Page 104 of 301 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, at the very least, maybe we'll get another X-men legends game with her included. Future Fight is fine for now, but boy do I miss Marvel Heroes.
    I do too. Real shame that went under. That game was always an enjoyable time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma doesn't lend herself to fighting games very well. She doesn't have anything visually impressive outside making telepathy into laser beams like the mobile games do. The diamond form works for brawling, but it doesn't do anything visually distinct enough.
    Jean Grey has no distinct hand combat, yet she was incorporated into MvC 3.

From: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...an-x-tremists/

AiPT!: Finally, you’ve made no secret of your love for Emma Frost. So, had Emma made her way to the Age of X-Man, how would she have handled a world without love?

Williams: Oh man, I’ve imagined this so much! My answer is probably going to read like fanfiction.

At first, she would retreat into diamond form to feel nothing at all. But the instant that Emma Frost psychically opens herself to this world: she’s going to feel how couples feel as they’re being torn apart and mind-wiped, or how siblings feel having their family connections erased from their minds over, and over, and over again only for those memories to keep painfully struggling to resurface, or how Northstar, a gay man, is struggling with suicide ideation because he’s had all knowledge of his sexuality forcibly removed from his mind, and feels lost. One whiff of this mass suffering and Emma would detonate.

Emma Frost has a brutal heart. She is radically compassionate. Not only is she one of the few mutants capable of single-handedly dismantling an entire alternate universe, but she’s also just someone who cares so much that upon confronting such an overwhelming injustice, she’d get angry enough that a b---h would. Same with Jubilee.
    I love this answer so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Thank God she’s not being butchered in AoX though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    From: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...an-x-tremists/

AiPT!: Finally, you’ve made no secret of your love for Emma Frost. So, had Emma made her way to the Age of X-Man, how would she have handled a world without love?

Williams: Oh man, I’ve imagined this so much! My answer is probably going to read like fanfiction.

At first, she would retreat into diamond form to feel nothing at all. But the instant that Emma Frost psychically opens herself to this world: she’s going to feel how couples feel as they’re being torn apart and mind-wiped, or how siblings feel having their family connections erased from their minds over, and over, and over again only for those memories to keep painfully struggling to resurface, or how Northstar, a gay man, is struggling with suicide ideation because he’s had all knowledge of his sexuality forcibly removed from his mind, and feels lost. One whiff of this mass suffering and Emma would detonate.

Emma Frost has a brutal heart. She is radically compassionate. Not only is she one of the few mutants capable of single-handedly dismantling an entire alternate universe, but she’s also just someone who cares so much that upon confronting such an overwhelming injustice, she’d get angry enough that a b---h would. Same with Jubilee.

I love this answer so much.
    I like that phrasing, radically compassionate and brutal heart. That pretty much captures it for me. Emma is one of those people who can appear calm and collected (just very sarcastic), but then if you hurt one of her students, god help you.

BANNED

That read of Emma is still so horrible.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Rosenberg has said he sees Emma as someone who always puts herself first before anyone else, and it's how she's been able to survive. Yes and no... I kinda disagree with this because she's sacrificed a lot to teach her students and fund the X-Men.

I can't think of any good reason to have the X-Men's memories of Emma erased. This is probably to alienate her more away from the X-Men than she already is and to make the X-Men more pissed at her.
    Unless someone else is pulling the strings, like Gamemaster (not seen since Joseph, Gambit, Rogue and Jean kicked his tail back in a late 90’s Annual.......), a Wyngarde (either of the daughters who have his powers, a somehow still alive Wyngarde or a unrevealed till now son)........

Maybe Emma just wanted to get away from the madness associated with the team (bad timing, if she was there during Nate’s Attack, maybe in diamond form she would have gotten close enough to knock him out)......then again, Juggernaut would have similarly tipped the scales, as he’s now immune to telepaths without his helmet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That read of Emma is still so horrible.
    It's better than "sHAW abUsEd me and PlUckEd mE oFF the sTrIpper pOlE and gRoOmed mE aS the WhIte QuEEn!!! He mADE mE dO aLL the BaD tHiNgS!!! i Am a ViCTIm!!!!"

BANNED

It's better than "sHAW abUsEd me and PlUckEd mE oFF the sTrIpper pOlE and gRoOmed mE aS the WhIte QuEEn!!! He mADE mE dO aLL the BaD tHiNgS!!! i Am a ViCTIm!!!!"
    They're not mutually exclusive. Emma can be characterized as radically compassionate because everything that clashes with that can be written off as a result of Shaw and daddy's abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They're not mutually exclusive. Emma can be characterized as radically compassionate because everything that clashes with that can be written off as a result of Shaw and daddy's abuse.
    Right, but I'd rather hear about Emma being radically compassionate about mutant rights than the retconning of her background as an abused stripper groomed by Shaw. Lol!!!

Gosh, I guess people really did take that Morrison line seriously: "I deserve sympathy for the sins of my past, not scorn... those were difficult days... I was possibly on drink or drugs."

I always read it as humor or being facetious.

Though to be fair she said she was on drink or drugs, not being manipulated by Shaw. And when Jean Grey went through her head, we found out Emma was the one who manipulated and screwed over Shaw, not the other way around.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

What she and Fraction did with Emma's origins and Shaw as absolutely indefensible and sexist. Fortunately, Emma being a telepath, is very easy to retcon all of it and she manipulated Namor/Shaw/everyone.

Right, but I'd rather hear about Emma being radically compassionate about mutant rights than the retconning of her background as an abused stripper groomed by Shaw. Lol!!!
    Yeah, that’s why she took over the Hellfire Club. Just because the retcon was salt in the wound for Shaw doesn’t mean it was the only reason.

Uncanny X-Men #527 (2010) - Sarah Pichelli Women of Marvel variant

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She-Hulk is still a distinct brawler, and they pulled a lot from her comics for that. But look at the history of telepaths in fighting games. Xavier hasn't been in, unless you count Onslaught. Psylocke teleported with her katana. Jean had used no telepathy or TK really, relying entirely on the Phoenix. Cable exclusively used his guns.
    Mortal Kombat X had a telepath character named Takeda. Telepathy wasn't his only weapon but it does show it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Mortal Kombat X had a telepath character named Takeda. Telepathy wasn't his only weapon but it does show it can be done.
    Takeda worked because he had his psi-sword, similar to Psylocke. Something that distinguishes.