Page 116 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 4503

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Bonus points for putting Scott & Emma there, minus ones for including Kitty and Colossus, and even more for not even mentioning the non-wedding.

BANNED

SM/WW and Kittylossus drag this list down, but kudos for putting Scemma (with a somewhat solid reasoning for that) and Midnighter/Apollo there.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the UXM preview, and how characterization can be a funny thing for the fandom to interpret.
    I'm seeing a lot of folks pretty miffed by Emma's portrayal and quantifying her behavior as a hard heel turn but...I don't see it as that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Interpretation is a funny thing.

I read those lines -- her "better than" posturing -- and I read it with all the vulnerability and emotion that Emma is prone to hiding. She's a leader. A king now. She runs the Hellfire Club and she has to maintain an image. Emma's always maintained a carefully crafted, hardened image and this is no different, imho. Making statements like these to Vanisher or all people, in my mind, doesn't undercut or insult her time AS an X-Woman. She's fronting.

DOES she think she's better than the X-Men? Some of them, undoubtedly.
    Does she think she knows better? Hasn't she always? But we also know from assorted stories that she has admitted, however briefly or absurdly written, to have a longing to be accepted as part of that "family". I believe a lot of her biting snark and quippy cut downs are rooted, to a degree, in envy of the X-Men. She's a very emotionally complex woman in my eyes. Its what draws me to her so strongly. I feel that.
    For me, that moment when she realizes her attackers truly ARE her former students/comrades -- THAT is the vulnerability she works so diligently to mask. That is the "brutal heart" we've come to recognize since her days as Co-head of Generation X and subsequent years.

Just my two cents.
    Emma is ferocious. She's savage. But in my mind, that ferocity comes from passion. From emotion. She FEELS very strongly. She's a telepath. She can't NOT. That's all part of why she is often quick to anger-- and when that anger is let loose, it is a maelstrom.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It could be that or they forgot to clean up the image a bit. It might have been an indicator for shading.

I think this is the most likely, I see stray lines like this a lot, it always made me think the colorists have no liberties because who would leave such a hideous line on someones face in a random place?

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    I think this is the most likely, I see stray lines like this a lot, it always made me think the colorists have no liberties because who would leave such a hideous line on someones face in a random place?
    Disregard. Sorry. I figured out my question.

I just read Uncanny X-Men #18. I won't spoil it, although other threads have, but I have a feeling it'll get Emma Frost fans talking.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Uncanny X-Men #529 (2010) - Vampire Variant Cover by Mike Mayhew

UXM 19 was amazing! Rosenberg suprisingly did good by Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed! I was honestly worried that he would make her too much of a villain. But I think he struck a nice balance here. He showed that Emma Frost can still be the cunning, ruthless operator we all know and love, but she's also capable of sincerity, love, and vision. I really hope she has a larger role in Hickman's upcoming run.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I am happy with UXM 19 and Emma.. it is a sophisticated twist to the story and it shows the multiple facets of the character.. I wonder about what Emma has in store now for her enemies...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I am happy with UXM 19 and Emma.. it is a sophisticated twist to the story and it shows the multiple facets of the character.. I wonder about what Emma has in store now for her enemies...
    It made me sad to know that Emma's whole game all this time has been to try and keep everyone alive as long as possible including herself. I thought the story was good, but wow, Uncanny has to be the most depressing comic run in a long time, I got that utterly hopeless feeling again. Seeing poor Emma trapped so completely. Maybe Mystique isn't implanted since she wasn't there at the beginning so Mystique may be the only one working for Emma who can act without being monitored by the O.N.E.

Comic Geek in General

so, Emma is under control, but ONE, not say Gamemaster or one of Wyngarde’s offspring (I think)......thigh is still think there’s more to Callahan than we see, like maybe it’s Bastion or Lang in disguise.......and Emma mindwiped Scott and Logan For The Greater Good....though we don’t know how well that would look for her once either of them learn how and why.....we know Emma is sticking around after this whole saga wraps into Hickman’s Run, as she’s one of his favorites

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yep, I feel like this was a real improvement. I'm hoping he can maintain this momentum.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I found it horrible, honestly.