosenberg can't stay consistent with recent books which directly launch his own books, AKA the bare minimum, so simply prepare for the worst just to be safe.
    This. Again, nobody should doubt the X-Office when it comes to inconsistency for the sake of whatever mood writers / editors are in. Or whatever narrative they wanna push. They don't maintain consistency in their own franchise, let alone keep up with what books outside their office are doing.

But again, we don't know the whole story. So there's plenty of good ways it can work out. But far as betting on consistency, that's not a safe bet to make. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This. Again, nobody should doubt the X-Office when it comes to inconsistency for the sake of whatever mood writers / editors are in. Or whatever narrative they wanna push. They don't maintain consistency in their own franchise, let alone keep up with what books outside their office are doing.

But again, we don't know the whole story. So there's plenty of good ways it can work out. But far as betting on consistency, that's not a safe bet to make. lol
    I feel like my two favourite characters in the X-books are going to be completely shafted this year. Emma Frost may or may not be a full out villain, and Rachel Grey may or may not remain a "hound" to Stryfe indefinitely or be left in the future and never to return to the X-books. I feel like someone at Marvel just gutted me and I know I will probably abandon the X-books if both of these characters get the shaft this year.

I feel like my two favourite characters in the X-books are going to be completely shafted this year. Emma Frost may or may not be a full out villain, and Rachel Grey may or may not remain a "hound" to Stryfe indefinitely or be left in the future and never to return to the X-books. I feel like someone at Marvel just gutted me and I know I will probably abandon the X-books if both of these characters get the shaft this year.
    I feel your pain. My few favorites aren't looking so good either. I hang around the forum for updates. But I'm not reading anything right now. So far, nothing's looked good to me.

It's been this way pretty much since Secret Empire, and somehow it continues despite all the editorial changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I feel your pain. My few favorites aren't looking so good either. I hang around the forum for updates. But I'm not reading anything right now. So far, nothing's looked good to me.
    Yep, I stay here to see if there are any updates, but it's always more bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    It's been this way pretty much since Secret Empire, and somehow it continues despite all the editorial changes.

Yep, I stay here to see if there are any updates, but it's always more bad news.
    Lol A sad truth. Even when it sounds good, it still ends up bad.

But we had stuff we liked at one point. We may get it again, but when is questionable.

I am right with you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She should have been assassinated by X-Force years ago. Im generally not of the rule that X-men should kill but make an exception for her. I dont get how she is still allowed to live
    Kurt and Rogue.
    I imagine if anything, she got a pass because of her connection to them. <shrug>

Secret Empire and onwards was just Bunn going through with his arc for Emma based on what happened in IvX. He's obviously a writer that likes to respect continuity and wrote what he thought was appropriate given the starting point.

His endpoint for her was pretty alright though even if you might not have liked everything in between?

Haven't really seen any myself so far. I will be able to find them of course by imagining what will happen based on the few snippets we have gotten. But why do that?

Lately Emma Frost has had good appearances in Jessica Jones, Iceman, Infinity Wars and X-Men Black. Better than most characters in the X-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Secret Empire and onwards was just Bunn going through with his arc for Emma based on what happened in IvX. He's obviously a writer that likes to respect continuity and wrote what he thought was appropriate given the starting point.

His endpoint for her was pretty alright though even if you might not have liked everything in between?

Haven't really seen any myself so far. I will be able to find them of course by imagining what will happen based on the few snippets we have gotten. But why do that?

Lately Emma Frost has had good appearances in Jessica Jones, Iceman, Infinity Wars and X-Men Black. Better than most characters in the X-verse.
    The issue with secret empire is that Nick Spencer was writing her at the same time as Bunn, and they may as well not have even been the same character.
    I wasn't a big fan of Black, and Jessica Jones and Infinity Wars just proves how poorly she's being treated in the X-books, because she's only written like Emma outside of them. But it doesn't matter how she's written in small guest appearances if they keep her a mustache twirling villain in main appearance like they did with Blue. And the solicits are kind showing that it will be more of the same.

White Queen commission from Jeff Dekal

https://twitter.com/jeffdekal/status...75177298403328
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Bunns X-men Blue was terribly written.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    White Queen commission from Jeff Dekal

https://twitter.com/jeffdekal/status...75177298403328
    This reminds me of how she looks in Jessica Jones. I love how Jessica makes a point of thinking that Emma has great boobs and Emma sends Jessica a telepathic response. They actually make a great team up pair because Jessica is just as snarky and sarcastic as Emma so they play well off each other and they seam to have fun doing it because they both have a similar world view.

Great art as usual from De Iulis on the latest Jessica Jones issue, and KT's Emma absolutely stole the show when she was appearing (which is a good amount! Maybe a third of the two issues overall?). She had a really great voice and (accurate & layered) personality established from the off, plus the threat in the issue was a legitimate threat to her too, without the usual problem of "Telepaths OP, Must Nerf". I cannot wait for the next issues, because this was one of the most exciting & tense Emma stories I can think of, especially with that cliffhanger.