Page 11 of 301 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The funny thing is...Emma's gallivanting around the MU being a total hero (much more than any of the other Xmen)...it makes the Xbooks/characters/editors look like total idiots

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It's total bullshit. The Inhumans caused his death not Emma. She gave him the appearance of dying like a hero instead of just another body to their growing list of victims. It's lazy writing.
    Stop trying to defend IvX or Emma's actions in it. We must not validate or legitimize the story. Magneto's craziness in Planet X was never validated by fans, and they retconned it!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    They shouldn't be mentioning it at all. It was character assassination for a lot of characters involved. Multiple Man and Cyclops are both back, the Inhumans went to space and did their thing again (horribly written I might add) and Marvel should just move on and focus on what both IPs respectively excelled at.
    Thats the big thing. They shouldn’t be mentioning it, because when it comes to everyone else they don’t. Only when Emma appears is it canon.

The funny thing is...Emma's gallivanting around the MU being a total hero (much more than any of the other Xmen)...it makes the Xbooks/characters/editors look like total idiots
    Yeah in all honesty I hope Emma stays in the greater MU now. Clearly this era of X-Books is just going to stick to this nonesense regression masked as nostalgia. Let her run the Hellfire club, help save the multiverse, assist Jessica Jones in sticking it to a rapist, protecting her brother.

Let her become a regular in a different book like part of T'Challa's secret agents or something. I don't know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Stop trying to defend IvX or Emma's actions in it. We must not validate or legitimize the story. Magneto's craziness in Planet X was never validated by fans, and they retconned it!
    what's IvX?

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Thats the big thing. They shouldn’t be mentioning it, because when it comes to everyone else they don’t. Only when Emma appears is it canon.
    They act like that was the last thing she's ever done...in the last Secret Empire issue she said "they'll only ever remember me as a villain" and it's funny how the Xoffice has followed that as if they're in that universe....but the MU still thinks of her as a hero lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Yeah in all honesty I hope Emma stays in the greater MU now. Clearly this era of X-Books is just going to stick to this nonesense regression masked as nostalgia. Let her run the Hellfire club, help save the multiverse, assist Jessica Jones in sticking it to a rapist, protecting her brother.

Let her become a regular in a different book like part of T'Challa's secret agents or something. I don't know.
    She could be a permanent guest star...I've said it and so have many other Emma fans...we're glad she's NOT involved in this crap

Amazing Member

Been lurking on-off the forums for the past few years, but I just read the Uncannt Annual. Although she didn’t make a physical appearance, its sad to see that she is still being dragged through the mud. Not sure if Cyclops is being set up to join the Emma hate bandwagon, but I hope I’m wrong. The Emma-phant in the room (see what I did?) needs to be addressed. Brace yourselves Emma fans. Its gonna be a rough ride (again..).

what's IvX?

They act like that was the last thing she's ever done...in the last Secret Empire issue she said "they'll only ever remember me as a villain" and it's funny how the Xoffice has followed that as if they're in that universe....but the MU still thinks of her as a hero lol.

She could be a permanent guest star...I've said it and so have many other Emma fans...we're glad she's NOT involved in this crap
    Except not being involved in awful stories apparently isn’t enough to be dragged through the mud like everyone else involved. And honestly, I’d rather her be dragged through the mud like everyone else so that it can all be ignored at the same time than this ****.

Astonishing Member

I agree. I am glad she isn't in x-men books currently. When she eventually is in an x-men book, with both Jean and Scott alive, it won't be nice. I am afraid this nostalgia thing they are doing won't be as popular as they think, and they will try to generate sales with Emma-Scott-Jean drama.
    This is why I have been saying for 2 years that the best thing for Emma would be getting another romantic interest asap, to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I agree. I am glad she isn't in x-men books currently. When she eventually is in an x-men book, with both Jean and Scott alive, it won't be nice. I am afraid this nostalgia thing they are doing won't be as popular as they think, and they will try to generate sales with Emma-Scott-Jean drama.
    This is why I have been saying for 2 years that the best thing for Emma would be getting another romantic interest asap, to move on.
    It wont be as she lacks strong positive relationships within the X-men. It really is for the best that she stay away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Except not being involved in awful stories apparently isn’t enough to be dragged through the mud like everyone else involved. And honestly, I’d rather her be dragged through the mud like everyone else so that it can all be ignored at the same time than this ****.
    As bad as it is...it's a bit refreshing that at least someone got out, but then they do stupid **** like dragging her through the mud just to show they haven't forgotten her

I haven't read the issue. And from the sounds of things it's bad. What's really bad is that if you remember Emma's appearances and role has been diminished to where she did nothing in Bendis run. The world ended and she was missing for months then she appears in Cox goes crazy and goes missing for months and is not appearing regularly in a book. So she's scapegoated. She's not even afforded a build up story to being scapegoated. So there is no pay off.

As bad as it is...it's a bit refreshing that at least someone got out, but then they do stupid **** like dragging her through the mud just to show they haven't forgotten her
    it's almost kind of funny. Like they can't get over her. She'll always be in their heeaaads.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    To be honest I'd total read more Emma-Scott-Jean drama, especially if Scott ends up pining after both of them again, and they both move on and say no. LOL. That would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    To be honest I'd total read more Emma-Scott-Jean drama, especially if Scott ends up pining after both of them again, and they both move on and say no. LOL. That would be hilarious.
    and then go make out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    it's almost kind of funny. Like they can't get over her. She'll always be in their heeaaads.
    Scott, Jean, Xavier, Wolverine...were all dead and gone. Marvel tried to push the Inhumans on readers and I really believe wanted to or at least tried to take the franchise in a different direction ...Emma was a sizable problem. They had killed off too many other major players and couldn't just do the same to her, so they came up with a crap idea to get her out of the way and haven't really found a way to say "we fucked up" because they don't want to admit they messed up.