Page 111 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    The last years have contradicted everything about Endsong, the characters lives have moved from this story. They breaking up on AvX, Bendis run were they weren't together, Phoenix Resurretion were Scott apologized to Jean for this and whatever was going with teen Cyke and Jean. Those things are canon too. Endsong is old.
    It hasn't contradicted anything about Endsong, it just moved past it. Scott didn't apologize for anything during P:R, it's the reason a lot of people are still upset with him.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    The last years have contradicted everything about Endsong, the characters lives have moved from this story. They breaking up on AvX, Bendis run were they weren't together, Phoenix Resurretion were Scott apologized to Jean for this and whatever was going with teen Cyke and Jean. Those things are canon too. Endsong is old.
    Yeah, Cyclops saying he was so sorry for everything that happened was a huge blow to his relationship with Emma. It's as if he was apologizing for being with her after Jean died. Not to mention Scott's predictable road to redemption began after he broke up with Emma. It's a huge slap in the face, especially since Emma put so much time and money into helping mutants survive. Someone here said the X-Men would have never survived Decimation if it weren't for Emma. I agree..Emma pushed Scott to lead and make difficult decisions.

AvX was a letdown too. It turned Emma and Scott into crazy villains. I guess Marvel just wants the X-Men to go ~kumbaya~ and hold hands and give thoughts and prayers while their species is getting bombed away.

At the end of the day you really can't take these comics seriously. The plots and characterization are often like morning soap operas with dozens of writers coming in and erasing someone else's work.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 06-01-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Yeah, Cyclops saying he was so sorry for everything that happened was a huge blow to his relationship with Emma. It's as if he was apologizing for being with her after Jean died. Not to mention Scott's predictable road to redemption began after he broke up with Emma. It's a huge slap in the face, especially since Emma put so much time and money into helping mutants survive. Someone here said the X-Men would have never survived Decimation if it weren't for Emma. I agree..Emma pushed Scott to lead and make difficult decisions.

AvX was a letdown too. It turned Emma and Scott into crazy villains. I guess Marvel just wants the X-Men to go ~kumbaya~ and hold hands and give thoughts and prayers while their species is getting bombed away.

At the end of the day you really can't take these comics seriously. The plots and characterization are often like morning soap operas with dozens of writers coming in and erasing someone else's work.
    Like PsychoEfrost said, he didn't apologize, which is why so many people were angry with him. Him being sorry about the whole situation doesn't mean he regrets ever being with Emma, just how things were handled with Jean.

There are a few other things that people keep forgetting about Emma's personality and behavior.
    1. When Gen X ended Xavier asked Emma to come to Genosha and teach, that is what she did, she wasn't a leader in Genosha, she was a school teacher. Her diamond form triggered when she used her own body to shield some of her students from the explosion.

2. During M-Day a lot of people were granted their greatest wish to some degree. It was so that they wouldn't mentally fight being in M-Day. Emma's wish was to settle down in a New York condo with Scott and work as a child therapist to children. Emma was a well respected child therapist when she was woken by Logan and Layla.

Of course writers do whatever they want. Some writers like Kelly Thompson ran with the whole Black King thing and kept Emma as mostly a hero who for all her sarcasm still genuinely wanted to help Jessica and Luke defeat the Purple Man and his son. During the last Infinity War when Emma and Logan were split from each other in the warp reality, Emma joined the team to try and restore reality back to normal. During the Jean Grey series, Emma tried to help young Jeen defend herself from the Phoenix force. In the Return of Jean Grey series, even though there was nothing in it for her and the X-Men were super rude, she still told them exactly where she thought they could find the resurrected Jean Grey.

I expect Rosenberg is going to make her the big villain of Uncanny X-Men, she will probably be responsible for all the bad things happening to the X-Men since he figures that Emma has to have regressed back to the way she was during the Dark Phoenix Saga, ignoring years of continuity that proves that Emma has changed significantly over the years.

I personally feel that Emma's biggest failing is that she always goes a little crazy or a lot crazy whenever her students or wards are hurt. She has an obsession with protecting mutant kind that can be to her detriment sometimes. When the Hellions died it almost broke her. When Onslaught almost killed the Gen X kids she fled to Canada with them and went into hiding because she was afraid for their lives. She used her own body to try to protect children in Genosha during the nuclear explosion. Once again she was nearly broken when the bus of former mutant students was attacked during decimation, she was just sending them home because she thought they would be save because they were normal humans. During AvX the Avengers were rounding up and detaining mutants which in a way was Emma and Scott's worst nightmare, I don't blame Emma at all for how much she hated the Avengers during the Phoenix Five incident. Then you have the Inhumans that wanted to completely ignore that their terrigen cloud was either sterilizing mutants or killing them. Emma went crazy after she and Scott found the dead mutants on Muir Island and then Scott himself was killed by the mists. The Inhumans weren't even willing to destroy the second cloud until Emma waged war against them to force their hand. I agree she went too far at the end with the Sentinels, but the Inhumans as always were arrogant pieces of crap like they have always been.

