Page 110 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Dude, you are living on denial. Emma being out of the books has nothing to do with nostalgia. All her development and panel time was thanks to Scott and Scemma, without those many writers don't know what to do with her on the X-men anymore because she has no friends and Scott can't be attached to her all the time (he is his own character).
    You're also ignoring that Scemma was never perfect and Jean's shadow was always all over it, you don't like it but is the truth, they also broke up years ago and had their own share of problems. This is one of the reasons I don't like Scemma, it needs Scott to be trash and ignore so many things to keep going.
    LMAO the Generation X denial is strong

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Gosh, don’t y’all ever fucking tire of this constant who is better Jean or Emma? Whether be it be power level, Scott’s true love, etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Gosh, don’t y’all ever fucking tire of this constant who is better Jean or Emma? Whether be it be power level, Scott’s true love, etc etc etc.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Uhhh—this is why I read X-Men comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I see two emma haters in this thread, so I already know this whole discussion going nowhere at all...

Anyways im playing MFF again and I just noticed Psylockes new costume and the animations are amazing!! This honestly makes me wish theyd include the P5 costume for Emma, as I can see them doing the animations quite well
    Agreed. Psylocke's new 4 is amazing (though the lack of invinicibility frames makes its use questionable). I don't think she'll get a P5 costume, but she could certainly get a Black King outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Yup that's the only way it can be seen. The only thing MJ and Jean share is red hair. As for Gwen. Jean is no Gwen. The only thing they share is they're the idiolised first love. Gwen for one is very intelligent. Jeans of average intelligence. I love Gwen for that reason.

Emma is also attracted to Scott for Scotts mind and Felicia is attracted to Spiderman over Peter
    I think it is safe to say that Jean is above average when it comes to intelligence. She's not a genius, but to me when I think of average intellect I think of simple folks and not folks who lead, solve problems, have college level education or some college, etc. Jean has been shown as intelligent in X-men Red most recently and she wasn't portrayed as average in Morrison's run or the 90's.

Both Jean and Emma are characters that are portrayed as powerful, intelligent in their own ways, and capable of being great leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think it is safe to say that Jean is above average when it comes to intelligence. She's not a genius, but to me when I think of average intellect I think of simple folks and not folks who lead, solve problems, have college level education or some college, etc. Jean has been shown as intelligent in X-men Red most recently and she wasn't portrayed as average in Morrison's run or the 90's.

Both Jean and Emma are characters that are portrayed as powerful, intelligent in their own ways, and capable of being great leaders.
    When I say average intelligence I mean normal intelligence.

Simple folk would below average.

Kitty and Emma are above normal intelligence just by pure feats with science fiction experiments and inventions.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-01-2019 at 11:43 AM.

BANNED

I've been an Emma fan for decades and she's too good to be with Scott. They should ignore everything that Morrison ever wrote including that.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    I've been an Emma fan for decades and she's too good to be with Scott. They should ignore everything that Morrison ever wrote including that.
    Emma deserves someone who will love her fully and wholeheartedly, Scott could never do that for her. Jean Grey was always there somewhere in his mind and heart.

Emma deserves someone who will love her fully and wholeheartedly, Scott could never do that for her. Jean Grey was always there somewhere in his mind and heart.
    Scott has Storm, Rogue, Selene Mystique, Psylocke in his mind too. Scott can love more then one person in different ways. His relationship with Emma was written as more realistic in that sense. His heart jumped more for her in Endsong.

Going forward Scott will have love for more then Emma and Jean. Much like Archie, Veronica and Betty

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Scott has Storm, Rogue, Selene Mystique, Psylocke in his mind too. Scott can love more then one person in different ways. His relationship with Emma was written as more realistic in that sense. His heart jumped more for her in Endsong.

Going forward Scott will have love for more then Emma and Jean. Much like Archie, Veronica and Betty
    Yeah, this idea that someone can ONLY have feelings for one person EVER it's absurd and even creepy. Specially considering he's twice a widower of the same woman, which Emma knew going in (well, he wasn't widower twice, but he was married). And you can love people in non-romantic ways too. Scott chose Emma very clearly in NXM, Endsong, AXM, etc, and even when Jean was alive seemed to be falling out of (romantic/sexual) love for her, hence the difficulty in touching and having sex with her. It's not creepy he has feelings for Jean even more than it's Corsair or Banshee for their late wives.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    In truth Generation-X was it's own thing with hardly any strong connections to the X-men proper minus the occasional crossover. But from the start of the affair in New X-men right up to the aftermath of AVX Emma was tied to the X-men by virtue of her relationship to Scott(Scemma). Its because of that relationship that she was so prominently featured, that she was seen as the main x-woman, that she was considered co-leader of the X-men among other things. Now you may not accept that but it is what it is. Unless you think all those things would have occurred without Scemma?

The last years have contradicted everything about Endsong, the characters lives have moved from this story. They breaking up on AvX, Bendis run were they weren't together, Phoenix Resurretion were Scott apologized to Jean for this and whatever was going with teen Cyke and Jean. Those things are canon too. Endsong is old.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    In truth Generation-X was it's own thing with hardly any strong connections to the X-men proper minus the occasional crossover. But from the start of the affair in New X-men right up to the aftermath of AVX Emma was tied to the X-men by virtue of her relationship to Scott(Scemma). Its because of that relationship that she was so prominently featured, that she was seen as the main x-woman, that she was considered co-leader of the X-men among other things. Now you may not accept that but it is what it is. Unless you think all those things would have occurred without Scemma?
    In truth, some fans like to minimize Gen X because it contradicts their narrative that Emma is purely evil and just out to spite their character.

I know you despise Emma, why are you posting in this thread anyway?