Page 101 of 301 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I think a new direction for Emma might work. She loses all her wealth and money for being a mutant, so she must battle without political or financial resources on her side. She would seem like less of a rich bitch to some people.
    We were already told that something is coming. Not necessarily a solo series, but if it is, then it seems to be following rather the opposite direction.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...YOqxTY0-R8wD4U

Jordan: <...>
    But yeah, as we move forward, how to strike that balance–giving Emma, one of the best characters in X-Men, the screen time she needs to show off how great she is without necessarily putting her on the traditional X-Men team–is something we have put a lot of thought into. And I am probably not talking about the story you think I am talking about.

AiPT!: tired (@PixelGengar) said Emma is one of the wealthiest mutants. Given her firm stance on Mutant rights, how does she use this wealth to further the cause?

Jordan: Great question. And there are plans to explore exactly that in a comic you don’t know about yet.

Just to clarify my "Ignoring market realities etc" comment, I was referring to Anthology books generally not selling. An Emma solo could feature some fun team-ups or similar for an arc here and there, but I was kinda riffing on this idea, hence my comment:

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I have 3 favourite X-characters, Rachel, Emma, and Jean. I would be perfectly happy if they all got a chance to be on a book together for once. My greatest hope is a story that requires them to work together to defeat someone. I know this would probably be the Shadow King since he is the post powerful telepathic enemy, but I would really like to see Emma, Jean, and Rachel working together to take down someone like the Shadow King.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    That was 16 years ago, let's not be silly.

Emma works as a character best juxtaposed against the likes of Kitty and Jean.
    Well, her solo from 16 years ago sold well too. But I'm talking about the one-shot that came out in October too. Duh. But thanks for reminding us her title sold well so long ago as well!!!!

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squall13 View Post
    If there's gonna by any "solo" that involves Emma it should be "Hellfire Club" which she turns into a underground mutant "protection group" ala X-Force. Add in support for not only conventional protection but real life support too like attorneys, jobs, etc.

Fill em with mutants who realize that Xavier's dream isn't really enough in reality. Cyclops and now play 2nd fiddle to Emma as her Sgt at Arms

Who am I kidding I'm just shilling for both of them again. IDC I'll stand by my ship dammit
    This sounds great, but rather nix Cyclops for someone who won’t be an automatic love interest. Maybe someone who could walk the line more like Namor, Havok, Bishop, Magneto, or even Wolverine.
    Last edited by WhitePhoenix; 05-28-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    This sounds great, but rather nix Cyclops for someone who won’t be an automatic love interest. Maybe someone who could walk the line more like Namor, Havok, Bishop, Magneto, or even Wolverine.
    Every single character you mentioned is the opposite of "walk the line" guys, and many of them wouldn't mind seeing Emma dead.

The only one out of those names who wouldn’t mind seeing Emma dead is Magneto, and that’s only because of something pretty recent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The only one out of those names who wouldn’t mind seeing Emma dead is Magneto, and that’s only because of something pretty recent.
    Inverted Havok wasn't all that happy with Emma in IvX, and I can't imagine him being all that happy with her actions in the last years now he's back. I can't see most of the others having that much of a reaction to Emma's death either, even if they don't hate her; even Namor, who, once Gillen stopped using him as a tool to make Emma a villain again, hasn't even mentioned or thought of her (and thank Poseidon for that). Still, all of them are pretty much the opposite of walk the line fellows, so the point still stands.

I'm loling at this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'm loling at this
    *Emma after restoring her memories back in Scott’s mind*

Emma: I’ve been secretly protecting mutantkind from the shadows. I wasn’t able to save Loa, though.

Scott: ...

Emma: Loa? Alani??

Scott: Emma, sweetie, you can’t expect me to follow this convo if you keep making up words.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Inverted Havok wasn't all that happy with Emma in IvX, and I can't imagine him being all that happy with her actions in the last years now he's back. I can't see most of the others having that much of a reaction to Emma's death either, even if they don't hate her; even Namor, who, once Gillen stopped using him as a tool to make Emma a villain again, hasn't even mentioned or thought of her (and thank Poseidon for that). Still, all of them are pretty much the opposite of walk the line fellows, so the point still stands.
    Nahhhhh, the things Namor would do for just a drop of Emma’s cooch.

Emma: I’ve been secretly protecting mutantkind from the shadows. I wasn’t able to save Loa, though.

Scott: ...

Emma: Loa? Alani??

Scott: Emma, sweetie, you can’t expect me to follow this convo if you keep making up words.

Nahhhhh, the things Namor would do for just a drop of Emma’s cooch.
    Namor does prefer his blondes

Bad Namor, no! Go away!

I don't think it will be as straightforward as all that.

Going by the Rosenberg YouTube interview I posted a few pages back (post #1345).

He said (paraphrased): "When we find out what she's doing and why she's doing things. Some people will be very upset and some people will be very excited."
    He does not see her as a villain or a hero, she does not operate that way.

Hopefully it will make sense from some perspective. More than Rahne's suicide by proxy at least.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Going by the Rosenberg YouTube interview I posted a few pages back (post #1345).

He said (paraphrased): "When we find out what she's doing and why she's doing things. Some people will be very upset and some people will be very excited."

Hopefully it will make sense from some perspective. More than Rahne's suicide by proxy at least.
    Ugh, not looking to forward to this.....

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Translation: "Emma is EEEEEEEEEVIL, but since we know nearly all the fans hate the idea, we're trying to put it more ambiguously".

Rosenberg has said he sees Emma as someone who always puts herself first before anyone else, and it's how she's been able to survive. Yes and no... I kinda disagree with this because she's sacrificed a lot to teach her students and fund the X-Men.

I can't think of any good reason to have the X-Men's memories of Emma erased. This is probably to alienate her more away from the X-Men than she already is and to make the X-Men more pissed at her.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 05-29-2019 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Rosenberg has said he sees Emma as someone who always puts herself first before anyone else, and it's how she's been able to survive. Yes and no... I kinda disagree with this because she's sacrificed a lot to teach her students and fund the X-Men.
    Fancy way of saying he wants to take her back to the 80's, but knows the fans don't want it, and Hickman doesn't either.

As I've said before here and other threads: there's a big disconnect between the fans and many (though not all, of course) of the editors and writers, because the latter group just wants to take everything back to their childhoods, when everything was wonderful and nice, and ignore the last few decades of character development. That's why we end with things like X-men: Gold, the epitome of this sort of thing.