Emma for all of her faults is one of the strongest advocates for mutant rights that has ever been a member of the X-Men. She is also realistic enough to know that the humans can never be trusted.

god i wish i could stuff some mutant kid in a locker and take their lunch money so mom could beat me up
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Gosh, don’t y’all ever fucking tire of this constant who is better Jean or Emma? Whether be it be power level, Scott’s true love, etc etc etc.
    This is quite entertaining to me. Mostly because I think Scott doesn't deserve Jean or Emma. I suspect a writer will eventually come along who thinks the same thing and Scott will eventually run off and marry someone totally unexpected. Jean is Scott's high school girlfriend. Emma is Scott's college girlfriend. But the woman that he settles down with in 616 will probably eventually be someone like Nadia Pym. He'll even get a helmet that matches hers.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I see two emma haters in this thread, so I already know this whole discussion going nowhere at all...

Anyways im playing MFF again and I just noticed Psylockes new costume and the animations are amazing!! This honestly makes me wish theyd include the P5 costume for Emma, as I can see them doing the animations quite well
    I love how they've been giving certain characters non-tier 3 three-dimensional skills on almost every update, it's honestly refreshing. Hulk on the Endgame patch and Psylocke now, it's insane. I'm honestly torn on whether I should save crystals for Emma or Betsy. I can't decide

The PF costumes might come someday, I just wonder if they'll add the "Phoenix Force" attribute like Jean has. Of course, it should mean Scarlet Witch would finally get that "bonus damage against Phoenix Force" that barely matters, but still it would be pretty damn cool. Let's wait for it, I guess. I'm still praying Scott, Rogue and Magik get unlockable potential next X-Men patch. Having three of my faves left behind hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    This is quite entertaining to me. Mostly because I think Scott doesn't deserve Jean or Emma. I suspect a writer will eventually come along who thinks the same thing and Scott will eventually run off and marry someone totally unexpected. Jean is Scott's high school girlfriend. Emma is Scott's college girlfriend. But the woman that he settles down with in 616 will probably eventually be someone like Nadia Pym. He'll even get a helmet that matches hers.
    Jean is both the high school and college girlfriend. Emma is really the adult relationship. And of course the idea that Scott doesn't "deserve" them is non-sense. In Emma's case specifically, he helped make her a better person and grow as a hero and as a X-man to places she would never have if he wasn't around (and, yes, the reverse is true) and without him her life would have been incredibly worse, as evidenced by the last few years.

Scott would be happiest with Colleen Wing because she would pull him out of mutant shit, which is why it can't happen.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

What are your theories about Emma's future?
    Where do you want her story to go?

(Also please nothing about shipping, talking about that usually ends bad and the characters are more than with who they are paired)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-02-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Jean is both the high school and college girlfriend. Emma is really the adult relationship. And of course the idea that Scott doesn't "deserve" them is non-sense. In Emma's case specifically, he helped make her a better person and grow as a hero and as a X-man to places she would never have if he wasn't around (and, yes, the reverse is true) and without him her life would have been incredibly worse, as evidenced by the last few years.
    Our editor highly disagree with that theory

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    According to our editor, Emma is a villain and can never be on a proper, classic X-man team, or be heroic. The facts are irrelevant to childhood nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

(Also please nothing about shipping, talking about that usually ends bad and the characters are more than with who they are paired)
    I just want her to wear the Powers of X cover costume. Then they could have her stealing kids' Christmas presents, cutting lines at Starbucks, and avoiding her taxes. Whatever needs to be done to buy time until Lord Spencer is done with that webheaded menace and gets to make her MVP. Although, John might do that too. All I know for sure is that my queen CANNOT look as basic as this Black King.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Branching off with a Hellfire Academy say in London or New Orleans. Just have her out of the X costume and team, let her do her own thing, a’la Gen X. Create her new mutants to work with, and go against so she doesn’t be anyone’s mistress, whore, bitch, villain, backstabber, psychopathic ex, or whatever else she has been painted as. Fresh start!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    Anyone that reads the comics would agree with JDW, that was pure Morrison head canon BS

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    According to our editor, Emma is a villain and can never be on a proper, classic X-man team, or be heroic. The facts are irrelevant to childhood nostalgia.
    It's funny that you say that Emma as a villain is nostalgia, but uses the wrong Morrison head canon as justificative for Scott and jean falling apart. Smeels something wrong