Page 117 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 4503

Wait, Emma is being controlled by ONE??

So they think... she is thinking ahead
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Not controlled so much as Blackmailed. She can still act freely, but she has got to watch her back & be very careful with how she chose to work them.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Not controlled so much as Blackmailed. She can still act freely, but she has got to watch her back & be very careful with how she chose to work them.
    She is being controlled to an extent. I don't see why ONE doesn't fully control her though.

Yes spoilers:
    She has a cure bomb in her head
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yes spoilers:
    She has a cure bomb in her head
    end of spoilers
    Wow, I hope all this pays off

But lol @ Emma telling Scott she hopes they can be together again. Loooool.

I don't think Emma fans would be too happy with today's issue of Uncanny X-Men. spoilers:
    Emma is captured by ONE and after being kept in a bright room for a long time, acquiesces to Callahan and sells out mutantkind to end her suffering. Of all the bargaining chips to use, she gives Callahan the mutant cure by mindcontrolling Anole. They didn't even know it still existed; it was her idea. I suppose putting her own wellbeing before people she doesn't know is in character for Emma, since she's not known for her nobility, but she sacrificed a lot to keep mutantkind alive. Putting the cure out there and in the hands of ONE makes her either stupid or self-serving.
    On a separate note, Scemma fans may be happy that she's still in love with Scott and hopeful that he'll take her back, but I would think she'd have gotten the hint after scanning his mind and be a little mad he didn't seek her out after he got resurrected and his first thought was of reuniting with Jean. Emma's been pining one-sidedly for Scott or Scott's ghost for years now, so it'd be nice if she moved on already.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I don't think Emma fans would be too happy with today's issue of Uncanny X-Men. spoilers:
    Emma is captured by ONE and after being kept in a bright room for a long time, acquiesces to Callahan and sells out mutantkind to end her suffering. Of all the bargaining chips to use, she gives Callahan the mutant cure by mindcontrolling Anole. They didn't even know it still existed; it was her idea. I suppose putting her own wellbeing before people she doesn't know is in character for Emma, since she's not known for her nobility, but she sacrificed a lot to keep mutantkind alive. Putting the cure out there and in the hands of ONE makes her either stupid or self-serving.
    On a separate note, Scemma fans may be happy that she's still in love with Scott and hopeful that he'll take her back, but I would think she'd have gotten the hint after scanning his mind and be a little mad he didn't seek her out after he got resurrected and his first thought was of reuniting with Jean. Emma's been pining one-sidedly for Scott or Scott's ghost for years now, so it'd be nice if she moved on already.
    end of spoilers
    I hope Emma has something else up her sleeves by giving the cure to the bad guys. Seems too ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

There's nothing wrong with Emma pining for him and not the opposite in the last few years since, you know, Scott was dead most of the time.

Lol. Current X-Office really don't understand this character whatsoever. This issue was so bad! This current take on Emma is so bad!

On a brighter note, the scene at the diner was really sweet and sad! Poor Emma! It was really cute and endearing. I liked that part.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-05-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I found it horrible, honestly.
    It's not great, but it's better than I was expecting. Also, compared to the last issue, this feels like an improvement.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Wow, I hope all this pays off

But lol @ Emma telling Scott she hopes they can be together again. Loooool.
    thats the one part of the issue I didnt like. Its pretty unhealthy of Emma to still be pining away for him like this, but I guess its consistent with her in recent years

I really liked the issue. It gives Emma ups and downs and add complexity to the character. I wonder what kind of strategy she has to get out of trouble and keep on saving mutankind. That is the fun of books like this one. It gets the character into credible trouble and she suffers now she has to overcome the situation. It was really sweet to read her Scott moment too. I hope we get Scemma back soon. It was intersting and it made them more interesting to read, specially Scott.

What I dont follow is why there are two pages of Jean Grey lovers commenting on how much they didnīt like the issue. Everytime Emma starts to shine we have to endure them. Stay in the JG APPRECIATION thread please. This is the Emma Frost APPRECIATION one.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I really liked the issue. It gives Emma ups and downs and add complexity to the character. I wonder what kind of strategy she has to get out of trouble and keep on saving mutankind. That is the fun of books like this one. It gets the character into credible trouble and she suffers now she has to overcome the situation. It was really sweet to read her Scott moment too. I hope we get Scemma back soon. It was intersting and it made them more interesting to read, specially Scott.

What I dont follow is why there are two pages of Jean Grey lovers commenting on how much they didnīt like the issue. Everytime Emma starts to shine we have to endure them. Stay in the JG APPRECIATION thread please. This is the Emma Frost APPRECIATION one.
    I think you're confusing Emma fans as being the same as Scemma fans. Being a Jean fan and an Emma fan aren't mutually exclusive. There are plenty of posters who like Emma but think she's better off without Scott and that she should stop sadly pining after someone who made her feel neglected, broke up with her (years ago), and turned down her proposal of getting back together.

I also disagree that Emma shined in this issue. I expected this issue to show Emma being a master manipulator, but it really just showed her as being a puppet for ONE. She's outwitted by Callahan, and sells out mutantkind by giving away the cure (when they didn't even know about it) and agrees to help take care of mutants on ONE's hitlist because she wanted to save herself. Even though she's fallen hard in the last few years, she at least prioritized mutantkind. This latest move pushes her even further into being more of an anti-hero, basically doing good deeds only when it suits her. It's pretty much moot anyway, since Hickman will no doubt bring back a more competent Emma.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats the one part of the issue I didnt like. Its pretty unhealthy of Emma to still be pining away for him like this, but I guess its consistent with her in recent years
    He just came back to life, that's exactly the time for Emma to.get emotional; and we don't even know for sure what was their relationship status when he died, specially considering Bendis reasons for keeping them apart were stupid.