Page 103 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    And I agree with that 110%. It's why I like Emma. She's a teacher, but understands that more powerful methods than education are needed to bring mutantkind rights.
    And from Hickman’s love of Generation X, I think those are the qualities that led him to love Emma too. Which is fun because Emma, above all morality, is a teacher and everything she does is for the betterment of both her students and mutantkind.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nah, he is, pretty clearly. It truly makes me wonder what AvX would happen if he was the one writing the whole thing, and the fact he didn't reference it at all in his Avengers run, except for Namor attacking Wakanda, is pretty telling. Maybe this explains all the whining about Cyclops in UXM: Rosenberg and JDW are getting one last shot of it, since we know that under Hickman, they'll never have the chance.
    Or maybe it could be that they want to show the audiences that didn’t like RightClops that he did have grievances and regrets about what he did and that despite going forward as a revolutionary in HiX-Men, he does regret the lines he may or may not have crossed.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Instead of “Magneto was Right”, he’s more “Magneto has done some very screwed up stuff, but he has valid points when it comes to his ideology of how the oppressed should fight back.”
    And I agree with that 110%. It's why I like Emma. She's a teacher, but understands that more powerful methods than education are needed to bring mutantkind rights.
    Yep, and this is what made Emma's time in the X-men so compelling, and the two of them working with Scott was excellent because they helped pushed him to a more realistic direction while he manage to reign in some of their worst impulses. But, NO, we need the X-men to be HEROES living in Xavier's mansion, and anyone that opposes them is bad, because MY CHILDHOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Or maybe it could be that they want to show the audiences that didn’t like RightClops that he did have grievances and regrets about what he did and that despite going forward as a revolutionary in HiX-Men, he does regret the lines he may or may not have crossed.
    Wasn't that what the ending of Bendis' Uncanny run was all about? In the best case scenario, which is yours, they're being completely redundant. In the worst, they're being childish because the views of the majority of the audience doesn't fit theirs.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 05-29-2019 at 01:05 PM.

So... confession to make...

Emma might not be my favorite character to play in Future Fight anymore...

Forgive me forum goers for I have sinned.

But my favorite anime of all time is "Karas", which is basically The Crow, if the Crow was an armored magical samurai who could turn into a jet and a car. And his signature technique is "Hiei Zangetsu" or Moonlight Execution, where turns into a giant crow, launches them into the sky, and slices them to pieces against the silhouette of the moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgJD-76Yu88

Psylocke's new costume's 4 skill... is basically a sped up version. It looks GLORIOUS. Combined with her five looking amazing as always (A series of butterflies fly out, then she cuts all of them to pieces, while slashing the enemies caught in the area), and she is visually the best character in the game.

Sorry.

So... confession to make...

Emma might not be my favorite character to play in Future Fight anymore...

Forgive me forum goers for I have sinned.

But my favorite anime of all time is "Karas", which is basically The Crow, if the Crow was an armored magical samurai who could turn into a jet and a car. And his signature technique is "Hiei Zangetsu" or Moonlight Execution, where turns into a giant crow, launches them into the sky, and slices them to pieces against the silhouette of the moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgJD-76Yu88

Psylocke's new costume's 4 skill... is basically a sped up version. It looks GLORIOUS. Combined with her five looking amazing as always (A series of butterflies fly out, then she cuts all of them to pieces, while slashing the enemies caught in the area), and she is visually the best character in the game.

Sorry.
    Blasphamy! But I still don't have Psylocke so I can't relate.

I still hope for a future Emma costume with a Cuckoo attack,

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Blasphamy! But I still don't have Psylocke so I can't relate.

I still hope for a future Emma costume with a Cuckoo attack,
    I miss Emma's ultimate from Marvel Heroes, with the Stepford Circle.

The madmen at Capcom refuse to fight a bunch of lawyers and port Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to modern hardware so I can show the world my All-New, All-Different Karas/Gatchaman teams.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The madmen at Capcom refuse to fight a bunch of lawyers and port Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to modern hardware so I can show the world my All-New, All-Different Karas/Gatchaman teams.
    Karas was a god in Version 1.0. 6 of 8 at EVO kinda killed the game's hype though.

When will we get a new X Men fighting game that is good?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    When will we get a new X Men fighting game that is good?
    You mean you didn't like MvC:I? Lol.

Perhaps their fighting game division will get it together like the rest of their divisions which have been on fire with DMC:5, RE2 Remake, and Monster Hunter and give us MvC 4 proper. And we'll get Emma Frost playable this time?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    You mean you didn't like MvC:I? Lol.

Perhaps their fighting game division will get it together like the rest of their divisions which have been on fire with DMC:5, RE2 Remake, and Monster Hunter and give us MvC 4 proper. And we'll get Emma Frost playable this time?
    Emma doesn't lend herself to fighting games very well. She doesn't have anything visually impressive outside making telepathy into laser beams like the mobile games do. The diamond form works for brawling, but it doesn't do anything visually distinct enough.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Emma doesn't lend herself to fighting games very well. She doesn't have anything visually impressive outside making telepathy into laser beams like the mobile games do. The diamond form works for brawling, but it doesn't do anything visually distinct enough.
    Something could be worked out. I mean, she-hulk was pretty bland in MvC 3. Emma can't be worse than that.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Something could be worked out. I mean, she-hulk was pretty bland in MvC 3. Emma can't be worse than that.
    She-Hulk is still a distinct brawler, and they pulled a lot from her comics for that. But look at the history of telepaths in fighting games. Xavier hasn't been in, unless you count Onslaught. Psylocke teleported with her katana. Jean had used no telepathy or TK really, relying entirely on the Phoenix. Cable exclusively used his guns.

She-Hulk is still a distinct brawler, and they pulled a lot from her comics for that. But look at the history of telepaths in fighting games. Xavier hasn't been in, unless you count Onslaught. Psylocke teleported with her katana. Jean had used no telepathy or TK really, relying entirely on the Phoenix. Cable exclusively used his guns.
    To be fair, Xavier was a playable character in the 3d x-men fighter mutant academy 2. Then again, since he was in the wheelchair, I have no idea what the creators were thinking. It's also not that great of a game, so I see your point. At the same time, I feel it just requires a bit of creativity.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    To be fair, Xavier was a playable character in the 3d x-men fighter mutant academy 2. Then again, since he was in the wheelchair, I have no idea what the creators were thinking. It's also not that great of a game, so I see your point. At the same time, I feel it just requires a bit of creativity.
    One of the cardinal rules of fighting games is that the characters should be distinct enough that you can tell them apart and what they're doing at a glance even from across the room. It worked in MvC2 with the X-Men that were in the game, but notice that of the major X-characters at the time, only three didn't make the cut: Beast, Xavier, and Jean. To incorporate her moveset would be either a zoning character with the psychic lasers, or a brawler with her diamond form, and I don't feel either does the character justice.

One of the cardinal rules of fighting games is that the characters should be distinct enough that you can tell them apart and what they're doing at a glance even from across the room. It worked in MvC2 with the X-Men that were in the game, but notice that of the major X-characters at the time, only three didn't make the cut: Beast, Xavier, and Jean. To incorporate her moveset would be either a zoning character with the psychic lasers, or a brawler with her diamond form, and I don't feel either does the character justice.
    Well, at the very least, maybe we'll get another X-men legends game with her included. Future Fight is fine for now, but boy do I miss Marvel Heroes.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia